• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iPhone 7 | OT | Pre-order Sept 9, Available Sept 16

29431242270_3ec2452042_c.jpg

256 Gold Plus, done and dusted! Pretty painless process getting it after work, but apparently the Apple Store in the morning had wait times of up to 4 hours because the Barclays system was getting wrecked with new upgrade program just being launched here in the UK.

lmao if you aren't using a black iPhone
F you! :p

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
AirPods looking more tempting, confirmed they can pair with any Bluetooth device and microphones are apparently solid. I love the fit of the EarPods, they're perfect for me. I can't use any buds with the mushy rubber ends so that rules out most wireless ear bud options for me straight away. Big headphones give me headaches if they're not super light and comfortable.
Yeah, that's me. I hate the mushy rubber types of earphones and that's what bluetooth in-ear sets usually come with. I already use a pair of bluetooth sony headphones at home, but I don't find it comfortable to use big headphones while walking outside.

I'm looking forward more and more to the airpods, it's exactly what I was waiting for since the shape of the earpods is perfect for me. The charging case is pretty sweet too. Price is whatever, everything is fucking expensive where I live. I hope they review well in real-world daily use.

I really wish there were demo units of the airpods because damn, gotta admit that their sculpting usually sucks for my ears. Pretty much a lock for PowerBeats 3 at this point.

icespide

Banned
I really wish there were demo units of the airpods because damn, gotta admit that their sculpting usually sucks for my ears. Pretty much a lock for PowerBeats 3 at this point.

there probably will be some kind of demo for airpods available when you can actually buy airpods in late october. I hope they clean them though

I assume like anything else from Apple you'd have 14 days to return them. Worst case you could buy them, demo them at home for a bit, and then return them if you don't like them.

Ninja Dom

I mean, 200GB in iCloud is like $35.99 a year. Cheaper than worrying about 100GB of photos taking up phone space and paying $100 for more phone storage (of course there's nuance to phone values, length of ownership, etc.)

What about if you travel? Data roaming is expensive. Just stick your entire library on the iPhone and not worry.

Fliesen

I mean, 200GB in iCloud is like $35.99 a year. Cheaper than worrying about 100GB of photos taking up phone space and paying $100 for more phone storage (of course there's nuance to phone values, length of ownership, etc.)

don't forget about the data transfers

yeah, but that means you need to set your phone to "optimize iPhone storage" and then you'll be somewhere with shitty coverage and you wanna show someone a pic, and the full res version doesn't wanna load.

Also, then you phone will constantly flush photos and videos and reload them when you wanna look / send / work with them, consuming valuable mobile data.

if you store 200 gigs of shit in your iCloud, at a 5gig / month data cap, it would literally take you almost 4 years to access all of it at least once.

icespide

Banned
btw I played with a jet black model in the store. I got the impression that it will definitely scratch but it will all be mostly hairline small scratches. I think the actual phone will hold up pretty well.

DOWN

Banned
guys how is that new home button?
Everyone agrees it doesn't feel like a button so it takes a minute to get used to why it looks like a button still and essentially the bottom third of the phone screen feels like it clicks I guess from my understanding

But that means it will feel perfect (if rumors are true) when they get rid of the button look and the whole front of the phone is a screen where you do indeed click and touch the screen for TouchID anywhere on the bottom third of the phone

All done, iUP set up. Kept running into an issue since I have T-Mobile so we called them and the rep tried to get me to sign up for T-Mobile one, I'm like no I'm doing iUP and staying with my current plan.

The 7 is really light coming from the 6S.

ASTROID2

Slow ass UPS. It's not gonna make it before I gotta go to work. At least I'll be able to enjoy it when I get home at like midnight. :(

ido

I'm waiting for those everyday use speed tests... so far this is about the only one I can find that's decent. Surprisingly 6S in use is... faster? At least most of the time, it seems. That's weird. I remember the speed tests going from 6>6S and there was a pretty definite difference, but I could be wrong.

Want to see a SE vs. 7 speed test.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmZK7sL94KE

neurosyphilis

Definitely not an STD, as I'm a pure.
Slow ass UPS. It's not gonna make it before I gotta go to work. At least I'll be able to enjoy it when I get home at like midnight. :(

They're truly a horrible service. I saw FedEx driving around my neighborhood at around 12pm. Meanwhile UPS probably won't get here for another 3 or 4 hours.

teddymeow

I pre-ordered on 9th September with Vodafone in the UK.

Was guaranteed that it'd arrive for 16th. Double checked this again on Wednesday to be told "yep, no probs".

Got a text this morning at stupid o'clock saying "duh, we've got stock problems".

Went into town and spoke to somebody in a Vodafone store and they said 4-6 weeks minimum.

Called Vodafone "customer services" and cancelled. Absolute joke. Don't guarantee something if you can't deliver.

I'll cancel my contract next month and switch networks.

Vyer

Checking around carrier stores today is as expected. It seems like the standard black plus is the unicorn.

Not sure what that makes the jet black.

Man, the same thing happened with the Apple Watch. Got burned twice now. Woke up at 3am to ensure I'd get my Apple Watch day of release, and what happens, UPS shenanigans and I get it on the following Monday.

To be fair there was a Super Typhoon in the general area that was delaying a lot of units.

Fliesen

Underrated posts.

I feel sorry for anyone who has Wifi data caps. Also, very rarely/never is someone trying to access it all at once.

it's not about all at once. Still - some people prefer to pay a little bit extra (what's 100 bucks over 2 years, anyways) for that peace of mind not to ever run into a situation where they're stuck in the middle of nowhere not having access to a certain song / video / photo / movie.

ReAxion

@marcoarment
If you didn’t buy Jet Black… don’t handle the Jet Black. It’ll ruin you.

@marcoarment
It’s not that Jet Black looks better. It’ll look like hell after any amount of use. But it just *feels* so much better.

damn it marco!

lol ^^^^^

Top Bottom