• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IronGAF Cookoff (hosted by OnkelC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnkelC

Hail to the Chef
Ok so a few weeks ago I'd asked Onkel for some advice as to what would be required for advice on how to furnish a student apartment's kitchen and I thought it wise to provide an update on the progress.

So far the kitchen consists of:

One swivel potato peeler, one tweezers (or a tweezer-like thing for meet, I forgot the name), a scissors, a broken chef's knife taken from my house, a large knife, a bread knife, a corkscrew opener, a bottle opener, four spoons with plastic handles (one not visible as I had been using it), two butter knives with plastic handles, two stainless steel knives, two stainless steel buter knives, a stainless steel fork (there is a second on the draining board but I can't remember if it's mine or one of my roommates' and they're not hear to ask them), four small spoons, five large spoons, a pizza slicer, a potato masher, a non-stick 28cm stainless steel pan, a 1 litre stainless steel pot and lid, a 3 litre stainless steel pot and lid, and a five litre stainless steel pot and lid (the pots and pan are an IKEA 365+ seven piece set). I've a thermometer as well which I forgot to include.

A Tefal induction hob (couldn't afford a second)

A Delta Toaster Oven (which is terrible even for €25 but it'll do for what I need it for)

And then these which came in the apartment:

A Russel Hobb toaster and kettle, a microwave, and four absolutely revoltingly disgusting and worn hobs which appear to have never been washed or cleaned that I have absolutely no intention of touching, let alone using, ever.

So with that brief rundown out of the way, with the equipment I have, does anybody have any recommendations as to what things I can very cheaply make? Currently I have a loaf of bread, butter, a bag of Rooster Potatoes, ten steaks, ten chicken fillets, and five pre-breaded chicken, sugar, black pepper, white pepper, Special K, milk, gravy and pepper sauce, cooking oil, a bag of rice that I got for free, and a loaf of homemade brown bread. I can last for about a month on these and, given that I take the meat from home, it provides some incredibly cheap meals (as I don't need to pay for the meat due to a familial connection, so a meal is the cost of a bag of potatoes divided by the number of potatoes after it has been divided by three roughly). My only real issue is that this has been my diet, more or less, for years, so I would really like to introduce more diversity into my diet in an affordable manner, if possible, but don't know where to start or what's actually nice. Another issue is that I've never used an induction hob before, so it's really throwing off all of my times. How long should I put a fillet steak on the hob for it to be medium rare, and on what setting? What about chicken fillets as normally I'd do them in an oven?

Another concern I have is more related to the cleaning aspect. I've had another cheap pan (red on the outside, with a metal lining thing on the bottom, and a white interior of what looks like ceramic material; I think it's this http://www.kmart.com/sandra-by-sandra-lee-red-8-inch-ceramic/p-011W005578058001P#desc but I'm not certain) that I was given by my grandmother but after cooking some (cheap) sausages, the centre of the pan is coated in a somewhat brown-ish layer and despite hours of scrubbing with steel wool and abrasive sponges in addition to three hours soaking in warm water full of washing up liquid, it simply is not coming off and it looks bad, particularly when after receiving it the centre was perfectly clear. What's the best way to ensure cookware is kept in a pristine condition when washing by hand (I haven't found 'baking soda' in any local stores; I'm in Ireland if that would affect the availability of the material), what do burns appear like versus simple grime, is it safe to use any material on an induction hob provided the base is magnetic (which is the only test I'd been doing until I purchased the IKEA equipment, which I'm apprehensive about using after this), and how do I adapt recipes so that they apply to an induction hob rather than a gas or ceramic one?

I've made steak with roast potatoes (done pathetically through the useless toaster oven, which took almost an hour and a half to properly roast them and even then they weren't remotely as tasty as they usually are) and intended to take a picture pior to eating, but there really wasn't much point as the steak wasn't cooked as well as I would have wanted (I was unprepared for just how quickly they cook due to an induction hob versus a ceramic hob).

Anyway I just want to extend my gratitude for this thread in providing me with some ideas from just browsing through it already, helping with the compilation of kitchen materials, and constantly making me very hungry.

Thanks for sharing!

