• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

J-Stars Victory VS |OT| - No friendship or effort, only victory here

...There are people still reading Bleach!?

I'm kidding of course, but I lost interest and stopped reading after that whole Fullbring arc. Though you're absolutely right, she has been useless for some time. I like her more than Ichigo, for whatever that's worth.

I mentioned it on the last page but I'll say it again... I know D.Gray-man isn't even a SJ manga anymore, but man, it was decently big in Japan when it was. Bumping Allen Walker to playable and maybe making Lenalee support, since they were both playable in the DS games, wouldn't have been too much to ask. I mean, we have Medaka. Why do we have Medaka and not them? :( They were really generous with all the other franchises... Tsuna, for example, was a surprise to say the least.

...Are you really asking why Medaka is in the game? She's one of the most powerful females in Jump (maybe the strongest) and has a lot of sex appeal. When you look at the fact that we only have 3 playable females in the whole roster, Medaka was a total no brainer.

The DS games came out years ago and D.Grayman lost a ton of popularity since it became a monthly series. Allen was fortunate to get in. And this is a personal opinion but since Lenalee lost her hair her character seriously fell into the pits. One of the saddest character assassinations I've seen in shounen.

...There are people still reading Bleach!?

I'm kidding of course, but I lost interest and stopped reading after that whole Fullbring arc. Though you're absolutely right, she has been useless for some time. I like her more than Ichigo, for whatever that's worth.

I mentioned it on the last page but I'll say it again... I know D.Gray-man isn't even a SJ manga anymore, but man, it was decently big in Japan when it was. Bumping Allen Walker to playable and maybe making Lenalee support, since they were both playable in the DS games, wouldn't have been too much to ask. I mean, we have Medaka. Why do we have Medaka and not them? :( They were really generous with all the other franchises... Tsuna, for example, was a surprise to say the least.

I'm not a fan of Medaka either, but a lot of people are. So her inclusion is acceptable. I'm also part of the Allen Walker would have been a great playable character group, along with Bossun from Sket Dance. There's only one character that I dislike in the roster, and I'm guessing many people do as well. Taro Yamada. I know fans in Japan probably like him, since some of them probably read it. For people like me who don't know much about him, and only can see little bits of who he is. Can't say I'm a fan.

From the pics I've seen of his manga, and his backstory. He is a character I wouldn't like anyways. Poop jokes, and gross humor isn't my thing and that seems to be most of the humor from his manga. I probably shouldn't be saying this since I just came from playing South Park The Stick of Truth, but I didn't even like the humor in South Park. I mostly liked every other joke in the game, except the farting/poop jokes. So I didn't like Taro's inclusion.

I was also skeptical about Luckyman, but I got over it after reading about him. He's pretty funny, and I like his goofy design.

baekshi

Banned
Nippon Yasan preorder as well, not yet shipped as well. Think they basically ship when the deadline they set is up, probs not the most efficient of preorder delivery system tbh.

I'm never ordering from them ever again.

They say they ship their pre orders day one- bs.

I'm never ordering from them ever again.

They say they ship their pre orders day one- bs.
Give them a benefit of doubt for now and we shall see if they ship tomorrow/later (Japan's already the 19th). And if they really are shipping a day late then they've lost you as a customer.

FYC

Banned
The DS games came out years ago and D.Grayman lost a ton of popularity since it became a monthly series. Allen was fortunate to get in. And this is a personal opinion but since Lenalee lost her hair her character seriously fell into the pits. One of the saddest character assassinations I've seen in shounen.

Correct, unfortunately. I'm very glad he managed to make it in as support.

baekshi

Banned
It's not even day one. lol They operate in Japan so it's only about 7AM there.
:/
They didn't ship my last game day one that I pre-ordered and told me after they shipped it that they weren't going to send me the bonus item because they didn't have enough but I questioned them about it when it was late and they said would ship with it.

And when I wanted to cancel, get it from somewhere else - I had to pay back for shipping and they wouldn't refund shipping either. So I dropped it, I knew I shouldn't have, should have charged them back for not delivering full order or refunding and cancel all orders together

Give them a benefit of doubt for now and we shall see if they ship tomorrow/later (Japan's already the 19th). And if they really are shipping a day late then they've lost you as a customer.

