• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It All Began With... Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep |OT|

Peff said:
The ones I remember...

EDIT: Also, uh, censorship. The Queen now throws a flask to the mirror and Braig uses his US KH2 weapons. Not sure if they changed anything else.

I don't think that's 'censorship' so much as 'making the scene make marginally more sense'.

In the JPN version she
just somehow gets angry enough for her... um, anger to possess the mirror and force him to fight anyway.

After playing Ventus for over fifteen hours and getting to level thirty, I think it's time I finish this damn thing so I can get on with the rest of the game.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Ahh, about to finish the game up.
I'm pretty sure I'm just about done, since I have all of the trinities, dalmatians, and Colosseum championship cups. I'm pretty sure I've just saved at the final save spot, since the game was kind enough to tell me that I've basically hit the point of no return.

Too tired for what will surely be a gauntlet of last boss fights, but I'll have this one done (on Expert difficulty) by this time tomorrow, at the latest!

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
So do you really have to finish the ice cream mini-game with Ventus? Because I made maybe 3 mistakes and my ice cream was 3m and I received the result: good. But that still wasn't enough, euuggh =(

Kingsora said:
So do you really have to finish the ice cream mini-game with Ventus? Because I made maybe 3 mistakes and my ice cream was 3m and I received the result: good. But that still wasn't enough, euuggh =(
It is required to clear Disney Town, yes.

Kingsora

ShockingAlberto said:
It is required to clear Disney Town, yes.
And if you don't finish the mini-game, you can't clear Disney Town and you can't progress in the game, right?

Mr_Brit

Banned
Kingsora said:
And if you don't finish the mini-game, you can't clear Disney Town and you can't progress in the game, right?
Right. Hands down the hardest part of the game and I've cleared both Terra and Ventus' stories.

Kingsora

Mr_Brit said:
Right. Hands down the hardest part of the game and I've cleared both Terra and Ventus' stories.
Dear god, I am never going to finish this game =(

We can tell who in this thread have never played EBA or Ouendan. :lol

If audio cues aren't helping, wait until the shrinking circle is just inside the marker before hitting the button.

wow...I had read on here how hard this ice cream minigame was and was dreading it. Ended up doing it last night - beat it my first go with a fantastic rating :lol . THEN I went through and did 4 more songs on beginner and Master. Step ya game up guys, jeez. :lol

I got distracted at first my the three ducks jumping and flipping around. >_>

But once I started focusing, it was an incredibly simple rhythm minigame.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Man I just cleared
Stitch's world
in Terra's story. That boss was a BITCH. By far the most tires it took me to get him. I do like in this game how your skill and your command deck decides the match, and not power leveling. This game requires you to be good in certain fights. It's a bit frustrating but very rewarding once you finally get it down!

Such a fun game, I'm already enjoying this game more than any of the other games and I'm not even .3333333 of the way through the entire game yet! :lol

Kingsora

xKilltheMx said:
wow...I had read on here how hard this ice cream minigame was and was dreading it. Ended up doing it last night - beat it my first go with a fantastic rating :lol . THEN I went through and did 4 more songs on beginner and Master. Step ya game up guys, jeez. :lol
I had to do it about 20 times, before I could do it, without making any mistakes :p

xKilltheMx said:
Just beat Ventus Story....dude wtf was that shit for an ending? I HAVE to play Aqua's now to understand all this malarkey.
All three games play pretty differently and have different boss fights and different stories yes. You've only played a third of the game, what's there to complain about?

Kingsora

Fighting, what I presume is Ven's final boss, and again I get my ass kicked :lol

badcrumble said:
All three games play pretty differently and have different boss fights and different stories yes. You've only played a third of the game, what's there to complain about?

