• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iPhone 7 | OT | Pre-order Sept 9, Available Sept 16

neurosyphilis

Definitely not an STD, as I'm a pure.
Mine has arrived and it's a beautiful thing. The black is actually black, not some kind of dark grey like it appears in some of the reviews. If anything it's just missing a tiny bit of cyan/blue (unlike the iPhone 5 which had that purple vibe).

H4aTbdk.jpg

Damn how did you get it so early ? It must be tomorrow where you live.

-d0hv

you won't get a +, no stores will have stock for walk ins

I called two Apple stores and one said they won't have any pluses for walk-ins and the other said they just won't have any jet black pluses for walk-ins. I'm not sure if I should go or not now; I don't know what to believe. I'm going for the regular black 128gb plus.

icespide

Banned
I called two Apple stores and one said they won't have any pluses for walk-ins and the other said they just won't have any jet black pluses for walk-ins. I'm not sure if I should go or not now; I don't know what to believe. I'm going for the regular black 128gb plus.

Apple themselves literally put out a statement yesterday saying that there will be absolutely zero 7 Plus models of any finish in stock for walk ins tomorrow at apple stores. Carriers have a very slim chance of having any 7 plus models.

Same goes for any size Jet Black iPhone

Namikaze

I kinda wish I got the matte black model now..it's gonna be in an apple silicone case anyways, but jet black just seems so fresh at the same time. Oh well. I'm indecisive.

Apple themselves literally put out a statement yesterday saying that there will be absolutely zero 7 Plus models of any finish in stock for walk ins tomorrow at apple stores. Carriers have a very slim chance of having any 7 plus models.

Same goes for any size Jet Black iPhone

Ah ok good to know. Thanks.

GeoNeo

I disagree.
Looks great! Not as sexy as the Jet Black though.

Played with Jet Black in store demo unit already looked messy. Prefer Matte Black for sure. 😊 Now I know why Apple had a disclaimer Re: Jet Black...can't have a "gate" when the straight up warn you, though I'm sure people will find a way to make Apple out to be at fault. 😅

GeoNeo

I disagree.
Also, it's hard to capture with pic but Matte Black really defuses and absorbs the lighting around it example in my pic I took it with 6Plus that had an orange leather case and it picked up that up.

Btw, 256GB has 248.61GB Capacity has listed by iOS.

I have the phone 6 64gb. You are right though I think I wll wait for the 10th anniversary considering I just bought a ipad pro today and will buy the watch tomorrow.

I would trade it in for a "free" iPhone 7 if you're on AT&T or Verizon.

You can trade it in at T-Mobile if you're on their ONE plan.

Zoator

I'm concerned about the scratching of the home button and the camera lens, given that they scratched at a 6 and he said they were not sapphire. Apple explicitly claims that the lens cover is sapphire, and they have claimed that the home button was sapphire when they introduced Touch ID in the 5S, although I don't know if they've maid any claims specific to the 7.

Jeffrey

that bend test is interesting, I don't recall samsung's water resistance 'seals' breaking when b ending.

Best not to put your phones in tight jeans without a case if you are one to encounter water frequently.

I'm so pissed off at Best Buy I can't see straight.

I pre-ordered my 7 Plus and got a confirmation that I would get it on launch day. I haven't seen anything all week about my order changing from processing to shipped. I called the Best Buy 1800 number today and was on hold 1 HOUR AND 9 MINUTES! I talked to a representative who guaranteed me I would have mine tomorrow and the system just hasn't updated. She said I would have mine because the warehouse that is used for my location has my order.

I get an email tonight saying my order won't be delivered until October 7th. I am now 40 minutes into another phone call to Best Buy asking them what the hell happened. Nobody is picking up and this whistling hold music is pissing me off more and more.

Deku Tree

I'm so pissed off at Best Buy I can't see straight.

I pre-ordered my 7 Plus and got a confirmation that I would get it on launch day. I haven't seen anything all week about my order changing from processing to shipped. I called the Best Buy 1800 number today and was on hold 1 HOUR AND 9 MINUTES! I talked to a representative who guaranteed me I would have mine tomorrow and the system just hasn't updated. She said I would have mine because the warehouse that is used for my location has my order.

I get an email tonight saying my order won't be delivered until October 7th. I am now 40 minutes into another phone call to Best Buy asking them what the hell happened. Nobody is picking up and this whistling hold music is pissing me off more and more.

At least they will give you $100 gift card towards your next BB purchase.

Ordered your 7 plus at 3am and thought you got September 16 pickup at Best Buy? Lol nope. Oct. 7 baby!

ASTROID2

I'm concerned about the scratching of the home button and the camera lens, given that they scratched at a 6 and he said they were not sapphire. Apple explicitly claims that the lens cover is sapphire, and they have claimed that the home button was sapphire when they introduced Touch ID in the 5S, although I don't know if they've maid any claims specific to the 7.

They claim the lens cover is sapphire crystal on their site.

http://www.apple.com/iphone-7/specs/

Guess Who

Banned
Nothing.

Dual lens camera is holding up production for the plus. There were rumours of a pro version but they scrapped that.

The rumor was the 7 Plus would have a single camera and the 7 Pro would have the double, but yields ended up better than expected so they just shoved the double camera in the Plus (and upped the price $20).

Top Bottom