• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iPhone 7 | OT | Pre-order Sept 9, Available Sept 16

Vyer

Friend on his Facebook has a video of someone spinning around a jet black. I don't know if it's his.

it's making me doubt my matte preorder, my choices in life, my very existence to this point

ZOONAMI

BusinessInsider saying the S7 still has the superior camera:

http://uk.businessinsider.com/apple-iphone-7-plus-galaxy-s7-camera-comparison-2016-9?r=US&IR=T

Doesn't look like they accounted for wide gamut though.

Sweet. Think I will just end up swapping my defective Note 7 (it hasn't actually started on fire, but I shut it down and have a loaner S7) then instead of getting a 7 plus. I'm on Jump on demand though so I'll be tempted to pick up a v20, or potentially a Google Pixel if they bring them to the carrier stores. I'm pretty heavily invested in Google stuff (music) and have a moto 360 and gear fit 2, so I think it's for the best.

This post is sassy and not understanding but I genuinely hope someone slaps me with a good storage breakdown:

256GB honestly sounds like a marker of an inefficient or resistant person who hates deleting their dozens of unused apps they might need one day and likes downloading all their movies 'just in case' and won't use clouds

So could someone tell me how one uses up 256GB? Like that's like you recording your dog in 4K for 25 hours straight and keeping it all and nobody needs that

I've got over 200GBs of music. I'll likely only fill up 100 GB or so, and leave most of the stuff I very rarely listen to for home. But it's nice to have the entire discography of Wilco and Miles Davis, instead of picking two or three of your favorite albums to make room for the lesser known ones.

Rootbeer

Banned
Took a while to migrate everything. Getting a new phone is a big hassle!

And then when i put in my SIM T-Mobile didn't want to let me use WiFi Calling for a while. But they seemed to fix it after I called them, don't know what the issue was.

So far so good.

icespide

Banned
anyone else who traded in their phone with IUP get charged first payment + tax but also see a pending refund for the same amount on their card? starting to get worried my whole loan situation might get screwed up

robotrock

Banned
Hm nope, it looks the same as the 6s animations. Are you still having problems after the restore?

I set up this phone as a fresh install, didn't restore a backup from my 6 or anything. But, I did just reset the whole thing, and that deleted the apps like pages, keynote, iMovie, and garageband.

Animation still stutters a bit.

ZOONAMI

Jet Black 128GB iPhone 7 arrived. This thing is tiny coming from a 6S Plus.

I was tempted to go with that today as they had one at the t-mobile store I went to but decided not to. I don't think I would like it coming from a Note 7 and other Android phones. Haven't had an Iphone since the 4s.

Ashhong

Girlfriend missed her delivery from FedEx and now has to wait until Monday for redelivery. What bullshit. People have work!

DOWN

Banned
New home button is awesome. I think people's mistake is thinking it would be a simulated button imitating the previous home button. It actually feels like you are clicking in the lower half of the phone as if the glass is a trackpad. So it's that convincing trackpad click, but applied to the lower glass, like the old real click trackpads felt. Think of the TouchID circle as your press point, but not as a button anymore. It's where you push to make the glass click down and it feels great to me

nd5kXQBl.jpg

Karish

New home button is awesome. I think people's mistake is thinking it would be a simulated button imitating the previous home button. It actually feels like you are clicking in the lower half of the phone as if the glass is a trackpad. So it's that convincing trackpad click, but applied to the lower glass, like the old real click trackpads felt. Think of the TouchID circle as your press point, but not as a button anymore. It's where you push to make the glass click down and it feels great to me

nd5kXQBl.jpg

I love it but would be cool if you could activate from the area around the circle and not just the circle. Maybe that can come via software update

Nori Chan

I'm having a nightmarish beginning with trying to backup my phone. I can't restore from back up because iTunes isn't fully updates 12.5, but for some reason, I can't get the download to start...any help? macbook pro

Edit: Huh, guess it's starting to download from the safari browser now...weird

BearPawB

Banned
My home button Taptic feedback seemed to stop working

Like even in the settings menu I feel nothing.

Edit: did a hard reset and it fixed it when a turn off/turn on did not. Weird

Double edit: it stopped working again

DOWN

Banned
I feel like Apple is king of phone speakers. Like an Apple speaker starting with iPhone 6 was surprisingly loud for phones, and now they've done it again and improved the direction. You can argue about placement of the speaker, but the size of the sound is so impressive.

I feel like Apple is king of phone speakers. Like an Apple speaker starting with iPhone 6 was surprisingly loud for phones, and now they've done it again and improved the direction. You can argue about placement of the speaker, but the size of the sound is so impressive.

Needs more bass.

So I decided to cancel my 7+ matte black and bought a 7 matte black from my nearest att store. I'll just wait for the next iteration to go big. I was talked into buying a wireless beat solo headphones for $200. Was a good deal for the wireless headphone? Should I return mine back? I know gaf hates Beats and now I'm having second thoughts...

Get BeoPlay instead. Far superior audio quality.

toohectic

Girlfriend missed her delivery from FedEx and now has to wait until Monday for redelivery. What bullshit. People have work!

See where her local warehouse/depot is. They likely have an after hours pickup window that will allow her to get the phone tonight. They should have info about it on the back of the slip left at her door.

Jeffrey

New phone speakers are decent but not as good as HTC 10 and axon 7 from what I can tell.

Any reviews do specific tests for comparison?

Is anyone else seeing incomplete restores of their apps? Several older synths are straight up missing. Shin Megami Tensei 1 is gone also. If they've wiped my save file....

TwIsTeD

After playing with a 7 Plus at Best Buy and reading some of the posts here I might have the "courage" to cancel my order and just keep my 6 Plus until the next cycle.

But...the next time my 6 Plus locks up i`ll regret that decision - maybe i`ll go find a cheap 6S Plus lol

Love the new Home button as well. Read a lot of negative reaction to it and it just feels solid. The Taptic Engine does a great job of jolting a pinpoint click when you apply the same pressure as the standard button. Makes me excited when it just becomes part of the screen and relays the same feedback.

The black finish is great and applies all across the speaker grills. Everything also feels really fast with the A10 Fusion and iOS 10.

I know it's the same display tech as the 6s, but the screen on the 7 is gorgeous. I don't know if it's the wide gamut color support, but tones look richer, more saturated and yet more defined edges. Maybe it's just placebo but I'll keep taking the pills.

Noticed that straight away. Even though the resolution is the same vs the 6, there seems to be improved edge definition or something. The colors ( especially reds and skin tones) are also deeper and richer. The phone definitely seems to have a warmer tint than the 6 overall. Kind of like moving from the 4 to the 5 tho not as dramatic.

Top Bottom