I miss the old-fashioned hobs, always enjoyed cooking on them. Induction hobs are basically the same, but they heat and cool down much faster than electric ones. So, when heating a skillet (test it with the ruined red one), try putting the butter in the cold skillet, then turn on the induction. should give you an idea on how fast the hob works.

the cheap red skillet is most probably ruined by now, but you could try to fill it with water, add four tablespoons of washing powder (the stuff for washing clothes) and let it boil for a few minutes, then try cleaning it again with a sponge.

As for recipes, The first post in this thread has two links to the first cooking threads. I posted several recipes with pics of the preparation steps, should give you an idea or two for a few basics :).

Please keep us posted about your progress!

OnkelC

Hail to the Chef
Made a really tall layer cake with white and dark chocolates:

http://i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv358/gbuczek/5DB65C20-C579-487B-A339-E1D9EC2239C7_zpsnyrq8rs0.jpg[IMG]

And sliced:

[IMG]http://i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv358/gbuczek/03AAC47E-C7F8-4A97-98C6-839F3E90FCCC_zpsqldpknbn.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Perfection! Would have a slice of that right now!

thespot84

i'm participating in a turducken themed party, and I have to bring dessert. so something that is food inside of food (preferably inside more food) any ideas?

quick sweet and sour buckwheat soba noodles with sesame-crusted tofu for dinner last night

IMG_2180_zpse169b716.jpg

Made a really tall layer cake with white and dark chocolates:

03AAC47E-C7F8-4A97-98C6-839F3E90FCCC_zpsqldpknbn.jpg

Tofu sauteed and stir fried in coconut oil with the usual savories, brussel sprouts, mushrooms. Over rice with a fresh cilantro garnish. This was... really... good. Really good.

tofu-sprouts-cilantro.jpg

Based off a recipe in Ottolenghi's Plenty.

Damn all of these look so damn good.

Made a chorizo and plablano pepper quesadilla with tomatillo salsa

iyi3LXc0Y972d.JPG

iiJk5Pmdq246v.jpg

I really need to break my tripod out so this pics come out more clearly

I love poblanos; roasted, stuffed with cheddar and cotija and steamed over parsley rice so it all melts nicely. Mmm. Your pics have me seriously jones-ing, nice work.

zbarron

i'm participating in a turducken themed party, and I have to bring dessert. so something that is food inside of food (preferably inside more food) any ideas?

It's a bit of work but Baked Alaska comes to mind.
fn_ron-ben-israel-bazxxjp.jpeg

If you don't have access to an oven wherever you are going you can finish it off with a torch. Who doesn't like playing with a torch?

I love poblanos; roasted, stuffed with cheddar and cotija and steamed over parsley rice so it all melts nicely. Mmm. Your pics have me seriously jones-ing, nice work.

I love those things and try to keep a free roasted and skinned at all times. Definitely my favorite pepper.

Damn I butchered the spelling of poblano lol

That looks great. What else is in your tomatillo salsa? It looks like avocado?
Thanks! I didn't put any avocado, but there is green tomato and a small bit of sour cream in there. That sounds good though. I'm gonna try it.

zbarron

I made a pumpkin soup for lunch. It tastes amazing but I wish it was more orange than yellow. It might be the tumeric that made it so yellow. I used a roasted pie pumpkin.

15005195790_04eb6ced59_h.jpg

Isn't Irish soda bread a thing? Or is it one of those weirdly named foods that is not actually Irish and/or doesn't really use baking soda?

My understanding is that it does use baking soda, but I cannot find anything actually labelled as 'baking soda' in the few local shops (I don't know my way around the city so can't stray too far to go looking).

Also, the layer cake looks absolutely fantastic.

My understanding is that it does use baking soda, but I cannot find anything actually labelled as 'baking soda' in the few local shops (I don't know my way around the city so can't stray too far to go looking).

Also, the layer cake looks absolutely fantastic.

Baking soda is also known as sodium bicarbonate or bicarb soda. Maybe it's under those names?

zbarron

Everything about that, from the presentation to the lighting, is incredibly perfect. Damn.

Thank you. I've had a busy day in the kitchen today. After I made the soup I roated the seeds:
15007111959_7b3cfba82c_c.jpg

And then made a chili with ground meat I needed to cook:
15170859236_20d34fd694_h.jpg

That's Sonic in the corner with a hotdog, begging for some.

Yes Boss!

