• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iPhone 7 | OT | Pre-order Sept 9, Available Sept 16

My Verizon 128gb Black Plus is still processing after a week even though I ordered when pre orders started :(

A coworker is getting his delivered tomorrow, even though he ordered it on Tuesday. Its a regular sized 7 though but still. Oh well.

toohectic

I'm concerned about the scratching of the home button and the camera lens, given that they scratched at a 6 and he said they were not sapphire. Apple explicitly claims that the lens cover is sapphire, and they have claimed that the home button was sapphire when they introduced Touch ID in the 5S, although I don't know if they've maid any claims specific to the 7.

Hard to tell watching the video on my phone, but the scratches on the camera lens look like they were limited to an external coating that's added to improve light transmission. The glass or sapphire did not appear damaged. I don't know if a coating has been used on iPhone lenses in the past or not. Perhaps the home button is the same way. (Didn't watch the home button scratch test.)

giphy.gif

I love what the captions say during this part

Malo

Banned
Just talked to a friend who works at the T-Mobile on 34th street in NYC, they're only going to get 5 iPhones.

I hope people aren't camping out.

Just got off the phone. The rep I spoke with said Apple is at fault, but a few carrier orders have gone out already. Also, she said corporate office hasn't given them information to confirm the validity of the emails people are getting 😂

Man, all that time wasted.

Will AT&T have any Plus models for walk-ins??

icespide

Banned
Just got off the phone. The rep I spoke with said Apple is at fault, but a few carrier orders have gone out already. Also, she said corporate office hasn't given them information to confirm the validity of the emails people are getting 😂

honestly if you want a plus tomorrow i would just give up. sucks but don't waste your time

I'd just preorder one man. :/ sorry...

ASTROID2

I really hope it comes before I have to leave for work in the afternoon. I hope i can get some sleep tonight the wait is killing me.

I called my AT&T and the guy there said they wouldn't be getting any in. Don't know if he knew for sure though. I don't know if I should even try tomorrow morning =

I have one pre-ordered but it's got an October 7th-13th delivery date. Ugh.

Pretty much expecting to see lineups in front of Apple and the big 3 phone networks tomorrow morning here in Montreal, but I'm guessing 20 units at the Apple Store and ~2 units per network store. Bloodbath.

What's the link for making a store reservation?

No idea how to do it on the website but if you use the Apple Store app, click on the iPhone 7 preorder image, and then in small print at the very top is the store reservation link. I hear it still works in the US maybe, but in Canada its locked down until Saturday morning.

tmdorsey

No idea how to do it on the website but if you use the Apple Store app, click on the iPhone 7 preorder image, and then in small print at the very top is the store reservation link. I hear it still works in the US maybe, but in Canada its locked down until Saturday morning.

Just checked the app and the small print goes to the iPhone Upgrade Program. Is that the reservations link everyone's been talking about? I want to reserve one, but use the AT&T Next plan, not the Apple Upgrade program.

AkumaNiko

Just checked the app and the small print goes to the iPhone Upgrade Program. Is that the reservations link everyone's been talking about? I want to reserve one, but use the AT&T Next plan, not the Apple Upgrade program.

can only use the apple program. pretty much what i did. I have 1 7+ reserved at two stores, JIC

Ashhong

I have finally come to terms of not upgrading my 6 this year and waiting until next year. I spent hours researching how I could do the trade in promo and upgrade next year but it's not worth the risk.

Enjoy you bastards!

DOWN

Banned
Am I supposed to sleep under this pressure? What if I'm peeing when they come for my signature at the front door? Am I supposed to set an alarm to wake up, without even having an iPhone 7 to do the job?

DrEvil

not a medical professional
For the past month or so, the screen on my iPhone 5 has slowly been separating from the body of the phone on the left side. It was limited to the top left corner up until today, where now the entire left side can be visibly pushed down (the backlight is now leaking through the body).

I think my phone finally gave up and knows its time is up.

Just finished doing my iCloud back up.

Tomorrow will be a great day. Can't wait for my shipment to arrive at the office :)

Oscar

I'm on tmobile's JUMP thing.

Just gonna try my luck at a few carrier stores to see if they have any base model 7's in stock. My 16GB 6S has 1.5gb left lol.

Dany

Banned
Am I supposed to sleep under this pressure? What if I'm peeing when they come for my signature at the front door? Am I supposed to set an alarm to wake up, without even having an iPhone 7 to do the job?
I'm not sleeping.

I'm watching all the iPhone unveiling keynotes.

toohectic

I would recommend that you set up a tent on the front patio and piss in the bushes.

It's maddening seeing all these iPhone 7s out in the wild while I'm still here with an October ship date :(

I neeeeeeed it... this Galaxy has been nice these past two years but I am soooo ready for my grand iOS homecoming.

Clipse

So I'm thinking of skipping the stores tomorrow and just pre-ordering on Verizon's website, but have a question about their mail-in trade-in program.

How am I supposed to send in my trade-in within 25 days of receiving the pre-paid envelope when the phone I want could take up to the 26th of October to actually arrive?

Backlogger

Kind of bummed, I should have gotten into Apple's Upgrade program last year instead of going with Verizon's plan. I misunderstood how it worked. Now if I want to upgrade I either need to go with Verizon's seemingly crappy trade in 24/mo device payment plan or pay off my current phone balances (I have 2 phones) to get into Apples Upgrade program. Guessing I'll wait for the 7s now. My wife will be bummed to as she wanted to move up to the Plus

Am I wrong about the Verizon plan? I really want the best plan for upgrading every year.

iFixit tear down reveals that the Plus' camera array has two separate optical image stabilizers.

I was under the impression that the telephoto didn't have OIS so this is great news.

Fake edit: Apparently the iFixit team is wrong going by the comments on their article.

toohectic

I already use the bushes, but I will add a tent thank you
Back yard bushes won't cut it for tomorrow. Gotta risk it and use the front yard ones.

So I'm thinking of skipping the stores tomorrow and just pre-ordering on Verizon's website, but have a question about their mail-in trade-in program.

How am I supposed to send in my trade-in within 25 days of receiving the pre-paid envelope when the phone I want could take up to the 26th of October to actually arrive?

Just speculating, but perhaps the trade-in envelope comes with your new phone delivery; effectively making it due 25 days after you receive your new phone.

Sweet. Just bought a jet black 256 gig Plus on eBay for $1,100. It'll e here between Tuesday and Friday. I guess that's only $60 more than waiting 3 weeks for Best Buy.

jaydogg691

Hey y'all! Quick question about Apple Care.

So I ordered my phone through T-Mobile and want to get insurance for the phone. Can I walk into an Apple Store and add Apple Care to the 7 and what's the time frame. Don't really want to get T-Mo insurance and paying $40 or whatever for a screen replacement is better than paying the $150 for T-Mo.

Thanks!

Top Bottom