• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is there a sequel to Top Spin in development?

thorns

Banned
It is easily one of the best tennis games ever and one of the best looking games on the xbox in general. It's a lot of fun to play it multiplayer. The game also can see a renewed interest with the new bundle.. Has there been any word on a sequel (considering the recent layoffs at MGS) for Xbox or Xbox 2?

Blimblim

The Inside Track
PAM (the french developers of the game) announced they had both Top Spin 2 and a online soccer game in development. But that was way before the troubles with the MGS sports lineup so it may have totally changed since then.

rastex

Banned
If they remove those HORRENDOUS loading times between menu screens the game will be a million times better. While each loading isn't THAT long (max 5-7 seconds) the fact that they occur about 2-3 times before even selecting your player (if you're going on Live) is absolutely infuriating. This should be in one of the top 10 rules of Game Production: NO LOADING TIMES IN MENU SCREENS

Other than that, the game is absolutely fantastic, and the character creation is incredible.

Speevy

Banned
AI quickly jumped from easy tedium to thumb-blisteringly difficult.
That needs to be fixed. But I love the ball physics.

Mrbob

I think so. Just the main sports line got the axe. It would be too bad if we didn't get a Top Spin sequel. The game did have potential. While flawed in single player, like mentioned above, the ball physics were great. It looks like the game has sold a decent chunk before the holiday pack in. I thought I read somewhere that while the main sports line got the axe, side 'sports products' (Like Rallysport and Top Spin) are getting upgrades every two years or so.

ElyrionX

Even though Single Player was flawed, but it was still really fun. The difficulty really needs to be fixed.....

shpankey

not an idiot
I didn't like Top Spin. Hopefully if they make another they will do much better. I admitt there is a lot of potential there and some things they did were cool, I just didn't like the feel of the gameplay.

Meier

I hope they come out with another one. Also nice to see people getting over the ridiculous notion that this game was anywhere near the level of quality that Tennis 2k2 was. Top Spin's single player was fun but very, very flawed and not just because it was just about impossible to ever achieve #1 (I think I did get to #3 but havent played since).

Wonderful potential though and a lot of fun in multiplayer as long as it wasnt on XBL where crippling lag made it impossible to play for me. Four-player in person though was an absolute blast. Played it with a bunch of other people in turns for like 6 hours straight one day.

Prine

Banned
There will be another version, the MS sports guy said so.

It was like

"Top Spin will not recieve yearly updates. Its a game that we intend to release every 2 years"

It sold quite well too

Top Spin single player mode is the most boring thing I've had the misfortune to play this generation. God, it was almost impossible to lose a single game (a tennis "game", not a match!). I felt ridiculous playing endless tournaments just to get a live-enabled character and wound up selling it.

I didn't like the gameplay either, at all, but it still makes for a fun multiplayer.

All Microsoft 1st party sports games are being made for Xenon now. I personally wouldn't mind if they completely abandoned everything except Links, Top Spin, and Amped. Let Sega and EA fill the major sport slots. Also Konami for Soccer obviously.

Top Bottom