• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It All Began With... Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep |OT|

Princess Skittles said:
Sooo.. did anybody actually apply the PSP decals? I'm starting to think they'd look pretty good on my Lavender PSP.
You know, I got a phone call from EB about the decals since they didn't have it on pick up but I was like whatever, I don't feel like driving to EB just for decals.

So yeah my stance on decals = fuck'em.

Reposting from the previous page:

I'm trying to figure out a good final skill setup for each character. For Ventus I'm thinking Megaflare, Salvation, Faith, and Ars Arcanum, possibly switching Ars Arcanum out for Tornado. For Aqua, it's Magic Hour, Megaflare, Seek Mines, Thundaga Shot, and 2 Curagas. For Terra, it's Ars Solum, Megaflare, Chaos Blade, and 2 Curagas (though I'm thinking of replacing Chaos Blade with Sonic Blade since it's faster, only takes up one block, and frankly seems to do more damage per hit).

Can't remember the movement skills or Shoot Locks for everyone, but you get the gist of it (and those aren't quite as important anyway, though I wouldn't mind figuring out the best Shoot Lock for each character). Everyone's got their final finisher equipped because said finisher tends to do a good job of giving some invincibility and time to recharge skills (though generally speaking I tend to find myself using high-level command style finishers instead).

Any suggestions/improvements? Terra seems especially ineffective, though really you're supposed to use his physical attack more frequently than you do with the other characters and I realize that.

I just got this game an am about to start a new game. Question is, what is the best difficulty for me? I want to see the secret ending at the end, I also want the game to be easier, but not too easy. Is Proud mode like Normal KH1 or is it harder than that? KH2 Normal was too easy, so I'm at a loss at what to do. Also how easy is it to unlock the secret ending in normal vs. proud mode?

If it isn't much harder in Normal mode, i'll probably just stick to that...thanks alot for the help GAF!

Peff

badcrumble said:
Reposting from the previous page:

I'm trying to figure out a good final skill setup for each character. For Ventus I'm thinking Megaflare, Salvation, Faith, and Ars Arcanum, possibly switching Ars Arcanum out for Tornado. For Aqua, it's Magic Hour, Megaflare, Seek Mines, Thundaga Shot, and 2 Curagas. For Terra, it's Ars Solum, Megaflare, Chaos Blade, and 2 Curagas (though I'm thinking of replacing Chaos Blade with Sonic Blade since it's faster, only takes up one block, and frankly seems to do more damage per hit).

Can't remember the movement skills or Shoot Locks for everyone, but you get the gist of it (and those aren't quite as important anyway, though I wouldn't mind figuring out the best Shoot Lock for each character). Everyone's got their final finisher equipped because said finisher tends to do a good job of giving some invincibility and time to recharge skills (though generally speaking I tend to find myself using high-level command style finishers instead).

Any suggestions/improvements? Terra seems especially ineffective, though really you're supposed to use his physical attack more frequently than you do with the other characters and I realize that.

I think with Terra it's probably better to give him the keyblade with negative magic value and use as many physical attacks as possible. A good replacement for Megaflare would be Meteor Crash, which doesn't have as much reach but it'll obliterate anything. Brutal Blast is also pretty powerful. As for the best shotlock, each character has an ultimate one but you can stick to the ones you control best (mashing X is easier than rotating that tiny stick or the QTEs).

Mr_Brit

Banned
How do you beat the ice cream minigame in Disney Town as Ventus, do you have to beat the game to complete the world or do you have to do something else?

Mr_Brit said:
How do you beat the ice cream minigame in Disney Town as Ventus, do you have to beat the game to complete the world or do you have to do something else?

Nope, beating the 'game' is enough insofar as world completion is concerned.

Niblet

Mr_Brit said:
Any advice on how to pass it? What is the minimum score needed to clear it?
Put on some headphones and go with the flow. worry about keeping the chain up and not about getting excellents on the button presses. You will win as long as you eliminate your misses. Even a few misses isn't damning.

The ice cream minigame, Fruit Volleyball, and Rumble Racing are really really terrible.

By the way, anyone else notice that the battle levels of various worlds seems to increase based on some hidden criteria during the endgame? What's that about? I mean, it's nice because it means I get more experience per enemy, but I don't know how to increase the battle level - it might be based on completion% and it might be based on character level, I honestly can't tell.

Peff

badcrumble said:
The ice cream minigame, Fruit Volleyball, and Rumble Racing are really really terrible.

By the way, anyone else notice that the battle levels of various worlds seems to increase based on some hidden criteria during the endgame? What's that about? I mean, it's nice because it means I get more experience per enemy, but I don't know how to increase the battle level - it might be based on completion% and it might be based on character level, I honestly can't tell.