Looks amazing man. Care to share the Recipe?

No real recipe. Just kinda made it up as I went. Though I did use the acetate cake technique from the Milk Bar cookbook. No acetate on hand so I just used office document protectors with painter's tape instead. Cookbook is seen in a post at the top of this page.

4B014526-5228-4172-A024-795D87AE981C_zps3s0f15mw.jpg

Today I made Dal Makhani but instead up using fresh green chilis blended one Trinidad Scorpion chili with the tomotoes and then cooked as normal. Holy shit was it hot. Like extraordinary HOT. So, so hot...even with the cream and butter.

433207CF-206A-446B-A2F1-88F504D03F11_zps2tk4ldqe.jpg

F7CB95C3-11B4-4067-A640-FD76CB96D87B_zps0slhx5gf.jpg

le-seb

Your pictures look so nice, I'm jealous (and that cake looks good, oh my!).

Summer has finally arrived here, and yes, it's about time!
However, this gave me some desire to eat some grilled veggies and beef.
And what about trying to make this sauce the region I'm living in for almost ten years now is giving its name to?

Here comes the Béarnaise sauce:

In case you've never heard of it, it's made from shallots, tarragon, chervil and black pepper infused in white wine and vinegar.
This infusion is reduced, left cooling until it's just warm, an egg yolk is added and whipped to make a sabayon.
And finally, butter is slowly added into this.

It goes really well with beef and fishes.

I'm pretty happy with the result, although I was a bit heavy handed with the vinegar, and passed on chervil because I hadn't any at disposal.

It's not even too tiresome to make if you take some short-cuts with the original recipe (e.g. I'm using plain butter rather than clarified one, and worked from my raw base instead of getting it through the strainer first; yes, I'm lazy).

Best thing is it's super tasty.

Edit : let's try with some fish and sun light

thespot84

_57ylu2i.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/KitchenAid-Pro-450-Series-4-5-Quart-Bowl-Lift-Stand-Mixer/121432498718?pt=Small_Kitchen_Appliances_US&hash=item1c45f0e21e

I just bought one of these. It was a really good deal and should hopefully save some time and possibly money in the kitchen. Anyone here have one and have any advice, or tips on things that worked well with them? I've only used a stand mixer once in my life to make whipped butter at a job.

i made meringue this morning. EVERYTHING works well in them. there's a lot of power there, so be careful with things you can mix to much, like whipped cream. the art is in stopping early enough...

le-seb

I have one (not this model, though) that I mainly use to whisk egg whites, make mayonnaise, bring air into mashed potatoes to make for some crazy light purées, make bread/pizza dough, and grate all kinds of veggies with the super-costly-but-all-made-of-shitty-plastic accessory.

It's a very useful tool in a kitchen, but a shame the quality went that down.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Had an extra loaf of brioche, so I made a couple of blueberry white chocolate brioche bread puddings tonight.

~ money shot ~
ibzqZqqRt0QZEh.gif

thespot84

It's a bit of work but Baked Alaska comes to mind.
fn_ron-ben-israel-bazxxjp.jpeg

If you don't have access to an oven wherever you are going you can finish it off with a torch. Who doesn't like playing with a torch?

I can't fathom how the lines on that one are so clean but mine tasted great. It was a hit. Thanks for the suggestions!
VV3FU3sl.jpg

le-seb

Regarding the cleanness, aren't you supposed to put the preparation back into the freezer for 30-60 minutes after adding each layer?
Looks yummy, anyway.

Had an extra loaf of brioche, so I made a couple of blueberry white chocolate brioche bread puddings tonight.

~ money shot ~
ibzqZqqRt0QZEh.gif

I... gah... uh... argh.... brioche bread pudding. Man. A local cafe of mine used to make bread pudding from their day old croissants. Geez. Raspberry coulis and a bit of cream on top. So painfully good.

zbarron

i made meringue this morning. EVERYTHING works well in them. there's a lot of power there, so be careful with things you can mix to much, like whipped cream. the art is in stopping early enough...
I have one (not this model, though) that I mainly use to whisk egg whites, make mayonnaise, bring air into mashed potatoes to make for some crazy light purées, make bread/pizza dough, and grate all kinds of veggies with the super-costly-but-all-made-of-shitty-plastic accessory.

