• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Iron Giant Collector's Edition Blu-ray announced

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure I like that. I enjoyed the ambiguity about his origin and precise purpose.

Right, I know it's something the wanted to do originally, but the movie works better without it.

I also feel like the Dean flirting scene causes more problems than it helps.

AP90

Darn it! Just purchased this movie on vudu about 2 weeks ago =/.

The same thing with idioacracy as they were not available on bluray.

JLynn

It'd be neat if the UK gets this but I doubt it.

Hope we get a regular BD at least.

If not you can import it. Warner rarely region blocks its blurays (Planning on getting the Italian version of the Batman TV bluray which is a copy and paste of the more expensive US set).

EDIT: Beaten like eggs. I'm glad it's being preserved on Bluray nonetheless. Looking forward to hearing the Brad Bird commentary.

870817-phantasm.jpg

Soon.

I wish. It should be this + The Animated Series in a big ass boxset.

Lazulic

There were only 2 new scenes added to the Signature Edition:

They show Dean having that date with Annie at the diner that would plant the seed of their future relationship.
The Giant's true purpose for why he was made and sent to Earth is revealed through a trippy dream sequence.

They were both short and ok although not really needed to be honest.

saw the rerelease in theaters and can see why they were cut. first one is a dull interaction and feels shoved in, the second one is just strange and doesn't fit, having no real payoff in the end for all these concepts they introduce. sure it hints at
his military purpose, but his backstory never mattered that much.

Charcoal

The Iron Giant is my favorite movie ever, even more so after the theatrical re-release. Pre-ordered the collector's edition and super excited for the documentary.

The doc is why the blu-ray got held up, so it's nice that it's finally coming.

my amazon order for this is fucked up

earlier today it said "not yet shipped" "expected delivery today by 8 PM

now:
Ordered
Mar 28
Expected to ship
Sep 9
Arriving Tue, Sep 13

now I kinda want to just preorder the nice artbook and get the 10 dollar bluray instead.

I casually preordered this when I saw this thread months ago. I was surprised when I got an Amazon package at 10am.

"Oh yeah, I bought this"

I remember getting this on vhs when my family had recently moved to the USA. Such a great movie. Started my love of giant robots in general, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom