• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| Big Month John

C248WZYXAAAWIDX.jpg:small

cool, cool cool cool

Tom Nook

During the Roman vs KO match, Jericho will be suspended in a shark cage above the ring.

Jericho still up in the shark cage while the rumble match is on-going. When it's Jericho's time in the rumble match, the cage lowers into the ring but refuses to get out of the cage - he's pretty much safe in there.

Book Jericho winning the rumble while still being in the shark cage.

korly

In case it hasn't already been mentioned here: DDT Universe works with the Xbox One Edge web browser. NJPW World still doesn't.

During the Roman vs KO match, Jericho will be suspended in a shark cage above the ring.

Jericho still up in the shark cage while the rumble match is on-going. When it's Jericho's time in the rumble match, the cage lowers into the ring but refuses to get out of the cage - he's pretty much safe in there.

Book Jericho winning the rumble while still being in the shark cage.
!!!!!!

Oh man

Koko

Banned
Just to name a few

Continuing to overpay for each episode of taping which crippled their budget and gave them less leverage to work with when it came to resigning talent like Ricochet, who bolted
Continued drama with AAA which affected both companies' relationships with other talent like Sexy Star and Pentagon
Continued overvaluing of their own product leading to them resisting low deals from the only places they got offers from like Netflix, which would have significantly and immediately boosted their audience and benefited them in numerous ways if accepted

Dave just did a big article on this stuff like a week or two ago that gets a lot more in depth about a lot more issues, including legitimately putting hope into fucking movies
Didn't knew about the Netflix negotiations, I would look up the article later today.

Remember when WCW used to show clips of the PPV on Nitro?

Now all WWE shows, if anything, is still images. And I feel like they barely even show any import to the previous PPVs other than mentioning results on commentary. Makes it feel as if none of it matters.
Yeah, WCW started doing it and then WWE eventually started doing it too to keep up. It seems like after WCW was no long around they went back to just images because they really wanted to get people to buy the replay of a show everyone would know the results to already. It's probably the same mentality that is keeping them from going back to clips.
Roman's twitter makes me feel like he could be an amazing heel.
Damn near every interview I've seen/heard with him says the same thing. It's maddening that he isn't but I got a feeling that those marks who don't like his push and boo him for it instead of just being silent would start cheering soon after he turned.
Who remembers the late 90s early 2000s online "personalities" that wrote about wrestling? Scott keith, Rick Scaia ("The Rick"), etc?

Who was the most embarrassing and why was it scott keith?

Also Rd Reynolds doesn't get nearly enough credit for keeping the true shit of shit from the wwe alive in our hearts and minds before it was so freely available to watch on the Internet

I use to go to Wrestle Crap two or three times a week starting from way back when RD's original partner Merle Vincent was pretty much the main guy running it in those early days (IIRC) and chatted and exchanged e-mails with him here and there up until he committed suicide. The last few years, pretty much since the relaunch, I've lost touch with it outside a accidental visit here and there.

Despite how many people claim to like wrestling and hate WWE in particular, there's a pretty scant amount of actual discussion about the alternatives to that particular promotion.

WrassleGAF has never been the easiest place to talk about non-WWE promotions, you have to go out of your way to find the posts you may have missed amidst a sea of WWE talk. Easier to find discussion on twitter or a forum better suited to non-WWE discussion, like Voices of Wrestling. But the reality is that the majority of those who complain about WWE online aren't interested in watching anything else, because it's more about the format and the presentation than it is the actual wrestling.

*edit, and accessibility, evidently;

Is there a PS4/Xbox One/Amazon Fire app for New Japanese Wrestle Sport yet?

It drives me up a wall how long it took them to realize how charismatic Kofi and company are, and it still drives me up a wall that they managed to make Reigns look so uncharismatic in the ring when he is immensely likable elsewhere.

Really just goes down to an awful script and booking for Reigns. Dude is a money heel but I can see why they're stubborn about it cause he could get cheered because he'll be good at what he does. If it was my call I would turn him but y'know...I get it :/

Tagyhag

Man I haven't been this hyped for a Rumble since before I stopped watching in '05.

I just really hope they don't fuck up the ending.

Don't get catty with me, British Monsoon.

In all seriousness, I don't think an app is ever coming unless NJPW World gets a few hundred thousand more subscribers. Which it probably won't. The costs of developing one are high, and that's even assuming MS/Sony would be interested. Chromecast works OK though.

The accessibility thing (while perfectly understandable from a consumer standpoint) is always going to be kinda galling because independent wrestling has never been more accessible than it is today. Wrestling fans looking alternatives 10, 20, 30+ years ago had to go to such lengths, comparatively - now we can watch the entire freaking G1 tournament live online every year. 20 years ago you'd be lucky if you got to see the finals months and months after the fact. I feel old.

Kane deserves a rumble win and that's a shoot.

Not in 2017
I agree with both these statements, I am conflicted.

Then again I'm hedging my bets on the lesser brother of destruction to win this year so...

Wasn't that the one where 3 surprises were the commentators going in and quickly getting eliminated to get back on commentary

I think that was 2012, aka the drizzling shits rumble.
EYzAa.gif

Not to be confused with JBL entering in 2013

Rutti

Did you guy do the Carny of the Year and etc voting for the 2016? If you did, where can I find it? I haven't posted or read wrasslingaf for a while but I am interested in that.

In all seriousness, I don't think an app is ever coming unless NJPW World gets a few hundred thousand more subscribers. Which it probably won't. The costs of developing one are high, and that's even assuming MS/Sony would be interested. Chromecast works OK though.

The accessibility thing (while perfectly understandable from a consumer standpoint) is always going to be kinda galling because independent wrestling has never been more accessible than it is today. Wrestling fans looking alternatives 10, 20, 30+ years ago had to go to such lengths, comparatively - now we can watch the entire freaking G1 tournament live online every year. 20 years ago you'd be lucky if you got to see the finals months and months after the fact. I feel old.

My "hard to access" youth was downloading ROH shows in 10 parts off Rapidshare.

Seriously, if people are really that concerned about accessibility and ease of following, they could watch CWF: Mid-Atlantic's weekly Wednesday show on YouTube. It's in English. You just need the YouTube app or a browser. It's one hour long. It doesn't have the same old guys having the same match. It doesn't have shameless carny retcon editing to make a fan look pissed that Roman Reigns lost a match when the fan was celebrating and cheering Reigns's loss. It addresses almost every concern people gripe about with WWE, but you would never see talk about CWF: Mid-Atlantic: https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PLMIr13_npmhVaKO0II0V6XmeXaVi2bl8V&v=-oDnjL8VcJs

Top Bottom