It's a very useful tool in a kitchen, but a shame the quality went that down.
Thank you both for the suggestions. I can't wait for it to arrive.

~ money shot ~
ibzqZqqRt0QZEh.gif
Wow that looks incredible. I made a 6 braid challah a little while back.
15014161026_98a0a14f84_c.jpg

This makes me want to make another and turn it into bread pudding.

I can't fathom how the lines on that one are so clean but mine tasted great. It was a hit. Thanks for the suggestions!
VV3FU3sl.jpg
Sadly it wasn't my picture but I agree with the freezing previously mentioned and this was on Food Network's site if I recall so they would have food artists with better tools than us like a blast chiller. I'm glad everyone loved it. It looks awesome. I made a more basic one in a cooking class in high school. Walking through the halls with that things seemed like it set off a radar for all the girls around me. They sure were friendly that day.

thespot84

Thank you both for the suggestions. I can't wait for it to arrive.

Wow that looks incredible. I made a 6 braid challah a little while back.
15014161026_98a0a14f84_c.jpg

This makes me want to make another and turn it into bread pudding.

Sadly it wasn't my picture but I agree with the freezing previously mentioned and this was on Food Network's site if I recall so they would have food artists with better tools than us like a blast chiller. I'm glad everyone loved it. It looks awesome. I made a more basic one in a cooking class in high school. Walking through the halls with that things seemed like it set off a radar for all the girls around me. They sure were friendly that day.

Have you made French toast with challah? Best thing ever.

le-seb

Let's pretend I've finally been able to take a good photo...

Here's for you my tranche de gigot d'agneau et sa ratatouille :

So, this is a slice of a leg of lamb fried in the pan with just some rosemary, salt and pepper added.
To be served with, a ratatouille in which you'll find (in their order of appearance in the pan) : onion, zucchini, Bell pepper and tomatoes, with a pinch of sugar, some thyme, rosemary, garlic, salt and black pepper playing second roles.

Summer, you're finally there, and I must say you can't last long enough...

zbarron

I just wanted to post an update on what I got out of my Tenderloin slice. I cut 4 petite filets, some odd shaped steaks and I had a large piece left over resembling a Flank or skirt steak.

For lunch the other day I had the manliest lunch. Steak with a side of steak and steak.
15239784342_12242cd54a_h.jpg

Tonight I took the large piece and made a basic stir fry.
15237007611_ac0e1635d7_h.jpg

We've had 2 of the petite filets with loaded baked potatoes and plan on doing the same with the other 2.

maxcriden

Wow, you guys are all immensely talented. I've only read the last page but I am just wowed. I used to have a food blog, Beach City Cooking, but I only ended up sticking with it for 6 months or so. It was a lot of effort to maintain because I was going for step-by-step pictorial instructions. I had some "guest columns" and stuff to try to round out content a bit, but mostly it's my own posts. There is a really delicious recipe (from Fish Without a Doubt) for whole fish baked in a salt crust on there, which was some of the most delicious fish I've ever had at home.

le-seb

Hey, you just can't go wrong with (wild) sea bass (such a shame it's so expensive, though!)
The salt crust cooking is pretty rad, I have to say.

My way, I'm just rubbing it both sides and inside the belly with salt, where I also add some fennel seeds, and pouring a bit of olive oil all over the fish.
Allow 20 to 25 minutes in the oven at 150°C for a 500 g fish.
It's just absolutely de-li-cious!

maxcriden

Hey, you just can't go wrong with (wild) sea bass (such a shame it's so expensive, though!)
The salt crust cooking is pretty rad, I have to say.

My way, I'm just rubbing it both sides and inside the belly with salt, where I also add some fennel seeds, and pouring a bit of olive oil all over the fish.
Allow 20 to 25 minutes in the oven at 150°C for a 500 g fish.
It's just absolutely de-li-cious!

Sounds lovely, I'm looking forward to pics. The EVOO on the fish is a must, really helps bring out the flavor. We're living in Vermont now and good fish is very hard to come by compared to when we were in SoCal.

OnkelC

Hail to the Chef
the perils of convienience shit:

"first, put the camembert in the oven, two minutes later the other cheeses"

??????????????