I'll wait but likely my last order with them unless it their 48 hour really works these days.

meh all the import sites are sold out right now. should i go amazon, or will the other sites like play asia restock once the game is out?

J-Stars Victory VS is now available on JP PSN.

It's 3.7GB

I've been waiting all day for my order to be updated on Play-Asia, and it got updated in a way I didn't want to hear. It still says "preparing order," but under it says "More stock is expected to come on Mar 20, 2014."

Yikes. I pre-ordered in February, so I didn't expect to get hit with a restock.

FYC

Banned
Vita version is apparently 1.7 GB

How to buy on PS3

From the main store menu click on the one under welcome. Then click ps3, then the second tab, then the second tab again. It should be there

Holy fuckkkkk it's happening

L Thammy

I don't think it's entirely fair to compare the cast of this game to Jump Ultimate Stars. It's the first Jump game by this dev and it's not like they were just translating DS assets over. There's no reason that a character that is in the DS games has to be in this game.

Besides that, this has around the same number of characters as Supersupers, and Superstars also largely focused on current series of the time.

so to get this you just need to make a japanese psn account and then get wallet funds right? i have a japanese account i made way back when type-0 came out but i dont have any funds. im guessing the japanese store doesnt take dollars?

I assume you'd have to go to lengths to get funds into the JP PSN wallet right?

Otherwise I'd be all over that.

I ordered 2 from Play-asia and have been off and on about it, since it came out to nearly $180.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
so to get this you just need to make a japanese psn account and then get wallet funds right? i have a japanese account i made way back when type-0 came out but i dont have any funds. im guessing the japanese store doesnt take dollars?
There's places online (like Play-Asia) where you can order PSN cards for the JPN store and they'll e-mail you the code. I'm pretty sure US debit/credit cards won't work on the JPN PS Store, though if someone wants to correct me on that, go ahead.

There's places online (like Play-Asia) where you can order PSN cards for the JPN store and they'll e-mail you the code. I'm pretty sure US debit/credit cards won't work on the JPN PS Store, though if someone wants to correct me on that, go ahead.

I'm assuming that JP games downloaded through the network would work the same as demos and are able to be played on any PSN account on the PS3 after being downloaded?

I'm assuming that JP games downloaded through the network would work the same as demos and are able to be played on any PSN account on the PS3 after being downloaded?
Yep, unless the game is region locked(happened... twice, and this isn't locked) or sometimes if the game has an online pass(again, this does not).

FYC

Banned
Yeah, I went with PA not too long ago. Downloading now!

I read that if you login and go online you'll get a few bonus coins to spend in the store.

Aaaand installed. Here we go! I haven't been this excited for a game since Brawl. Holy smokes.

im watching some gameplay vids, and noticed in one that there are 2 songs that play during matches. BGM, and another that plays when you use your victory burst. In the vid i saw it looked like the intrumental theme for Fighting Stars is the default song to play during victory bursts. Im assuming that this can be modified/customized which is really hyping me up. I can already picture goku and vegeta going super saiyan as the SSJ Vegeta theme kicks in, or Gon and Killua charging their nen to the awsome intro of Hunting for Your Dream

FYC

Banned
Okay, so all battle characters seem to cost 2500 JP, and you have 10k JP to start(11k if you hit the online menu)

Supports are 2k

Seems you can only buy 2 to start with. SteelBallJack says:

If you keep playing J-Adventure the amount of characters you can buy will increase.
It is pretty random as when you start its 2 but keep on playing and it grows!
I guess its a system that allows you to keep playing the story to increase the amount you cans play and not just go for multiplayer from the get go!!

Oh yeah, I see now. There's a number under the character portraits in the shop. You start with 2. I guess one could think of these as tokens to unlock more.

im watching some gameplay vids, and noticed in one that there are 2 songs that play during matches. BGM, and another that plays when you use your victory burst. In the vid i saw it looked like the intrumental theme for Fighting Stars is the default song to play during victory bursts. Im assuming that this can be modified/customized which is really hyping me up. I can already picture goku and vegeta going super saiyan as the SSJ Vegeta theme kicks in, or Gon and Killua charging their nen to the awsome intro of Hunting for Your Dream

Yup, the victory burst song can be modified. In this Bobobo video, the BGM is Baka Survivor. When he goes to victory burst mode (at 1:36), the BGM changes to "Guts." I've also heard a few people turn it into the J-Stars song with voice.