I already beat Terra dude.
Wtf was that ending for Ventus regardless?
What the hell was he floating around for and wtf was that shit about him saying "finally I found the light" or whatever the fuck he said. And Why did Vanitas look like damn Sora with black hair and the x-blade look like a split regular keyblade that sora used =/. I guess thats supposed to mean that sora is the only xblade holder? uggh

Kingsora said:
Fighting, what I presume is Ven's final boss, and again I get my ass kicked :lol

Haha dude do you have the Faith and Transcedence commands? As well as fire glide. makes it easy as hell.

xKilltheMx said:
Wtf was that ending for Ventus regardless?
What the hell was he floating around for and wtf was that shit about him saying "finally I found the light" or whatever the fuck he said. And Why did Vanitas look like damn Sora with black hair and the x-blade look like a split regular keyblade that sora used =/. I guess thats supposed to mean that sora is the only xblade holder? uggh
1. If you want to know why he was floating around, play Aqua's story. When Ventus is fight Vanitas in his heart, Aqua was fighting Ventus/Vanitas at the same time. When Ventus destroyed the X-Blade in his heart, Aqua destroyed the X-Blade in the real world. It caused a huge explosion and sent Aqua, Ventus and Mickey into the interspace.
2. For him finding the light, finish all three stories and the final episode. He was returning to Sora's heart.
3.The reason he looks like Sora is because after Xehanort extracted Ventus' darkness way back when to create Vanitas, it left Ventus comatose and weak. When Sora was just born he came to Ventus' heart to help heal him and fill up that broken part. Since Sora ended up replacing Vanitas in Ventus' heart, Vanitas ended up looking like an evil older Sora.
4. The X-Blade looks like that because...I don't know. The Kingdom Key is special or something.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
So any real benefit to doing online stuff? Any neat Commands or something that you can get from it? I did one Versus combat today in Ad-Hoc Party. It was meh okay, not bad but not something that I will ever come back to playing.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
So I'm getting ready to go into the final area,
Keyblade Graveyard
in Terra's story. What level should I be for the end game?

... and is doing Area Challenges a good way to level up for end game or is it best to grind somewhere else for levels and Command level ups?

Phenomic

Adam Prime said:
So I'm getting ready to go into the final area,
Keyblade Graveyard
in Terra's story. What level should I be for the end game?

... and is doing Area Challenges a good way to level up for end game or is it best to grind somewhere else for levels and Command level ups?

What difficulty level are you playing on? Also I found that level was not so much of an issue it was more having the necessary upgrades, Once More, Second Chance, Leaf Braclet etc. I would also have a good handle on blocking.

Pretty sure the arena doesn't actually level you up(you can buy some nice things once you have enough medals though).

Speaking of which, I beat all of the races yesterday. First three were pretty easy, fourth was kinda annoying.

Finally really got a hang of the command board too, you just gotta remember to use your deck skills.

Oh, yeah and being good at blocking is mandatory for Terra's final boss.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Phenomic said:
What difficulty level are you playing on? Also I found that level was not so much of an issue it was more having the necessary upgrades, Once More, Second Chance, Leaf Braclet etc. I would also have a good handle on blocking.

Yeah I have all those skills, and I'm playing on Proud. I think I'm on Lv 29, real close to thirty.

Phenomic

Adam Prime said:
Yeah I have all those skills, and I'm playing on Proud. I think I'm on Lv 29, real close to thirty.

I was somewhere around 32-34 so even at 29 I think you should be alright. Like we've stressed if you can block and not screw it up you can beat him, and with those things in place even if you do screw it up you have fail safes, without these he would just eat your face like he did to me over and over and over. Went back and got all those upgrades and I one shot him.

sciplore

Fimbulvetr said:
Pretty sure the arena doesn't actually level you up(you can buy some nice things once you have enough medals though).

Speaking of which, I beat all of the races yesterday. First three were pretty easy, fourth was kinda annoying.

Finally really got a hang of the command board too, you just gotta remember to use your deck skills.

Learning this the hard way fuck.

Jerk

Banned
Fimbulvetr said:

Nonsense; not sucking at dashing and having a half decent deck are all that you need.

And patience. You need lots of patience.

NTom64

Finished it earlier today, probably my favourite KH game to date.

Adjusting to Aqua's gameplay was a bitch, though. Luckily that block/blast move of hers works wonders on the true Final Boss.

Having issues as Aqua with Vanitas in Neverland; should I really take my time getting much more commands & some experience? Still wondering how some people managed to beat certain stories in half the time if not less on critical.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I played KH1 and enjoyed it, and that's it.

Worth taking a look at this?

Top Bottom