It's story-based, after you beat the game (?) it won't go up anymore. Each character has their own battle levels too, which makes the Radiant Garden level-up trick useless for Aqua.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Hmm, I have all the mini games listed with proper scores in the report with Terra but I'm not getting the Mickey head. I did the races in both the Mirage Arena and Disney Town but there are some boards I only played via Arena, do I have to play them again from the menu so the game "registers" it for real? I don't know what else I could be missing.

Nose Master

Proud mode is really easy thus far. The only hard fight for Terra was probably
Xehanort. And even he was pretty easy when I stopped trying to hit him. Seems like the only way to beat him is to guard then counter attack. Are there any hidden boss fights like Sephiroth or anything in this? Most of the boss patterns are really simple :(.

Nose Master said:
Proud mode is really easy thus far. The only hard fight for Terra was probably
Xehanort. And even he was pretty easy when I stopped trying to hit him. Seems like the only way to beat him is to guard then counter attack. Are there any hidden boss fights like Sephiroth or anything in this? Most of the boss patterns are really simple :(.

2 Secret Bosses. One in Keyblade Graveyard, other at Land of Departure.

Crewnh said:
You know, I got a phone call from EB about the decals since they didn't have it on pick up but I was like whatever, I don't feel like driving to EB just for decals.

So yeah my stance on decals = fuck'em.

Best Buy had them packaged in the box. They're cool, I guess.

Also, I think I'm spending too much time with Ventus. I've been playing for about fifteen hours and I still have several worlds to complete.

Jigsaw

Banned
Nose Master said:
Can you do them on any clear save, or do you need to beat it with everyone?

you need to beat the final episode,which means beating it with everyone before...it will be saved in the system file,so after the final episode you can load the clear data of any character and try the graveyard boss

use the rock to beat him,then you unlock the 2nd boss...if you want a fair battle you can re-fight him in the graveyard as often as you want

Fuu

Jesus why is this happening, I replayed all of these mini games and won at all the damn boards again, where's the fucking Mickey symbol.

Aru

Beat the game with Terra. The last boss was pretty hard on Proud Mode (
especially his Meteor Rain attack, which made me start the battle quite a number of times
).

I was level 32 when I beat him.

Now let's go for my second playthrough with Aqua this time, Proud mode as well.

Fuu

KH gaf, help me understand what I'm missing, the faqs and wikis I looked didn't help:

*pics removed*

Nose Master

Aru said:
Beat the game with Terra. The last boss was pretty hard on Proud Mode (
especially his Meteor Rain attack, which made me start the battle quite a number of times
).

I was level 32 when I beat him.

Now let's go for my second playthrough with Aqua this time, Proud mode as well.

You can just wait for the meteors to strike and block like 90% of them. You can reflect all his dark energy projectiles(by guarding), too. That was like, half of my damage. :lol

Fuu

Peff said:
^Did you get "Fantastic" in every song?
No, I only got a fantastic on Dessert Paradise Master to get the Frozen Fortune prize. I thought I only needed to have a score on each of them since you only need a "cool" to unlock the new ones. :lol Damn you ice cream game, damn youuu.

Thanks, Peff. <3

Fuu

I'm blind wtf, I was actually missing the Hand in Hand song entirely, I checked so many times. Anyway, got Fantastic in all of them except the Master mode of Hand in Hand (a
cool was enough, thankfully). DONE. \o/

Edit:
Jigsaw said:
on a side note,you don't need to get the mickey symbol for every character to get 100% on mini games in the trinity report,you just need to beat captain justice and captain dark in fruitball (captain dark is only available for terra),if you are at 97% it's most likely this
I'm still completing Terra's report so I'm not there yet but good to know, thanks.

Jigsaw

Banned
Fuu said:
Jesus why is this happening, I replayed all of these mini games and won at all the damn boards again, where's the fucking Mickey symbol.

on a side note,you don't need to get the mickey symbol for every character to get 100% on mini games in the trinity report,you just need to beat captain justice and captain dark in fruitball (captain dark is only available for terra),if you are at 97% it's most likely this

(a cool was enough, thankfully)

ranking doesn't matter for the 5th song,you just need to play the master version once

Aru

Nose Master said:
You can just wait for the meteors to strike and block like 90% of them. You can reflect all his dark energy projectiles(by guarding), too. That was like, half of my damage. :lol

I knew about reflecting dark projectiles, but not the meteors. On my first tries, I attacked him with Fire/Thunder sprint attack which made me invincible for a few seconds. But that didn't work so well when he cast meteors, so I started reflecting his attacks and counter attack a few times until I beat him.

Fuu

Too much luck-based crap in the second secret boss fight for my tastes, as long as the computer decides to start spamming the same overpowered attack(s) there's no way around it. The
"everything I do will leave you with 1 hp or kill you lolol"
thing in both secret bosses is just annoying, I hope that's not how they'll be handled in the next games. Great music though.

