• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iPhone 7 | OT | Pre-order Sept 9, Available Sept 16

So if I sign up for one of those upgrade plans, make payments for a year and switch, do I have to make payments for another year or for two more years?

After 12 payments, they drop the remaining 12 and start you on a new 24 month plan. You only go through all 24 payments of a single phone if you stick with it past the first year.

icespide

Banned
apple says stock is extremely limited for walk-ins on friday. no jet black phones at all and no 7 pluses of any color are in stock

https://techcrunch.com/2016/09/14/apples-iphone-7-will-be-super-limited-in-stores-and-all-jet-black-models-are-sold-out/

We couldn’t be happier with the initial response to iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus, and we are looking forward to beginning sales through our retail stores and partners around the world.
Beginning Friday, limited quantities of iPhone 7 in silver, gold, rose gold, and black will be available for walk-in customers at Apple retail stores. During the online pre-order period, initial quantities of iPhone 7 Plus in all finishes and iPhone 7 in jet black sold out and will not be available for walk-in customers. Availability at partner locations for all finishes may vary and we recommend checking directly with them.
Customers can continue to order all models in all colors on apple.com. We sincerely appreciate our customers’ patience as we work hard to get the new iPhone into the hands of everyone who wants one as quickly as possible.

Red

If I put a new SIM in my phone, and the carrier name and signal strength appears, does that mean my phone is unlocked? It was a t mobile activated phone, paid in full, and I'm testing with an old Verizon card.

Ratros

Jet Black iPhone 7 and all the iPhone 7 Plus models are sold out for launch day. In other words, even if you come into the Apple Store first on Sep 16th you still will not be able to purchase those models.

My deepest condolences to those lining up outside the 5th Avenue Apple Store right now. Come to think of it, it even rained a little in the afternoon...

I guess they moved all the available stock to the iUP program?

neurosyphilis

Definitely not an STD, as I'm a pure.
Jet Black iPhone 7 and all the iPhone 7 Plus models are sold out for launch day. In other words, even if you come into the Apple Store first on Sep 16th you still will not be able to purchase those models.

My deepest condolences to those lining up outside the 5th Avenue Apple Store right now. Come to think of it, it even rained a little in the afternoon...

I guess they moved all the available stock to the iUP program?

Did anyones Jet Black 7 ship yet ? Mine is still saying preparing for shipment.

-d0hv

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
I finally made the plunge into the iPhone.... I never thought this day would come but Microsoft has done such a terrible job managing its phone platform that there was no reason for me to stick around anymore.

I preordered the iPhone 7 Plus 32 GB matt black. They say it'll arrive between Nov. 1st and 30th so I'm in for a long wait. The person at the T-Mobile store I did it from told me they're only receiving 4 phone on their first shipment and given how crowded their store has been over the past week... there's going to be A LOT of disappointed people.

The main reason I got the iPhone is because it seems like it will work better with my car than my Windows Phone mainly because the app to remotely control some of the features of my car are not available on the WP platform.

Why didn't I go Android? Mainly because I've owned an android tablet and the whole platform is trash. I'm sure its gotten better but trash will always be trash regardless of how much Fabreeze you spray into it.

My biggest fear is the apple echo system. I hate the idea of buying into such a money sink. I've heard enough to know that I'm better off with third-party software options but I'm worried about the allure of hardware. I'd appreciate the feedback on others who came to Apple with hate in their hearts like myself... did you eventually break down and give all your hard-earned income to apple besides the initial plunge on the phone.

Triz

I finally made the plunge into the iPhone.... I never thought this day would come but Microsoft has done such a terrible job managing its phone platform that there was no reason for me to stick around anymore.

I preordered the iPhone 7 Plus 32 GB matt black. They say it'll arrive between Nov. 1st and 30th so I'm in for a long wait. The person at the T-Mobile store I did it from told me they're only receiving 4 phone on their first shipment and given how crowded their store has been over the past week... there's going to be A LOT of disappointed people.

The main reason I got the iPhone is because it seems like it will work better with my car than my Windows Phone mainly because the app to remotely control some of the features of my car are not available on the WP platform.

Why didn't I go Android? Mainly because I've owned an android tablet and the whole platform is trash. I'm sure its gotten better but trash will always be trash regardless of how much Fabreeze you spray into it.

