• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iPhone 7 | OT | Pre-order Sept 9, Available Sept 16

mid83

Apple sent me an email and I apparently will have a black 128 gb Plus available by 9/26 to pick up. I'll try to grab an appointment prior to that but a week in a half isn't bad. Much better than the month wait I apparently have for my Apple Watch.

So I'm gonna start my phone fresh, will my podcasts be gone?

If that's the case what's the best way to transfer your podcasts from one phone to the next?

Apple have updated their trade values and it's as I feared, $275 for a 6S. They can kick rocks too.

So I'm gonna start my phone fresh, will my podcasts be gone?

If that's the case what's the best way to transfer your podcasts from one phone to the next?

Apple have updated their trade values and it's as I feared, $275 for a 6S. They can kick rocks too.

Why bother starting your phone fresh as opposed to restoring from a backup?

Fliesen

meh, i do that as well.

Emails, photos, contacts etc. sync back from the cloud anyways.
I like the notion of having an entirely fresh phone.

First thing i do then, is go through the "purchased" section of the app store and download the apps that i think i'll need, set up a new wallpaper, create a new folder structure.

Keeps things fresh.

edit: the only thing i'd be losing would be iMessage conversations. But that's ok, those are barely searchable and the photos / gifs and videos take up crazy amounts of space anyways. (recently cleaned up 5(!) gigs of iMessage attachments on my MacBook)

DOWN

Banned
I guess it's a way to clean up and not have stuff installed that you won't use

That said, unlike a computer, iOS really has no problem being loaded with your junk apps and music if you want to just use a backup

Vyer

meh, i do that as well.

Emails, photos, contacts etc. sync back from the cloud anyways.
I like the notion of having an entirely fresh phone.

First thing i do then, is go through the "purchased" section of the app store and download the apps that i think i'll need, set up a new wallpaper, create a new folder structure.

Keeps things fresh.

edit: the only thing i'd be losing would be iMessage conversations. But that's ok, those are barely searchable and the photos / gifs and videos take up crazy amounts of space anyways. (recently cleaned up 5(!) gigs of iMessage attachments on my MacBook)

Yeah, I do this too. I think doing it from time to time helps avoid lots of small issues too.

Juice

I used to start fresh but don't anymore because I don't want to lose all my Health and activity history :(

Really bums me out that there's no way to import them other than encrypted backup

br3wnor

Kind of bummed, I should have gotten into Apple's Upgrade program last year instead of going with Verizon's plan. I misunderstood how it worked. Now if I want to upgrade I either need to go with Verizon's seemingly crappy trade in 24/mo device payment plan or pay off my current phone balances (I have 2 phones) to get into Apples Upgrade program. Guessing I'll wait for the 7s now. My wife will be bummed to as she wanted to move up to the Plus

Am I wrong about the Verizon plan? I really want the best plan for upgrading every year.

My understanding of Verizon's plan is once you pay off 50% of the phone (12 months of payments usually) you're eligible to trade it back in and upgrade to the newest phone, again on the payment plan. The payment plan is interest free so that's not bad but if you plan to trade in the phone at 50% you're essentially leasing the phone for $25-30 a month.

If you want to upgrade every year the best bet honestly would just be to buy the phone outright and after a year, sell it for probably 60-70% what you paid for it and then buy the newest model for $200-300 bucks. The iPhones hold their value really well.

rubes7844

Banned
Thank goodness for nice people in line. I was about to shit my pants and they held my place so I can destroy the gas station toilet

Stopped to get in line at AT&T just for the hell of it. I've lined up at this store since the 5 and never had any problems. Today they didn't get a single Plus. Oh well, MacRumors people in the same boat as me with my Apple order are getting delivery estimates of Monday so here's hoping I get that too.

Walked in to get my 7 through IUP. Realized I forgot the password to my ATT account and the recovery info is set in another family members name.

Fml.

TimFL

I used to start fresh but don't anymore because I don't want to lose all my Health and activity history :(

Really bums me out that there's no way to import them other than encrypted backup

Why don't you restore from a backup and then reset all settings? I used to go fresh too but nowadays I just want to get going as quickly as possible.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Here's a question, if you're doing the upgrade program for the first time how does it have you set up your number on the phone? Swap your old Verizon sim into it, or are there just Verizon sign in steps?

Rodin

I have a silver iPhone 6. It's the worst color out of all of them. Just so bland and lifeless without any of the stealthy, sleek qualities of black.

It's the Hyundai minivan of phones.
Nah the silver back is fine, the gold is the worst color. It's just gross. The problem with the white iPhone is that it just looks awful on the front.

All this talk of phone colors and most of them will end up in cases

I've never used a case on my iPhone 4 and 6.

Experien

Anyone doing this AT&T trade in deal?

Step 1: Trade in iPhone 6
Step 2: Buy $100 in Accesories
Step 3: ???
Step 4: "Free" iPhone 7

Extra step, pay extra $3-4 a month to get 128GB.

Manager just came out at 7:10. Corp Verizon store. No Plus models of any configuration. No Jet Black 7 either.

I just want a black 7 anyway, but the rest of the people in line left haha.

breakfuss

Yeah I could've bought the regular 7 matte black but I really wanted the Plus. Oh well. October isn't that far away.

Same. I was this close to just buying the standard and walking out, but you have to figure...this is a device you'll be using for at least another year...typically two. Doesn't make sense to not get what you really want.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Went to play with the new iPhones in Apple Store.. apologies, in Apple.

The new home button is pretty poor. It's not like the MacBook fake button that actually feels like the read deal. This just feels same as force touching the screen anywhere would. I actually really hate that particular vibration, it's so clunky.

Cameras seem ok, but not as phenomenal as I had imagined.

Not impressed. Will stick to my SE.

Manager just came out at 7:10. Corp Verizon store. No Plus models of any configuration. No Jet Black 7 either.

I just want a black 7 anyway, but the rest of the people in line left haha.

Yeah, here in Montreal:

Apple Store: 30+ in line, coffee being served
Rogers: 10 people in line, no idea if they have any stock
Bell/Videotron/Telus: 5 people in line, no idea if they have any stock

Dark times for plus hunters lol

Definitely gonna get my phone shipped next year, I figured I'd be able to walk in after preordering a pickup. I've been on line for close to an hour and my time slot has already passed:/

Hoo-doo

Banned
Went to play with the new iPhones in Apple Store.. apologies, in Apple.

The new home button is pretty poor. It's not like the MacBook fake button that actually feels like the read deal. This just feels same as force touching the screen anywhere would. I actually really hate that particualr vigration, it's so clunky.

Camera's seem ok, but not as phenomenal as I had imagined.

Not impressed. Will stick to my SE.

That's a shame. They nailed the feel on the macbook pro.

Any chance you can set the amount of feedback or force required in the settings somewhere?

Top Bottom