• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iPhone 7 | OT | Pre-order Sept 9, Available Sept 16

Fliesen

New home button is kind of awful. Sure, you'll get used to it, but it doesn't change the fact that clicking a button with a registered click is a lot better. I feel like they will return to the clickable home button next time.

i think Gruber posted a link of someone saying that, especially in Asia and South America, people are so scared of breaking their home button, they don't even begin using it, because they don't want the resale value of their device to go down. Clerks in their mobile phone stores actually activate "assistive touch" (the virtual on-screen home button) when setting up the phone for you.

i think Gruber posted a link of someone saying that, especially in Asia and South America, people are so scared of breaking their home button, they don't even begin using it, because they don't want the resale value of their device to go down. Clerks in their mobile phone stores actually activate "assistive touch" (the virtual on-screen home button) when setting up the phone for you.

Yeah, my father in law uses that. It's crazy to me but he loves it that way.

samn

New home button is kind of awful. Sure, you'll get used to it, but it doesn't change the fact that clicking a button with a registered click is a lot better. I feel like they will return to the clickable home button next time.

The home button is honestly one of the reasons why I switched away from androids to iPhones.

tommyguns

Does anyone know where we can find the new 'colorful blob' live wallpapers that they had in the press images at the announcement. I just got my 7 and I can not find them on the phone??

Anyone else?

Went to play with the new iPhones in Apple Store.. apologies, in Apple.

The new home button is pretty poor. It's not like the MacBook fake button that actually feels like the read deal. This just feels same as force touching the screen anywhere would. I actually really hate that particular vibration, it's so clunky.

Cameras seem ok, but not as phenomenal as I had imagined.

Not impressed. Will stick to my SE.

I disagree entirely. I've now had my phone for over 12 hours and have been using it extensively (it's now 5am Saturday here and I've been out all night, using my iPhone to scan peoples' tickets to an event) and I am already 99% comfortable with the new home button.

I did have to set it at Level 3 because 1-2 felt too light, but I've nearly forgotten already what it used to feel like.

-griffy-

Banned
Got that black 128GB 7. Had to wait about 20 minutes in the pick-up/reservation line at the Apple Store.
8bAsVUxh.jpg

NYR

Went to Best Buy to buy a new TV this morning, there was no line for the new phone, only 3 people at store open and one guy getting a new iPhone 6S. They got 20 units. Also saw live feed from the news that my Local Apple Store only had 15 people in line as well. Apple really bumbled supply this time. It's great they are all sold out, but it makes things like this happen:

FMZyrLT.gif

DOWN

Banned
Why can't I add a notification for NPR under the Apple News app?
There's an iOS 10 OT for more info, but basically it's up to NPR. NPR decided to feed content to the News app, but they are not feeding push notifications to the app. It's up to the content provider to push notifications as an option in News app.
Fucking UPS man. FedEx would've been here by now. Hate that fucking company.

-d0hv
Curious, why do you type that thing at the end of every post?

VertPin

Stop ending your post with a signature man, they're banned off of this site for a reason.

Anxiously waiting for my early October delivery.

FinKL

The hunt for a 7+ for store pick up is on!

Need to constantly refresh checkout as I don't see any inventory sites yet.

Jeffrey

went to the local apple store. was fairly uneventful there. there was the usual line of people picking up preorders but there was barely anyone inside playing around with the new phones. Bet more traffic tomorrow.

No jet black on display is lame though, because its pretty much the only version thats pimped everywhere for this phone, besides that... the phone feels like the last 2 years of phones besides the home button, that is a bit funky but got used to in a min.

Doesn't really feel any faster than my 6s+, which is expected at this point. 2x zoom is kinda cool.

They really shouldn't have named this the iphone '7' imo, although it doesn't really matter when they will probably drop the numbering next year.

ReAxion

Anyone not able to activate their phone? Tried like 100 times and just get "Your iPhone could not be activated"

On Verizon

sounds like what I suffered 2 years ago: activation servers are getting flattened by requests.

if that's the case, it's a hint about what kind of supply was available.

rubes7844

Banned
Fucking thing sucks. I struck out with the matte black 128 7+ so I settled for the silver. Ah well. Looks sharp with the saddle brown case 👍🏼

Dany

Banned
You pre-signed to have it dropped off?

Apparently ups just dropped it off at my door without knocking. I'm on the 4th floor of my building and (all) packages are delivered to the front desk. My bf just saw it as he was leaving our unit..

Regards,
dany

DOWN

Banned
This post is sassy and not understanding but I genuinely hope someone slaps me with a good storage breakdown:

256GB honestly sounds like a marker of an inefficient or resistant person who hates deleting their dozens of unused apps they might need one day and likes downloading all their movies 'just in case' and won't use clouds

So could someone tell me how one uses up 256GB? Like that's like you recording your dog in 4K for 25 hours straight and keeping it all and nobody needs that

robotrock

Banned
This post is sassy and not understanding but I genuinely hope someone slaps me with a good storage breakdown:

256GB honestly sounds like a marker of an inefficient or resistant person who hates deleting their dozens of unused apps they might need one day and likes downloading all their movies 'just in case' and won't use clouds

So could someone tell me how one uses up 256GB? Like that's like you recording your dog in 4K for 25 hours straight and keeping it all and nobody needs that
I listen to a wide range of music and would like to keep all of it on my phone.

My family was complaining about how much data I was using streaming from Apple Music every month, so I'm downloading my whole library which is about 65GB at the moment and likely to increase. I didn't want a full half of my total storage going to music, so I went with 256GB

inner-G

Banned

I record a lot of video, my 128GB 6+ is almost full.

I like to keep a lot of my clips saved instead of constantly 'cleaning the fridge'.

Spruchy

For me it's music. I'm constantly in areas where I cannot stream and I listen to a wide variety of music (I have 2gb left on my 128gb model and I actively keep it pruned of stuff I don't listen to). Now with 256gb I can be less selective with music and still keep all my apps.

Fliesen

I wouldn't know how to fill up a 256 GB phone either, but there's (there was) 500 gig iPods that people stored their entire music libraries on. or people who - when on travels - want to keep plenty of movies for the kids to watch.
Also, what you pay for in storage, often times you save from paying for in mobile data ...
To me, the 99ct iCloud tier dictates how big of an iPhone i need to get.
if my photos library can't exceed 40-50gigs, i don't need a phone bigger than 64 gig (a tier they dropped this gen)

Dany

Banned
I'm at my limit at 64gb. It is mostly pictures, music and messages. Though photos are optimized to be saved in the cloud. I bet the reason why someone goes for 256gb version is because they are an insane person that keeps their entire music library saved on their phone along with ensuring they have every picture they ever took. Madness.

Also, i'm starting it up as a new phone, not restoring from back up :D Thats the way you do it.

DOWN

Banned
I wouldn't know how to fill up a 256 GB phone either, but there's (there was) 500 gig iPods that people stored their entire music libraries on. or people who - when on travels - want to keep plenty of movies for the kids to watch.
Also, what you pay for in storage, often times you save from paying for in mobile data ...
To me, the 99ct iCloud tier dictates how big of an iPhone i need to get.
if my photos library can't exceed 40-50gigs, i don't need a phone bigger than 64 gig (a tier they dropped this gen)
I mean, 200GB in iCloud is like $35.99 a year. Cheaper than worrying about 100GB of photos taking up phone space and paying $100 for more phone storage (of course there's nuance to phone values, length of ownership, etc.)

Top Bottom