• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iPhone 7 | OT | Pre-order Sept 9, Available Sept 16

I know it's the same display tech as the 6s, but the screen on the 7 is gorgeous. I don't know if it's the wide gamut color support, but tones look richer, more saturated and yet more defined edges. Maybe it's just placebo but I'll keep taking the pills.

samn

If I do a 2x digital zoom/crop on the non-Plus 12MP camera, to the equivalent size/perspective of a 2x optical zoom, is the resulting image 6MP?

If so I'm happier about going non-Plus. 6MP is more than enough for me

Dany

Banned
Weird, all of my phones buttons are unresponsive.

Any of you guys noticing a slight stutter on the animation of exiting apps? 7+

Opening iMovie, GarageBand, or keynote results in crashes for me

uh oh
SoreSolidKodiakbear-size_restricted.gif

sangreal

woohoo, UPS finally showed up w/ my black 7+. Huge relief as my 6+ is literally unusable w/ the touch controller issue. Driver had jokes about waiting all day :-|

I did restore from backup...photos are all here.

Restore from a backup from your Mac, or iCloud? Mac backups don't save the apps anymore since iOS 9, ever since they introduced app slicing to reduce download sizes. I restore from a backup on my Mac, but all the apps still download from Apple's servers.

samn

I don't agree if he's making the statement of raw quality.

In context it's clearer he means that the iPhone has a fancier zoom but the S7 produces better quality images.

Verdict: The iPhone 7 camera is a significant improvement over the 6S. And the telephoto lens is a very nice feature that has been a long time coming to phones. But the Galaxy S7 still comes out on top on raw quality.

Dinokill

So I decided to cancel my 7+ matte black and bought a 7 matte black from my nearest att store. I'll just wait for the next iteration to go big. I was talked into buying a wireless beat solo headphones for $200. Was a good deal for the wireless headphone? Should I return mine back? I know gaf hates Beats and now I'm having second thoughts...

Just finished setting up my mom's phone. I don't know what all the hoopla I read around the web was about, but I really like the home button. I honestly think I like it more than the old clickable one because this one is easier to press repeatedly and it just feels easier to press overall. Same with the whole "Press home button to unlock" thing.

Draper

Restore from a backup from your Mac, or iCloud? Mac backups don't save the apps anymore since iOS 9, ever since they introduced app slicing to reduce download sizes. I restore from a backup on my Mac, but all the apps still download from Apple's servers.

I'm restoring from a backup on my 6s.

giga

It wasn't capitalised and anyone with any sense would understand what he's talking about.
Haha you don't need to capitalize raw.

Anyway we're arguing semantics here. The point is I value raw photo tests far more than any jpeg ones because the data I've gotten from my 6s raws have blown away the jpegs.

toohectic

So I decided to cancel my 7+ matte black and bought a 7 matte black from my nearest att store. I'll just wait for the next iteration to go big. I was talked into buying a wireless beat solo headphones for $200. Was a good deal for the wireless headphone? Should I return mine back? I know gaf hates Beats and now I'm having second thoughts...

I have not tried Beats recently, but I was under the impression that the recent generation Beats headphones have a much more impressive, well rounded sound than the older bass heavy Beats. Build quality may be a different story, but their sound has seemingly improved.

I feel like for $200 there aren't a lot of options and they probably aren't a bad deal. It's worth noting if they were the Beats Solo2's then they were on sale for $150 back in July and that appears to be the lowest price on them.

-griffy-

Banned
Huh...none of my apps transferred over.

When I set up the new phone, it had to install 10.0.1 first, which did a full install of that OS. Then I had to do a full reset of the phone, erasing all content and settings, and during the set-up phase it could then restore from my iCloud backup.

SuperPac

Very surprised by the new home button. I'd been prepared for disappointment from the various reports, but damn - it's nice! Feels much better than force touch on the watch, for instance - instant response, feels like clicking the bottom of the phone and maybe not a button alone but it feels good!

*click* *click*

Draper

When I set up the new phone, it had to install 10.0.1 first, which did a full install of that OS. Then I had to do a full reset of the phone, erasing all content and settings, and during the set-up phase it could then restore from my iCloud backup.

Yep, that did the trick. What an odd oversight.

Kahoona

Anybody having trouble activating on Verizon? I confirm my phone number and then I get a prompt that just says "We're sorry. There was a problem completing your activation."

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
Anybody having trouble activating on Verizon? I confirm my phone number and then I get a prompt that just says "We're sorry. There was a problem completing your activation."

Check a few posts above you. I've gotten as far as the SSN input but haven't been able to activate.

FFgamer20

Banned
Kind of glad the impressions on the iphone 7 is positive. My phone somewhat got damaged earlier this week and I ordered the 7. Getting it Tuesday.

ReAxion

searching twitter for "verizon, activation" - lots of people are having this problem it seems. Verizon activation servers getting slammed with phones. God I hope this doesn't happen to me again (AT&T).

e: at least one person said VZN, ATT, and TMO all went down at some point earlier today.

e2: @VZWSupport is fucking flying. Looks like they're helping people directly via DM.

Very surprised by the new home button. I'd been prepared for disappointment from the various reports, but damn - it's nice! Feels much better than force touch on the watch, for instance - instant response, feels like clicking the bottom of the phone and maybe not a button alone but it feels good!

*click* *click*
Yeah, I've enjoyed it a lot more than expected. Have it on setting 3 as it feels more like I'm getting a response from the "button" itself.

Coming from a 6+, this thing is wicked responsive. :D

Pixels

Is there any way to completely turn of Voice Control? I can turn off Siri but that Voice Control thing pops up still when I hold down the home button.

Top Bottom