Of course, all three cheeses were in one single bag inside the cardboard box. The packaging designer should spend a month in a moroccan drug prison for that.

le-seb

The packaging designer should spend a month in a moroccan drug prison for that.
Well, if you ask me, you should share his cell for crime against French cheeses! ;-)

Seriously, when it's winter time, there's nothing like an oven roasted Camembert, topped with a spoon of honey and a pinch of Provence herbs, and served with lettuce and some potatoes simply mashed with a fork and flavoured with a dash of olive oil and parsley.

That's some serious comfort food, here!

zbarron

Semi-homemade doughnut holes

Breakfast hash

An Old Fashioned, from the Notebook thread

Absolutely Gorgeous. I've been making a lot of hash since I got my cast iron skillet. I really need to start adding avocado.

My photos aren't pretty today. I didn't bother with any presentation. I just wanted to log what I made since it was great.

I made Chef John's Bread and Butter Pickles
15074397677_1fdaef2dcf_b.jpg

(Notice how I finished a third of the jar before remembering to photograph it.

For dinner I made a pumpkin, black bean, kale and bacon stew.
15260960725_7702b56a63_b.jpg

I served it with a nice bread boule and some amazing local grass fed butter.

Today my mixer arrived
15260334652_e981bf8f3d_h.jpg

With it I made a white cake out of the recipe book it came with.
15257651211_7bdd6b6f47_b.jpg

After seeing thespot84's beautiful Baked Alaska on the previous page I'm going to try my luck at one for the first time in a while tonight.

thespot84

Absolutely Gorgeous. I've been making a lot of hash since I got my cast iron skillet. I really need to start adding avocado.

My photos aren't pretty today. I didn't bother with any presentation. I just wanted to log what I made since it was great.

For dinner I made a pumpkin, black bean, kale and bacon stew.

I served it with a nice bread boule and some amazing local grass fed butter.

Today my mixer arrived

With it I made a white cake out of the recipe book it came with.

After seeing thespot84's beautiful Baked Alaska on the previous page I'm going to try my luck at one for the first time in a while tonight.

Thanks!

Do you have an ice cream maker? it's super easy if you do, otherwise you can just buy ice cream to put in it. It's a fairly easy recipe (based off this: though I did layers) but plan ahead for all the freezing time (it's even more if you make the ice cream yourself)

EDIT: I just realized you're the one who suggested it in the first place, lol. so nevermind then :p

zbarron

Thanks!

Do you have an ice cream maker? it's super easy if you do, otherwise you can just buy ice cream to put in it. It's a fairly easy recipe (based off this: though I did layers) but plan ahead for all the freezing time (it's even more if you make the ice cream yourself)

EDIT: I just realized you're the one who suggested it in the first place, lol. so nevermind then :p
It turned into a bit of a fail. I'm so used to cooking with high heat I'm not really used to having to take your time with a recipe and I unfortunately rushed through it. I decided to go with an Italian Meringue which has hot sugar syrup drizzled into the mixing egg whites. The Mrs. wasn't liking the idea of raw egg whites that are only browned at the top. Unfortunately I kept the mixer at high speed when drizzling. This made the beaters catch it and turn it into string like cotton candy and most never even got to the egg. I also only used 1 egg since I was convinced it would be enough. I didn't line the bowl with anything to make getting it out easier and only left it in the freezer for about 10-15 minutes. I didn't use any acid to help stabilize the peaks and instead of watching it closely at full speed I was preoccupied "quietly and calmly correcting" at my son.
15076269208_7b134848f2_b.jpg

I overwhipped it. I totally missed both soft and hard peaks and it went straight to this by the time I got to it. It still turned out tasty and my family loved it. Not to mention I learned many valuable lessons in the process. All's well that ends well.
*coughs*

erm

what does .5 pound mean? half a pound? .5 C is half a cup?
Half a pound

thespot84

It turned into a bit of a fail. I'm so used to cooking with high heat I'm not really used to having to take your time with a recipe and I unfortunately rushed through it. I decided to go with an Italian Meringue which has hot sugar syrup drizzled into the mixing egg whites. The Mrs. wasn't liking the idea of raw egg whites that are only browned at the top. Unfortunately I kept the mixer at high speed when drizzling. This made the beaters catch it and turn it into string like cotton candy and most never even got to the egg. I also only used 1 egg since I was convinced it would be enough. I didn't line the bowl with anything to make getting it out easier and only left it in the freezer for about 10-15 minutes. I didn't use any acid to help stabilize the peaks and instead of watching it closely at full speed I was preoccupied "quietly and calmly correcting" at my son.

