• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| Big Month John

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Remember when WCW used to show clips of the PPV on Nitro?

Now all WWE shows, if anything, is still images. And I feel like they barely even show any import to the previous PPVs other than mentioning results on commentary. Makes it feel as if none of it matters.

Sephzilla

Alright everyone, official update to the Avatar Rumble start time. This isn't set in stone yet but this is what I'm going with for now.

January 27th on twitch.tv/sephzilla at 8:00 PM Eastern Time (5:00 PM Pacific)

Remember when WCW used to show clips of the PPV on Nitro?

Now all WWE shows, if anything, is still images. And I feel like they barely even show any import to the previous PPVs other than mentioning results on commentary. Makes it feel as if none of it matters.
Cause none of it does matter. Nothing matters

Entropia

No One Remembers
Alright everyone, official update to the Avatar Rumble start time. This isn't set in stone yet but this is what I'm going with for now.

I can't wait for everyone to be rocking Big Show or Archibald Peck avatars agaiN!

Menome

I still sub to the Network because weekly NXT is still worth it for me, alongside the PPVs and archive content. Plus, if this rumoured addition of Progress content happens then I'll keep subbing for that.

Aiii

So not worth it
I cancelled my Network subscription like a month ago. I might renew for the Rumble but I don't know yet.

I originally intended to come back to wrestling in January, but yeah that didn't happen. The Rumble doesn't seem to have much must-see stuff other than the Rumble match itself and that hasn't exactly been delivering for years. The only other match that could be good is Cena verse Styles.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
In all honesty, I don't think there's very many PPVs that WWE has shown this year that were so bad they had nothing enjoyable on them at all. Roadblock 2 was probably the worst one of the year, but they ran TLC in the same month which had a couple of fun matches.

I mean, if you took all the posts here at face value, WWE's existence *really* rustles peoples' jimmies, but I don't buy it.

Guys, what if during the rumble this theme hits?

And no I totally didn't just have this track enter my mind for the first time in years mere minutes ago and thought "before I carry on Yakuza 0 I'm going to quickly detour to wrasslegaf and subject them to this"

Aiii

So not worth it
Ineligible, if I'm not mistaken? Seph?

Also, Aiii - that's an awesome Danson gif. He has great potential to follow in the footsteps of our beloved Guy Fieri.

Watch The Good Place, trust me.

In all honesty, I don't think there's very many PPVs that WWE has shown this year that were so bad they had nothing enjoyable on them at all. Roadblock 2 was probably the worst one of the year, but they ran TLC in the same month which had a couple of fun matches.

I mean, if you took all the posts here at face value, WWE's existence *really* rustles peoples' jimmies, but I don't buy it.

For me the problem is that I was watching maybe one, max two matches per PPV, and even then I barely cared. That's not good enough, esp. when you start to do two of them a month.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I never thought I'd say this

but man I love watching Lashley's promos. I honestly think he is the easiest wrestler to get behind in TNA. His character is confident but has earned every bit of it. He comes off as a hard-worker but still maintains the heel role by acting above everyone else. Not because he's arrogant but because he's proven he's above it.

miserable

that's like 3 AM here lol. no way I'm waking up to watch it

I originally intended to come back to wrestling in January, but yeah that didn't happen. The Rumble doesn't seem to have much must-see stuff other than the Rumble match itself and that hasn't exactly been delivering for years. The only other match that could be good is Cena verse Styles.
You've got a good point, which is why I'm still not sure if I actually will renew my subscription.

imBask

Banned

my problem is more with the fact that the tolerance is incredibly high for wrestling, probably the highest of any media or sports

I don't know any other show who can afford to be that bad for so long with so little to offer and still have so many people give them money

miserable

16230643_181508045663973_3875610906876444672_n.jpg

poor Saku

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
my problem is more with the fact that the tolerance is incredibly high for wrestling, probably the highest of any media or sports

I don't know any other show who can afford to be that bad for so long with so little to offer and still have so many people give them money

The bigger problem is that the internet wrestling community is incredibly toxic and gets off on being as negative as possible while bizarrely continuing to consume the product. It's either disingenuous or the wrestling community is full of intellectually bankrupt folks.

If I actively don't like a thing and want to argue its been bad for "so long" I don't consume that product or watch it. I stopped enjoying Walking Dead several seasons ago. I stopped watching it or participating in threads about it. I pulled out my Wii U to play Twilight Princess HD the other day and it had a millimeter of dust on it because I never played it. That doesn't mean I spent a bunch of time in the Wii U threads on gaming side buying every game and complaining they sucked. I just stopped playing it or thinking about it.

Despite how many people claim to like wrestling and hate WWE in particular, there's a pretty scant amount of actual discussion about the alternatives to that particular promotion.

I'm doing my part by not giving them anything they want/need. Taking advantage of free trials they beg lapsed subs to take only benefits them if it results in paid subs after they expire, and post-Trump, they're not getting that from me.

I plan on subbing to competitors including 1 or 2 PivotShare services and DDT Universe in February, also doing monthly donations to ACLU, the Trevor Project, and Planned Parenthood. Fuck Trump and fuck HHH

The bigger problem is that the internet wrestling community is incredibly toxic and gets off on being as negative as possible while bizarrely continuing to consume the product. It's either disingenuous or the wrestling community is full of intellectually bankrupt folks.

If I actively don't like a thing and want to argue its been bad for "so long" I don't consume that product or watch it. I stopped enjoying Walking Dead several seasons ago. I stopped watching it or participating in threads about it. I pulled out my Wii U to play Twilight Princess HD the other day and it had a millimeter of dust on it because I never played it. That doesn't mean I spent a bunch of time in the Wii U threads on gaming side buying every game and complaining they sucked. I just stopped playing it or thinking about it.

Despite how many people claim to like wrestling and hate WWE in particular, there's a pretty scant amount of actual discussion about the alternatives to that particular promotion.

There's quite a bit of NJPW discussion.

Angry Grimace

They need to bring back Taste of Tenille.

I mean, I don't know who "they" is given that I think it was Emma's personal project.

UUDD isn't run by WWE either, they just gave it exposure after Xavier turned it into a success on his own.

There's quite a bit of NJPW discussion.

Correction: there's quite a bit of NJPW discussion when Wrestle Kingdom or G1 happens. Bootay by himself doesn't really count.

Angry Grimace

I'm actually surprised WWE hasn't tried to annex UUDD like they did with Zack Ryder's stuff

They do a little bit of cross-promotion with it, but they don't actively involve themselves or manage it because UUDD's product inherently revolves around using other IPs and doing streams of games is already a bit dicey from a legal standpoint. Xavier doing it for himself (while WWE takes a little of the credit they don't deserve) is a lot less complicated than WWE doing it actively as cross-promotion for themselves.

Top Bottom