• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iPhone 7 | OT | Pre-order Sept 9, Available Sept 16

From what I've read you can go in and get them to change whatever you want. I'm curious how soon they'll change the requirements and actually have you confirm you're in the upgrade program before allowing a reservation.

Well I registered a 7 plus for Verizon even though I don't have Verizon. Hopefully it goes well when I go in.

I just realized how dumb this sounds, because if you're covering the lens, there won't be any light period.

From what I heard, when it shoots pictures it uses both lenses and kinda mixes in both. Dual image fusion. If it knows one lens is blocked it defaults back to the other

Phone shipped this morning. Arrives Tuesday. Very excited. Gonna be fun.

I just hate restoring from backup on a new phone. Crap always getting wonky.

Sean

Banned

Thanks, unfortunately the TwelveSouth one won't fit until since it's not been updated for the 7 yet as far as I can tell (camera cutout is not big enough). And the Otterbox one isn't out for a few more weeks. Doesn't seem like there's many options for this kind of case currently.

I bought her the Apple silicone case in the meantime and was going to get a screen protector to cover the front, but literally every review of iPhone 7 screen protectors I've read (even the "Belkin InvisiGlass" ones sold in Apple Stores) say they don't fit properly and don't cover the entire screen. Weird.

sangreal

From what I heard, when it shoots pictures it uses both lenses and kinda mixes in both. Dual image fusion. If it knows one lens is blocked it defaults back to the other

nah, whether you block the lens or not the image comes out exactly the same. all it's doing is using digital zoom on the wide angle lens

DOWN

Banned
Phone shipped this morning. Arrives Tuesday. Very excited. Gonna be fun.

I just hate restoring from backup on a new phone. Crap always getting wonky.
Really? I set up my 7 Plus from backup and it's flawless. I'm glad I did it because it's super convenient to not setup every app all over again.

GeoNeo

I disagree.
Seen this posted on another forum Jet-black v Black in Apple store:

http://imgur.com/QA1iVRY

http://imgur.com/klEwWFu

http://imgur.com/AqnB0YY

Edit:

Then do the right thing, the thing I always do, and set up as new whenever you move to a new phone

Yeah I did the same after doing a first off restore finding some "wonkey" stuff got rid of Apps I hardly even use anyway. Also, I did NOT install shitty Facebook App just access it via Safari now much better! I don't even use FB that much (prefer twitter), so just adding bookmark to my home screen is fine by me lol. I still installed messenger App though.

giga

Seen this posted on another forum Jet-black v Black in Apple store:

http://imgur.com/QA1iVRY

http://imgur.com/klEwWFu

http://imgur.com/AqnB0YY

Edit:

Yeah I did the same got rid of Apps I hardly even use anyway. Also, I did NOT install shitty Facebook App just access it via Safari now could not be happier! I don't even use FB that much (prefer twitter), so just adding bookmark to my home screen is fine by me lol. I still installed messenger App though.

the jet black has more character, even if it may be more impractical.

the jet black has more character, even if it may be more impractical.

Takes maximum courage.

I'm still torn. Jet black is shinier/sexier but I like the matte black murdered out look.

I held the normal 7 and I kind of want to go smaller but I know in normal use I want the bigger screen to make it easier to read at a glance

finalflame

Some pictures I took of my matte black 7:

9I2Grgj.jpg

QQMe0Tp.jpg

foXUG2V.jpg

nYD6aGt.jpg

r78uY7v.jpg

LtlzbLU.jpg

So this is a REALLY specific issue but I'll give it a shot:

I use HomeKit stuff with the new Home app and location-based stuff to turn on and off lights when I arrive and leave and whatnot. I set up my new phone as new and all my home settings came back from iCloud, but my automation doesn't work. The app sees my AppleTV as a base, the automations are set up, the phone is using my location for HomeKit, but the lights aren't responding when I arrive and leave and they did on my 6S

I'm not opposed to deleting my home and starting over but I'd like to avoid it if anyone has an idea

badb0y

Anyone play Titan Quest on the iPhone 7? The performance was subpar on my i6S+ and I wanted to know how it runs on the new phones.

btkadams

I use HomeKit stuff with the new Home app and location-based stuff to turn on and off lights when I arrive and leave and whatnot. I set up my new phone as new and all my home settings came back from iCloud, but my automation doesn't work. The app sees my AppleTV as a base, the automations are set up, the phone is using my location for HomeKit, but the lights aren't responding when I arrive and leave and they did on my 6S

I'm not opposed to deleting my home and starting over but I'd like to avoid it if anyone has an idea
Which Apple TV you have? 4th gen with Siri remote? I believe iOS 10 broke homekit automation with 3rd gen Apple TV.

Nilaul

Hows the camera? From what I've seen it doesn't seem to be as good the newest Samsung Note? How is everyone's experience?

no angel

I had a similar problem after my iCloud restore but after I accessed each item via the Phillips Hue and Samsung SmartThings apps they then stared working in the HomeKit control centre. Might be worth a go?

Well after 8 days of Citizen's One leaving me in limbo with the iPhone Upgrade Program, they finally called and said I can go ahead and proceed with my order. Apple of course has no record of my original order that I made on 9/9, so now I have to move to the back of the line. iPhone 7 Plus matte black 128gb supposed to arrive between 10/12 and 10/18.

Also the iPhone sales lady said that the phone is locked to the carrier (AT&T in my case). I thought that part of the iUP program benefit is that the phones were unlocked and you could switch carriers at will?

jrDev

So has anyone here upgraded with Tmobiles promotion for $120 month without paying installments? I'm trying to understand the promo, do I actually pay for both my wife and my line for just $120 plus tax or are their extra fees?

icespide

Banned
I always keep my phone face down without a case. No problems.
but what about that one time you went to the beach and some how a piece of sand or rock flew onto your nightstand and you lift your face down phone from the nightstand and SCRAAAAAAATCH. that's what i'm worried about

Fuck my life.

Was just checking my.t-mobile.com and I realized the regular iPhone 7 model and not the Plus. I'm not sure where the confusion could have been, as they had the very same model that she ordered in store. I'm just seething with rage right now. On hold with customer service right now. Looks like I'm going to have to wait even longer :/

Top Bottom