FYC

Banned
Gintoki, you can buy Oga from the very beginning if you'd like! Woohoo!

Having a hard time deciding who I should buy for my first 2. Hrmm...

Luigi87

I want this, but I definitely want impressions first...
Watching Brett's (Unlimited Brett Works) stream of the game atm.

mujun

It's 3.7GB

I've been waiting all day for my order to be updated on Play-Asia, and it got updated in a way I didn't want to hear. It still says "preparing order," but under it says "More stock is expected to come on Mar 20, 2014."

You probably still made it into the first shipment.

I had the same thing happen to me with South Park a few weeks ago and it then when on to become order shipped a few hours later.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag

It's 3.7GB

My order says that too. The game page also says stock is expected to arrive on 3/20. Guess there was a delay, but that could change by tomorrow. Note that 3/20 is HK time and it's already 12 noon on 3/19 there.

FYC

Banned
Played a match in free battle. I have no idea what I'm doing, but it was fun! Namek was the stage. Got a bit of framerate drop when the environment was taking damage, but besides that, ran smoothly. Madara is a blast to use.

Need more menu translations. In the meantime, I'll be messin' with all the characters in free mode and figuring out how this game works.

You probably still made it into the first shipment.

I had the same thing happen to me with South Park a few weeks ago and it then when on to become order shipped a few hours later.

I hope this is the case. The sooner I can play the game, the better.

My order says that too. The game page also says stock is expected to arrive on 3/20. Guess there was a delay, but that could change by tomorrow. Note that 3/20 is HK time and it's already 12 noon on 3/19 there.

So hopefully by morning my order changes. This is my first import so I hope it's satisfactory.

EDIT: Both of you were right. Literally seconds later, my order changed to "Packing Order." Sweet! Now I'm not worried anymore, just waiting. Which is half the battle, lol.

wiibomb

I preordered this game from nippon yasan 2 days ago, don't know how efficient they are with preorders but I didn't want to pay the rip-off from play-asia, the prices were quite different.

but as a matter of reference from the future, which online store would you recomend for preorders? that does not have the ridiculous prices from play-asia, of course

mankoto

I preordered this game from nippon yasan 2 days ago, don't know how efficient they are with preorders but I didn't want to pay the rip-off from play-asia, the prices were quite different.

but as a matter of reference from the future, which online store would you recomend for preorders? that does not have the ridiculous prices from play-asia, of course
I personally recommend amiami for preorder. They sell items at a small discount with the trade-off being that they have limited quantities and are known to not restock often. So once it's gone, it's gone. Also, they aren't to keen on you cancelling preorders. So be wary of that. So much so that seriously suggest you don't do it at all.

baekshi

Banned
Well, FUCK nippon-yasan. Don't order from them guys :/

I'm not buying this shit
Yoann: We have a lot of orders on this product your order was made in the last one
your order will be ship between tomorrow and monday

So after that I talked about how my last order went, how incompetent they were on last order on shipping pre-order bonus, though I admitted I did order it late however they still refuse that bonus item which is inside the case of game was never part of my order. I asked them before they shipped it, they told me they will send bonus item but after shipping it, they told me they didn't have it or sent it. I asked to cancel back then, wouldn't do a full refund. Like I said in other post.

I should disputed the charge back then and cancelled my J-Stars also.

Now they cancelled my J-Stars which I didn't ask for, so be it that way.

Such a scam.

FYC

Banned
so on average how long does it take for play asia to email you the psn card codes?

It's usually pretty quick. Shouldn't be more than an hour.

The story mode seems pretty doable so far without being able to read Japanese, but someone on Gamefaqs said it gets a bit tougher to navigate later on. Translation is in the works, hopefully it'll be up soon. Already unlocked 8 characters!

Top Bottom