• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is a new Radiohead album imminent? - form new company similar to prior releases

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xun

Am I the only one checking the email every now and then looking for that W.A.S.T.E. email?
I've been checking the Reddit sub-forum every day for the past couple of months, especially since the tour leaked on there a few hours before it was officially announced.

Needless to say this album release is quite literally driving me insane.

I need it now.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
god damn I was all hopeful.

well at least i've got tix to see em in ams :D

Deeku

I've been checking the Reddit sub-forum every day for the past couple of months, especially since the tour leaked on there a few hours before it was officially announced.

Needless to say this album release is quite literally driving me insane.

I need it now.
Same here lol!

Hoping for digital in May cos I know I won't be able to stop myself from watching youtube videos of concert footage:/

r/radiohead had an interesting discussion about this today. A lot of it focused on a few questions that are interesting food for thought.

Radiohead are obsessive about the security and release method of their albums ever since the got burned by the HTTT leak. Why would they be cool with their manager dropping release info, even if only the month, on some random interview?

While Radiohead are definitely known to debut and work on songs live sometimes long before recording and releasing them officially, it's no secret they are close to dropping an album. Why would they then play several shows, presumably with new songs, before they get their official debut a few weeks later?

Ummm there was something else, sorry can't remember!

Point is June makes more sense for a physical release with a digital debut sooner. There were May 1 rumors a while back.

tchocky

Wouldn't saying he's not their manager discredit anything the aforementioned false manager said?

No because he is a partner in the company who Radoheads real managers work for so he would probably still have knowledge of their plans.

So it might be out in June or it might not be. Fuck me.

Also, from the same guy:
[Brian Message] billled the album as “something that will probably make many of us go, ‘Wow!’”.

He continued: “There’s nothing out there right now that sounds anything like this. And for some people that will be a good thing and for others that probably won’t.”
Source.

Deeku

so uh, according to reddit, people are receiving this in the mail...

gUw5HWc.jpg

holy fuckin shit!

Ethelwulf

Every single time with Radiohead threads people order the albums from best to worst... Of course in rainbows is the best one.

Muitnorts

Oh crap last time I bought something from them I was at my student flat! Sucks that there's even a chance it'll be waiting there forever.

Tak3n

Banned
slightly OT so my apologies.... I have a load of old rare collectable stuff from Radiohead, I sold one item on Ebay and got scammed, is there a forum for selling their rare stuff or not....

I collected it all about 10 years ago and been out of the loop on them since about then so be good to sell some of it.

slightly OT so my apologies.... I have a load of old rare collectable stuff from Radiohead, I sold one item on Ebay and got scammed, is there a forum for selling their rare stuff or not....

I collected it all about 10 years ago and been out of the loop on them since about then so be good to sell some of it.
What was it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom