• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| Big Month John

bwShmxF.png
No way.

Was that on the WWE website?

Zach

In all seriousness, I don't think an app is ever coming unless NJPW World gets a few hundred thousand more subscribers. Which it probably won't. The costs of developing one are high, and that's even assuming MS/Sony would be interested. Chromecast works OK though.

The accessibility thing (while perfectly understandable from a consumer standpoint) is always going to be kinda galling because independent wrestling has never been more accessible than it is today. Wrestling fans looking alternatives 10, 20, 30+ years ago had to go to such lengths, comparatively - now we can watch the entire freaking G1 tournament live online every year. 20 years ago you'd be lucky if you got to see the finals months and months after the fact. I feel old.
What's the cheapest way to go about watching the New Japan Network on my TV? Pretend like I'm willing to buy a chromebook or something. How cheap of a setup can one buy to run that stuff beautifully on the TV?

Piper is in that ep. :D

I want it to run beautifully, FlammableD! How does the chromecast doodle work?

You just plug it into an HDMI socket on your TV and set it up to connect to your network. Then click the icon on a video on NJPW world to send it to your TV in HD.

0cwWQQOl.png

Barrage

Who remembers the late 90s early 2000s online "personalities" that wrote about wrestling? Scott keith, Rick Scaia ("The Rick"), etc?

Who was the most embarrassing and why was it scott keith?

Also Rd Reynolds doesn't get nearly enough credit for keeping the true shit of shit from the wwe alive in our hearts and minds before it was so freely available to watch on the Internet

Scott Keith is definently pathetic nowadays. He is just clearly burned out on the business and WWE in particular. I guess when Benoit is your number one guy its gonna fuck you up, though.

Chris Hyatte (High-Rate!) was a better writer but a worse person imo. He was doing like a "Shock Jock of wrestling recappers" schtick, which was fairly popular. I remember he had a blog years ago and had mellowed out. Also managed to get catfished by men pretending to be Divas TWICE.

The worst was the Scotsman, and a few other guys who were were just hyper-racist and gross. The less said about them the better.

Why 1st gen chromecast? And is the performance comparable to the WWE Network?

I only suggested it cause you said cheapest, and I'd imagine it'll be cheaper, there's a newer version out that's mostly the same.

In terms of video performance, it should be as smooth as any other video on your network.

Zach

What do you mean media center pc? Like, could I get a cheapish chromebook solely for this foolishness for better performance? Or would that not be worth it?

Zach

It's true. Also I just haven't had to deal with it. Or have cared to. I'm actually quite good with new technologies. Have you seen my Avatar Rumble poster?

Why am I watching this.

Why would Reigns be pissed about getting thrown through the table when he did the exact same thing to someone a week or two ago.

gun_haver

'remember the rumble' isn't a very good tagline

just because two words start with the same letter, they don't suddenly form a clever phrase

If you never watch WWE and you happen to start watching today, you'd think Roman was the bad guy.

Oh wait, he's not a good guy, or a bad guy, but THE
Vince's
Guy.

Its almost like Owens and Jericho are popular and get cheered because they are entertaining and Reigns gets boo'd for not having a personality and being a charisma vacuum.

Top Bottom