My biggest fear is the apple echo system. I hate the idea of buying into such a money sink. I've heard enough to know that I'm better off with third-party software options but I'm worried about the allure of hardware. I'd appreciate the feedback on others who came to Apple with hate in their hearts like myself... did you eventually break down and give all your hard-earned income to apple besides the initial plunge on the phone.

Im an Apple convert. Im at the point where I have 3 iPads 4 iPhones, Apple TV and a Mac Book Pro. Family sharing is a godsend. I know it hurts to jump ecosystems. But if you embrace it it can pay itself off.

This is insane, Ive been on the phone with T-Mobile for 2 hours, talking with 3 people so far, to order an iPhone 7 with the preorder deal. After trying on the 9th for two 1/2 hours until the support person gave up. I *had* been planning to go early to a T-Mobile store Friday, until I learned the trade-in program was changing tonight to require the T-Mobile One plan (which is worse than their SimpleChoice plan).

I am really torn between getting this on the upgrade program, or just buying it outright.

From my understanding it will cost me £416.95 (£33.35 per month plus £49 at the start) for a year if I end up upgrading, using the upgrade program.

However if I bought the phone outright for £599, and then sold it next year (providing I feel the urge to upgrade) for at least £182.05 then I would be saving money overall.

Are there any other benefits to the upgrade program that I am not seeing?

I am really torn between getting this on the upgrade program, or just buying it outright.

From my understanding it will cost me £416.95 (£33.35 per month plus £49 at the start) for a year if I end up upgrading, using the upgrade program.

However if I bought the phone outright for £599, and then sold it next year (providing I feel the urge to upgrade) for at least £182.05 then I would be saving money overall.

Are there any other benefits to the upgrade program that I am not seeing?

Are you taking into account the spread out apple pay coverage as well?

This is insane, Ive been on the phone with T-Mobile for 2 hours, talking with 3 people so far, to order an iPhone 7 with the preorder deal. After trying on the 9th for two 1/2 hours until the support person gave up. I *had* been planning to go early to a T-Mobile store Friday, until I learned the trade-in program was changing tonight to require the T-Mobile One plan (which is worse than their SimpleChoice plan).

Well, just heard about this for the first time. Guess I'm not upgrading. :/

jts

...hate me...
This probably been asked a million times, but is there a definite answer if the new 7 plus leather cases fit the 6s+? I need them physical buttons.

Impulsor

+ or not +.

Seems like it isn't even worth it going regular, no? You lose the awesome camera, 1 gig of ram and beter ppi and battery. Even if you get a bigger phone.

Rootbeer

Banned
+ or not +.

Seems like it isn't even worth it going regular, no? You lose the awesome camera, 1 gig of ram and beter ppi and battery. Even if you get a bigger phone.

regular size has IS camera now. Just not the dual mode for better zoom.

I say get a pro unless you have special needs (smaller hands, difficulty holding anything larger, whatever)

+ or not +.

$120 is a lot of money. 7 Regular has improved battery where it's close to 7 Plus in terms of on screen time. I'm deciding whether to drop the 128GB to save another $100.

So what colour phones and cases are people going for? I was pretty much decided on getting the white/silver with a Red silicone (maybe leather) case, but I am suddenly having second thoughts and feel I could end up changing my mind tomorrow if they have the black in stock.

KevinG

It never changed. I got an email on Monday saying my phone had already processed by the time they received the request. They never specifically said anything about the bank.

Bummer.

I'm officially having to pay for my mother-in-law to ship my phone from NC to FL tomorrow. It's a silly rule, especially when I am the one purchasing the phone.

Looks like Rogers (Canada) queue is shipping to stores now. Queue for some models went straight from 100+ to shipping. Good chance of pickup tomorrow.

DrEvil

not a medical professional
Finally got my ship notice. It's in Kentucky, yesterday it was in Alaska, it should be making its way up to Canada now.

I also got my AppleCare activation which had my serial number in it... my iphone 7s hardware serial starts with F4GS... totally random I know but, it stood out, heh.

The T-Mobile thing is extremely frustrating. I asked them on the phone and they told me the deal would be good until the 30th so I was waiting to make a decision, didn't expect them to suddenly change the deal. Shit.

Top Bottom