I overwhipped it. I totally missed both soft and hard peaks and it went straight to this by the time I got to it. It still turned out tasty and my family loved it. Not to mention I learned many valuable lessons in the process. All's well that ends well.

Half a pound

Did you use a torch or an over to brown the meringue? I found the torch to be pretty easy.

Also remind the Mrs. that 1 in 20,000 eggs has salmonella :D

zbarron

Did you use a torch or an over to brown the meringue? I found the torch to be pretty easy.

Also remind the Mrs. that 1 in 20,000 eggs has salmonella :D

I used the oven preheated and then turned the top broiler on. That black spot was where I got it to close to the heat source and it ignited. I want a torch. It would be nice for this, creme brulee and as a final sear on a sous vide steak.

She's not much of a gambler but I was able to convince her to have it that way since the hot syrup kills any that would be there.

Edit:
15081323857_cdae29e3df_b.jpg

Success!

15074397677_1fdaef2dcf_b.jpg

That's how you know they are good. I've never made pickles before, but I'd like to try. Haven't the slightest idea how to go after a baked Alaska, so I'm interested in how you two go about it.

zbarron

That's how you know they are good. I've never made pickles before, but I'd like to try. Haven't the slightest idea how to go after a baked Alaska, so I'm interested in how you two go about it.

http://foodwishes.blogspot.com/2014/08/bread-butter-pickles-one-of-great.html
Watch the 6 minute youtube video. It really is simple and unlike the pickles I normally make which take weeks to mature to the correct flavor these were good that same day.

I just bought a pint of Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia let it soften at room temperate until it is more malleable. I took a easy white cake and placed a soup bowl upside down on it and then cut around the bowl so the round was the same size. When the ice cream is soft enough line the same bowl with plastic wrap and fill it completely with ice cream but with no overflow. Stick that in the freezer so it is nice and hard. It's going in the oven so you don't want it to melt. After that's hard enough make a meringue. To assemble place the round cake cut out on a baking sheet and top with ice cream half sphere so you have a tall half sphere. Coat every inch with the meringue so nothing underneath is showing. The way you brown it is up to you. You can either put it in the oven under the broiler and let the broiler brown it. You can also use a hand torch to brown it. It's more fun and you have the most control. You could also flambe it if you want to get really fancy. Light the fumes of brandy and pour it over the baked Alaska. For detailed steps there is a recipe posted earlier on this page.

It sounds more complicated than it is. Just learn from my many mistakes and take your time with it. I'm all out of ice cream but i took some left over cake and topped it with a new meringue I made in about 5 minutes today and it was still tasty.
15081520440_ad0b312d37_h.jpg

thespot84

also, regarding the recipe i posted, it's in a 3qt bowl, which is A LOT. We have 9 people and didn't get through half. halving the recipe would also make the cake more manageable to work with since it would fit on a plate instead of a cookie sheet (i'm glad i have a dedicated freezer...)

zbarron

also, regarding the recipe i posted, it's in a 3qt bowl, which is A LOT. We have 9 people and didn't get through half. halving the recipe would also make the cake more manageable to work with since it would fit on a plate instead of a cookie sheet (i'm glad i have a dedicated freezer...)

Yeah, my much smaller one was too much for the three of us.

I attempted this crusty white bread recipe.
http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2014/08/simple-crusty-white-bread-recipe.html
15084593400_ad3bfae272_h.jpg

This was my first time working with such a high hydration dough and I was nervous but it turned out amazing.
15084720307_329b485330_h.jpg

I whipped up some of my nice butter to go with it.
15270904832_fee7d940d5_h.jpg

This was my makeshift scoring tool with a Bolzano blade
Wet Shaving GAF Represent!
15268203611_0f70573e72_h.jpg

There was a bit of blow out but I don't care. It tasted amazing
15084744268_01d0599a9c_h.jpg

I cut this loaf shortly after it came out of the oven because my wife wanted some hot bread. The second loaf I'm not going to slice until it's completely cool. I'll see which one I prefer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom