• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is Astro Bot the quintessential PS5 game? ( For Now)

CosmicComet

Can't say I've bought a single Playstation studios game for my ps5, and Astrobot certainly wouldn't be the first if I do get one at some point.

Last edited:
Yes, at least until Naughty Dog release their game.

Sony have made many great platformers over the decades, but AstroBot is the first one I’d call a masterpiece.

In fact it’s the first non-Mario platformers I’d call a masterpiece.

Quantum253

Gold Member
Astro would be the game of the PS5
1) Accessible to multiple audiences
2) First title on PS5 for the franchise (others were tech demos)
3) Enhances the experience with dual sense
3) Exclusive to the system where it cannot be experienced anywhere else (as of now)
4) Developers love, care, and talent are apparent in the overall experience.
5) Bots can be made into merchandise and other physical promotional items

Dafegamer

Yes, at least until Naughty Dog release their game.

Sony have made many great platformers over the decades, but AstroBot is the first one I’d call a masterpiece.

In fact it’s the first non-Mario platformers I’d call a masterpiece.
Honestly same. I love all the Ratchet games, but as Platformers none of them are close to 3D Mario(they're still masterpieces but more as action adventure shooters with occasional platforming) ASTRO BOT games(Including Rescue Mission) are the first Pure Platformers where I have to reconsider my top 10 3D Platformers of all time, the IP is that good.
Crash Bandicoot games are great, but they're closer to 2.5 Platformers. Still prefer Astro Bot tho. For me it goes like this Super Mario ODYSSEY, SMG1&2 > Astro Bot = Banjo Kazooie, SM3DWORLD> Rescue Mission, SM64, Sunshine, Banjo Tooie > Crash Bandicoot 1-4, Astro's Playroom, Jak and Daxter > Ratchet and Clank (purely based on the actual platforming it has, higher as action adventure games)

Never played Spyro, Donkey Kong 64 etc, but I doubt they crack my top 20 even.

Top Bottom