• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Italy: Police Broke Up a Drug-Fueled Vatican Priest Orgy (not The Onion)

From Vice

Monsignor The Pope is reportedly "fuming" after cops allegedly busted up a Vatican based, drug fueled, gay sex orgy in the apartment of a high-ranking priest.

As first reported by Il Fatto Quotidiano, Police raided the apartment after the neighbours complained of odd behaviour and the "comings and goings" of the people into the apartment. Once in the home they reportedly found a drug-fueled gay-sex orgy.

The Italian newspaper reported that the Pope was infuriated upon hearing of the broken up orgy.

The organizer of the shindig was a 50-year-old aide to Cardinal Francesco Coccopalmerio—the president of many congregations including the Pontifical Council for Legislative Texts—named Luigi Capozzi. Coccopalmerio is a heavy hitter in the church being one of the Pope's key advisors—he was appointed by Pope Benedict in 2007.

excommunicate me if old

Volimar

No kids involved. That's a plus, eh Pope?

Hope this doesn't lead to him hardening his stance on homosexuality.

GavinUK86

giphy.gif

Mikef2000

Was the Pope fuming because cops broke it up, because the orgy took place, or because there were drugs involved? The article is not clear on why he was fuming.

I hoped they searched the apartment hardcore. Who knows what depravity they might have in a secret room or basement.

What the fuck is with Catholic Priests and general hypocrisy and much much worse?

I think those kind of positions are attractive to perverts right?

I don't mean to say engaging in gay sex is perverse. Just the whole pedo vibe they give off.

I wouldn't leave any kind of kid alone with a catholic priest ever. I'd rather send them alone into a dodgy neighbourhood.

I hoped they searched the apartment hardcore. Who knows what depravity they might have in a secret room or basement.

What the fuck is with Catholic Priests and general hypocrisy and much much worse?

They have to shut down their sexual side in their prime.

Gattsu25

Banned
They have to shut down their sexual side in their prime.

Yeah, mandated celibacy has always been a HORRID idea.

In a similar way that abstinence-based sex ed results in more pregnancies.. mandated celibacy doesn't stop people from having hormones it just prevents them from having open relationships.

They should have this orgy in Vatican City limits instead then Italy. They would never have been raised by Italy police and the Gendarmerie Corps would totally ignore this.

CHC

I mean, there are no kids and I feel like it's kind of an open secret many of these priests are gay, so whatever. Can't really be outraged, so... hope they had a good time I guess?

Fuchsdh

In a similar way that abstinence-based sex ed results in more pregnancies.. mandated celibacy doesn't stop people from having hormones it just prevents them from having open relationships.

The idea that mandated celibacy creates a bunch of pedo priests doesn't make any sort of sense, though. At best, it makes a certain sense, especially in culturally conservative parts of the world, that gay men would join the priesthood as it avoids other social pressures.

I don't mean to say engaging in gay sex is perverse. Just the whole pedo vibe they give off.

I wouldn't leave any kind of kid alone with a catholic priest ever. I'd rather send them alone into a dodgy neighbourhood.

You don't mean to say engaging in gay sex is perverse, but you're the one who jumped from "they're having gay sex" to "they must have children chained up in some hidden room like the plot to a potboiler". So call me skeptical.

watershed

Banned
Least surprising thing I've read today. Next we're gonna learn that sexual abuse of minors is still rampant in the church.

when i scanned over the title to this thread i thought a for a second that a new My Life With the Thrill Kill Kult album was announced, damn

tbm24

Gotta say, I wonder what Vatican priest aides and the invited listen to during a drug fueled orgy that is loud enough to disturb the neighbors.

Its not like you are forced at gunpoint to take the vows, and its not like you cant get out at anytime.

Gattsu25

Banned
The idea that mandated celibacy creates a bunch of pedo priests doesn't make any sort of sense, though.
Not saying that. I'd wager that twisted power fantasies (from people in a position of societal advantage who have the means to abuse the defenseless) have much more to do with that.

Isotropy

Let's face it, a few more orgies between consenting adults would do a world of good for any religion, not least the Catholic Church.

~Kinggi~

Banned
It's all adults and they all consented. Live and let live, my dudes.

yeah not really, see this type of shit is the hypocritical crap these "priests" protest against and poison the masses with their brainwash bullshit. Need to make as big a stink about this shit as possible.

Top Bottom