Jerk

Banned
Fuck, I think I may be seriously underleveled.

Anyone know if level 21 is too low to beat Ven's campaign on critical?

Phenomic

Jerk 2.0 said:

Yeah I'd say you should probably do some grinding to the levels sadly, I was about 34 when I did this on Proud with Ventus and died a few times.

Volcynika

Ventus end stuff was annoying for me, but after seeing all the attacks it became fairly easy to dodge and know when to strike. Though I beat it at around level 30 mostly due to gaining levels while I was building some new spells. Played on Critical.

jorgeton

so.. this is officially one of my top ten games of 2010. i've loved every second of it. in the last leg of Aqua's story, and am wishing there was a fourth character to play as! best KH game thus far, in my opinion.

Tucah

you speak so well
Jerk 2.0 said:

Probably, I think I was like 28 or so when I beat it on Proud.

Why, why was the power button placed on the side of the PSP? What a terrible design choice!

I played a bit of that ice cream game and the fruit thing. The fruity tennis is terrible.

Absolutely terrible.

I love the Mini spell. It is so...boss.

By the way, I've just been leveling up my spells to level 3 how to upgrade to blizzaga, etc. do i have to have 2 blizzards level 3 then combine them together or something?

Can mini be upgraded to miniga? :D

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
RadioHeadAche said:
Why, why was the power button placed on the side of the PSP? What a terrible design choice!

I played a bit of that ice cream game and the fruit thing. The fruity tennis is terrible.

Absolutely terrible.

I thought so the first round, but then just mashing triangle really evened things out.

Okay, so . . spoiler abounding. Super ending ones.

Got the epilogue, beat Xehanort (or terranort lulz) and then watched through everything . . that secret video thing is cool and all, but damn does it make the wait harder. KH3 is Sora finding Terra, Ven and Aqua I take it?

I really enjoyed this kingdom hearts, but damn if the story doesn't do a good enough job of being more . . clear. I'm actually fine with this heart's darkness being trapped within that ones blah blah blah, I eat that stuff up because I care about the characters, but I need a little bit more direction. Okay, cool, Aqua's walking in darkness land . . and then random keyblades come and save her looking like Ven and Terra's . . so, what? What does that mean? Most things don't seem to mean anything.

And is the Aqua + DiZ scene after KHII? That would make more sense.

I need like an easy to understand outline of this crazy shit. But man, do I enjoy it.
:lol

Really fun game. The combat is perfect. The leveling is wonderful, the battle system is fluid, and the melding is engaging.

Would play again.

BRING ON KH3, please!

Mr. Wonderful said:
So what changes were made for the US release? I keep hearing about the US changes in the Final Mix thread.

Balance changes, Crown Stickers, I think there's a couple new Commands.

But the one everyone cares about is the addition of a new Secret Boss.

duckroll

They improved the graphics for certain cutscenes too, and added extra songs for the ice cream minigame, an extra track for the racing minigame, and a Pete D-link.

Volcynika

Ok, I'm at the final dungeon for Aqua (last character for me before final story), now do I need to hold off so I can fight all the secret bosses, or can I go ahead and finish her story?

Jeels

duckroll said:
They improved the graphics for certain cutscenes too, and added extra songs for the ice cream minigame, an extra track for the racing minigame, and a Pete D-link.

We should really compile a list of all the exact differences, down to which cut scenes, which new commands, etc etc.

Peff

Jeels said:
We should really compile a list of all the exact differences, down to which cut scenes, which new commands, etc etc.

The ones I remember...

- Mysterious Figure boss added.
- Two new keyblades, Void Gear and No Name, obtained after defeating the secret bosses.
- Three new songs for the Ice Cream mini-game (Destiny Island, Hand in Hand, Gumi Blast).
- 20 collectable Crown Stickers for each character.
- Skull Command Board.
- A new command, Union Rush. Mega Flare takes longer to reload.
- Sora and Riku now have better face models.
- Pete is now a D-Link.
- Critical Mode added, the player deals half the damage while the enemies deal double.
- Some trophies have different requirements: Taking 9.999 steps is now 99.999 steps and "Complete the game under 80 hours" is now "Play for over 80 hours".
- A new race track based on Disney Castle added, plus I think the third track is also new.
- Bug fixes (mostly being able to return to certain places to get the chests).

EDIT: Also, uh, censorship. The Queen now throws a flash to the mirror and Braig uses his US KH2 weapons. Not sure if they changed anything else.

Volcynika

Woo, beat it earlier. Since I did an all critical mode run, got the secret movie as well. Not going to bother with the secret bosses though :lol

Top Bottom