• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iPhone 7 | OT | Pre-order Sept 9, Available Sept 16

I got the Mattblack, I wonder how much darker it is than the Space grey... Im also hoping its not as slippery as the iphone 6 was, super stupid design to make it so damn slippery. Its like having a wet soap in your hand.

Enzom21

My card finally got charged last night and order changed to "Preparing for Shipment". I have no idea what that really means since my ship date still displays 9/23rd delivery.

It means you're getting it sometime next week. If you go to UPS tracking and enter your order number or telephone number, you should be able to find your tracking.

Akim

Banned
Pickup line, I thought I'd just get to walk right in.

I better not hear any crap with my extra stuff now; gonna return a watch band, return the phone to do iUP program and buy a watch.

lol

you wonder why the pickup line is so long

then you say how you want to do a bunch of extra crap through the pickup line

i think you found the problem

DrEvil

not a medical professional
finally got my icloud restore done.

WEBqlE3l.jpg

XJ0IXiZl.jpg

Home button is neat; I kind of like it (SETTING 3!), and the antenna line is nearly invisible on the matte black, so nice.

j-wood

I've never owned an iPhone. Always been an Android guy. But for some reason, I want to go to the Apple store and get a 7 to give it a try.

How do you do an iCloud backup? I'm trying to get my mom's phone ready, but there's no option to back up in iCloud settings.

Never mind. I'm dumb and didn't realize it had a app like icon.

I just received my shipment notification. It wasn't supposed to ship until next Friday so that's quite the surprise. Unfortunately, I am out next week because of travel. Hopefully it arrives tomorrow.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Really wish UPS delivered to my area first. Phone has been out for delivery for 3 hours now, I think they get here around evening. I did put the waiver on the door so they'd leave it if I happen to miss them.

Bullza2o

I thought my iPhone 7 Plus Matte Black 128GB would come today, but I'm not sure what's going on with T-Mobile. Oh well I just updated my 6S Plus to iOS 10, so it should entertain me while I wait.

Out 1

Matte black for sure. Looks better, less fingerprints.

thanks for the input guys.

turns out there was no decision to make: the store only had three 7's, and I was 6th in line. FYI they are receiving another shipment later this afternoon between 1pm and 4pm (again, just the regular model). it's T-Mobile in LA.

ZOONAMI

So I went to a tmobile store and they had a 7 128 gb but I couldn't get it because my jump on demand isn't active because of the note 7 recall. Now I have an EIP for a loaner s7, so the stores can't do anything. Called 611 and they said their backend would get me back on jump on demand once the replacement note 7s are in stock.

Wtf.

GeoNeo

I disagree.
Some things I noticed:

- decided to do a full factory reset on the phone. It took little time at all on 256GB 7 Plus compared to my 6 which would take long time.

- Still to this day I love reduce motion. The "fancy" animations of opening and closing and changing apps is annoying to me.

- This comparison between sRGB & P3 is really cool to witness on the screen :D https://webkit.org/blog-files/color-gamut/comparison.html

- Really loving Matte black ;D

br3wnor

Some things I noticed:

- Still to this day I love reduce motion. The "fancy" animations of opening and closing and changing apps is annoying to me.

I feel the same way, I was kind of annoyed that I can't use the iMessage 'effects' without turning the option off, my wife hasn't updated her phone yet so I haven't used them yet but I know I'm gonna want to but at the same time I hate the opening and closing animations for apps. Hate that I have to make that decision.

GeoNeo

I disagree.
I feel the same way, I was kind of annoyed that I can't use the iMessage 'effects' without turning the option off, my wife hasn't updated her phone yet so I haven't used them yet but I know I'm gonna want to but at the same time I hate the opening and closing animations for apps. Hate that I have to make that decision.

Pretty much every OS I use I make sure to reduce or eliminate these UI "pleasantries" which I really feel are outdated especially considering they were made to hide loading behind the scenes across OS's, but in the day & age of NvME drives and hell even SATA SSDs it's just a waste of time (imo).

Fliesen

at my desk setting it up now! it was scary driving to work from infinite loop without directions =x

5WWR4EX.jpg
is that dock really practical?

i have the 12south AppleWatch dock, but this looks kinda awkward.
did you get it with the intention of having your phone at similar viewing height as your monitor?

sangreal

did you get it with the intention of having your phone at similar viewing height as your monitor?

I had that dock on my 6+ and hated it after a few days. I have the black apple dock now and think it's much bettter

icespide

Banned

I don't love it honestly, I have the plain apple dock at home and like it more. I'm just too lazy to replace/return

Zutroy

My appointment was at 11am this morning. The upgrade program (UK) took so long that after two hours I had to leave for work. Now I have to try a new reservation at 6am tomorrow morning. Sucks!

knicks

the new home button feels the weirdest when double clicking

New home button is kind of awful. Sure, you'll get used to it, but it doesn't change the fact that clicking a button with a registered click is a lot better. I feel like they will return to the clickable home button next time.

New home button is kind of awful. Sure, you'll get used to it, but it doesn't change the fact that clicking a button with a registered click is a lot better. I feel like they will return to the clickable home button next time.

there won't be a home button next time.

icespide

Banned

nah there will be even less home button next year

Top Bottom