• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It All Began With... Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep |OT|

DarknessTear said:
I recall you played it before.. is it really that good?

YES!

I only got to play a bit of a friend's import. After I got a grasp of what a few of the commands did it was pretty cool.

TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:
Not bad. So I guess when you mean per character, that means each character has their own personal story?

They each set out at the same time and separate.

They visit the some worlds in different order and the events and boss battles you experience are different.

They also fight differently.

DiscoJer

pulga said:
Time to bust out my PSP like its 2005 again. Ohhhh yeah.

What took so long? Can't have a thread about a PSP game without a comment like this (though usually it's dust off, not bust out)

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I'm surprised there hasn't been more of that good ol' buzz surrounding this.

dammit, I underestimated Persona 3 Portable length and now I got to choose between Ys7 and KH BBS. PSP got too many games. I haven't touched my ps3 ever since Peace Walker is out.

Rez said:
I'm surprised there hasn't been more of that good ol' buzz surrounding this.

No one cares about PSP, even if the game in question is one of their favourites on console :(

See: Peace Walker, Crisis Core, God of War, Valkyria Chronicles 2 etc etc etc. If I had a penny for each time, in the past few months, I've read on message boards "I love series X but won't touch this latest installment because it's on PSP" I'd be a rich man :(

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
yeah, I'm just rediscovering my PSP. I won one a while ago and never actually bought anything for it other than a pandora battery which I used to install CFW and run FFVII.

I'm buying Persona 3: Portable (never played a Persona but it looks like the type of thing I'm going to love, especially on a handheld) and then I'm going to buy Peacewalker.

I'm actually kind of excited about the library I've suddenly realised I have available.

pulga

Banned
DiscoJer said:
What took so long? Can't have a thread about a PSP game without a comment like this (though usually it's dust off, not bust out)

Didn't mean something bad by it, just stating I'm actually excited about something PSP as I haven't been in a long time. :lol Thus, my non-use of "dust-off".

I love KH1 and 2. 2 a lot less because of the Colosseum sucking horribly in comparison to the first game.. all the other KH games I haven't cared for. Though I am playing the DS one right now.. it's kinda "meh" for me. I hope I like this one.

Takao

Banned
I'll get to this eventually. I would've been Day 1 if it was on PSN, but since it won't be, I can wait for the UMD to go cheap.

I don't really care about the story in these games, so I have read a few spoilers, but meh. I found the PS2 games fun to play, despite the nonsense that goes on with the story.

V_Ben

Banned
Looking forward to playing this one on my g...oh, right. I'll borrow a friends 1000, and play it that way :D

Rez said:
I'm actually kind of excited about the library I've suddenly realised I have available.

So you should be. Assuming you have the time and money, jumping into the PSP library at this point will keep you busy for quite a while :)

Ferga

Diablos54 said:
Day 1 for sure, been waiting years for a new KH game! (And no, crappy DS games don't count.)

358/2 days... such a disappointment to me

Was so hyped for it and I ended up not finishing it because i got bored

DeVeAn

I loved the PS2 games but the DS game was a big pile of rehash bore. The series' story is as EPIC as MGS, in that I can't grasp whats happening without a damn wiki!

squall211 said:
I'm glad I still have my PSP 2000 alongside my Go.

I have to dig out my Final fantasy Crisis core 2000 to play this...

Seriously would have bought the limited edition and the PSN version of this game, hope they release it later down the line so I can make use of my Go.

squall211 said:
I'm glad I still have my PSP 2000 alongside my Go.
ditto.... but I bought a used 3000 just for this game anyway!! :D

I really wish this was on PSN... between me and the kids, I'm going to have to buy two copies of the UMD just to keep everyone happy... :lol

Ferga

BlazingDarkness said:
BBS is a billion times better

yeah i know =P

i played my uncle's japanese copy before.

I was going to only check out the controls and stuff but i ended up playing a good 3 hours. Now i know a chunk of the story :lol

curse me

Gravijah said:
looks like your ass got GOwned

It does hurt, would it seriously have been too hard to include a digital version with the UMD game? I could've bought the game and had the best of both world's :(

Edit: 600mb install option, hope people have enough space on the sticks

Damn you Square Enix! I hope you suffer with your 100-200 less sales because I'll be borrowing this and my friend's PSP instead of buying it! >:|

Peff

Pureauthor said:
Not that I suspect anyone particularly cares, and not that I particularly want to sound like a whiny ass over this (although I suspect it'll come across that way regardless), but I did ask if anyone would mind if I called dibs on doing the official thread at the beginning of the fucking year.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=19370618&postcount=640

*grumble*

How do you know Jeels isn't your Nobody :eek:?

I'm SO looking forward to this. Next week can't come soon enough!

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Already preordered. But I won't be playing it until I'm all caught up with the franchise.

Yoshiya

Sort of sad this will be the first KH I miss, but as much as I enjoy the series I'm not spending >$300 for the one game. Hopefully Re: Coded doesn't turn out to be as mediocre as it looks, and I'll still be able to get my KH fix.

Top Bottom