• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is a new Radiohead album imminent? - form new company similar to prior releases

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
This is like the Hardcore History thread, I don't want to see it on the front page unless there is news about the new release!

YORKE-SAD.gif

ZeroRay

After the initial hype, looks like we're not gonna see LP9 till at least after Johhny and Thom do their live shows next month. :(

Xun

I didn't even know Disk 2 of In Rainbows existed until the other day, but unfortunately it's just disappeared on their store... :(

Ughh.

Deeku

man, all these leaked/rumoured un-announced non-festival tour dates....i hope they say something soon cos i just can't

Blader

Kind of interesting they're playing a lot of smaller venues this time around, compared to the stadiums on the King of Limbs tour.

Xun

Rumours are suggesting a tour to be announced at 4pm GMT, although I'll believe it when I see it.

If that's the case I'll make a new thread.

AHHHHHHHHHHH!

Just announce it already! (the album, not the tour)

Surely, if this tour is kicking off in May in Holland, that surely means the album will be dropping sometime this or next month or even very early May? There's no other reason, right?

Tanston

Been waiting for what feels like forever for a tour announcement and now this short tour. I live a short train ride from MSG so yay!. But those MSG tickets are going to be impossible to get with this short tour (hard enough on a full tour). so boo!

cabot

RADIOHEAD COLLABORATOR STANLEY DONWOOD: 'NEW ALBUM IS A WORK OF ART'

When DIY asked if he'd heard it yet, he replied “I have. Is it done? Not yet…” and said "It's a work of art."

Currently working alongside the band in the studio, he revealed “there’s quite a lot I still have to do,” and when asked about his personal favourite Radiohead collaboration, he responded: “I’ve just had a think about this, and I think it’s the one that no-one’s seen yet. It was made by the strong warm winds of southern France.”

It seems the album release might not be so imminent after all, guys :(

Tenebrous

It'll be worth the wait. I just hope they don't make the LP9 equal of Supercollider/Butcher unpurchasable for people who don't want to preorder digital music.

Blader

Everyone was waiting for Thom and Jonny to finish their solo gigs so that the album could come out, who would've thought Stanley was the real hold up -_-

jdw_b

i feel like he's probably just talking about his art part not being done yet

hopefully

Yeah this is most likely I think...also, the questions were sent in an interview back in Feb and answered a couple of days ago. I'd imagine there'd be nothing substantial left for them to finish off

Horseress

Still, I'll continue to check my email every couple of hours looking for an "hey we're releasing the new album next week, buy here" one

Xun

https://www.reddit.com/r/radiohead/...yorke_single_coming_out_this_week_lp9_in_may/

Seems like the album is coming out in May according to trusted sources over at AtEase. Album is mixed and mastered with the only the art left to finish. Also solidified by Nigel working with RHCP for their new record meaning that he's most likely done with LP9.

https://twitter.com/RHCPchad/status/712010548871704576
Stanley wasn't very descriptive, so I really wouldn't be surprised if he was talking solely of the artwork/brand.

Good to hear if that's the case.

Sounds good!

Blader

Always pretty suspect when some random guy pops up on a forum or Reddit, says "I have a friend who works at a record label, so here's how I know what's going on with this album"... but the guy did call that Beautiful People single being released this week literally a few hours before the record company actually did. So maybe it's legit? First week of May then?

Pavaloo

Always pretty suspect when some random guy pops up on a forum or Reddit, says "I have a friend who works at a record label, so here's how I know what's going on with this album"... but the guy did call that Beautiful People single being released this week literally a few hours before the record company actually did. So maybe it's legit? First week of May then?

I think he got the dates mixed up. The early May release has to be Mark Pritchard's album that comes out May 13th

Paul Thomas Anderson has been filming a video for the lead single around LA. Woman whose house was used violated an NDA, so the rumors go.

Blader

^hype!

I think he got the dates mixed up. The early May release has to be Mark Pritchard's album that comes out May 13th

The "scoop" was that the Beautiful People single was supposed to come out early May, ahead of the May 13th release of the full album. Since Radiohead's album is allegedly scheduled for that same early May time frame, the label pushed up the single to end of March, to avoid the bigger Thom Yorke project from overshadowing it. Or so he says.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom