• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| Big Month John

Becky will either be in the title match (possibly Nikki/Bliss/Mickie/Becky) or involved with Mickie in some other way.

You can quote me on that, write it down, whatever.
Agreed. Buuuuuuut also what about the Nikki Bella/Natalya match? That's definitely main card, if only because of the Bella presence. We can't have a 3 women's match main card, can we? Vince doesn't like women that much!

Agreed. Buuuuuuut also what about the Nikki Bella/Natalya match? That's definitely main card, if only because of the Bella presence. We can't have a 3 women's match main card, can we? Vince doesn't like women that much!

Nikki/Natayla will be long done by Mania. Nikki will be in the title match at WM, it's just a matter of if it's a singles or multiple person match.

Menome

I've put £5 on Cena to win on Sunday, and £5 apiece on Orton and Undertaker for winning the Rumble.

I'll make full predictions and get down to Cursing people tomorrow.

Undertaker vs
Roman Reigns
?

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh it gets more dumb.

Meltzer has said for the last few months that Undertaker vrs Reigns would be Takers last match. But they didnt know if they would do it this year or next year.

I am sure retiring one of the most loved characters is wrestling history will get Roman Reigns over. /Vince

Rimfya

Banned
You could make an argument that the years-long fascination with Regins is holding back just about everything in the main event scene. Imagine WWE without him right now.

Oh it gets more dumb.

Meltzer has said for the last few months that Undertaker vrs Reigns would be Takers last match. But they didnt know if they would do it this year or next year.

I am sure retiring one of the most loved characters is wrestling history will get Roman Reigns over. /Vince

Oh yes that will certainly get Roman over, I see no problems with this plan!

Jesus H Christ, either they're deliberately trying to sabotage Roman at this point or Vince has completely lost it

You could make an argument that the years-long fascination with Regins is holding back just about everything in the main event scene. Imagine WWE without him right now.
That's a very easy argument to make. This obsession with making everything about Roman Reigns has done a ton of damage to the product and other wrestlers. Just look at Seth.

Rimfya

Banned
That's a very easy argument to make. This obsession with making everything about Roman Reigns has done a ton of damage to the product and other wrestlers. Just look at Seth.

I can't believe how much I don't care about Rollins and Owens since the brand split.

FyreWulff

Oh it gets more dumb.

if i was
Roman Reigns I would just no show Wrestlemania at that point, because the crowds would never let me work again otherwise

Oh it gets more dumb.

What? So takers last match he's going to get beat by Reigns of all people? I'd prefer Cena and i'd still hate seeing it. Fuck me, Vince is deluded

joker3782

Neo Member
Reading that rumoured mania card makes me sick. The idea that AJ isn't anywhere near the main event scene and is rumoured to face Shane is an insult to him. He's been the top guy for the company ever since his win against cena at summerslam. Dude has been constantly putting on great matches against anyone.

And it makes me hate Roman even more. I hate the blatent special treatment this guy is getting. They've given him a rumble victory (which got booed), let him main event 2 manias in a row (which got booed), and even done what they wanted to do and let him win one of them (which also got booed) and now they wanna have him face Taker and potentially win? Thats gonna cause him to be booed for life. And unfortunately they'll keep pushing him since they'll probably think thats a good reaction because in their minds Cena gets the same boo/cheer reaction, so the same must be happening for Roman. At least turn Roman heel going into this rumoured match with Taker. It'll make the build more interesting than a face v face build or something worse like a heel taker v face Roman build (which will not work).

Aiii

So not worth it
screenshot2017-01-26ah0slu.png

I blame you for this, serena, this is your fault. Fix it.

I guess it is pretty clear Omega is going no where near WWE if he plans to make an announcement on a show with Bryan Alvarez & Dave Meltzer. That good news I guess.

I can't believe gambling on professional wrestling in 2017 is a thing.

I dunno if it still happens, but bookies here would often also provide odds on soap operas here in the UK, if they're hyping a big death or some bollocks. You could probably have gotten odds on who killed Laura Palmer or shot Mr Burns back in the day too.

It's weird I know.

Awful Mania if that card holds. AJ carried the damn company all year and he's going to be a bump fest with Shane? The rematch angle seems pretty loose too, considering we all know the champion has the rematch clause. My only guess is they book Orton and Wyatt immediately for Mania and Styles tries to get his rematch in, Shane says a Triple Threat, AJ says that's not fair so Shane says no rematch at Mania. God, I wish Bryan was good to go still.

Taker v Reigns will suck. I suspect 4-6 Superman Punches 2-4 Spears, 2-3 Chokeslams and 4-6 Thombstones.

Rimfya

Banned
So AJ/Cena would need to lose to Wyatt between now and Mania with enough time to make anyone invested in that being a rivalry and still maintaining something between Wyatt and Orton?

I dislike the idea of Wyatt, who should've got a proper push for years, just being thrown the belt into a feud they already have up and going.

It's like they have stars they know they need to push but do it at such random times. Take American Alpha, everyone knew they were great. But they just had them do nothing for months and then throw them the belt out of no where. I fear the same happening with DIY or Revival.

I feel like they didnt go with American Alpha because Slater and Rhyno got pretty over and they didnt want to risk them getting boo'd.

The execution at the end was still pretty bad though.

I dunno if it still happens, but bookies here would often also provide odds on soap operas here in the UK, if they're hyping a big death or some bollocks. You could probably have gotten odds on who killed Laura Palmer or shot Mr Burns back in the day too.

It's weird I know.

Hehe yeah that is certainly different. Gamblibg is pretty big and popular here but I cant imagine wrestling getting promoted by major gambling services.

Rimfya

Banned
I feel like they didnt go with American Alpha because Slater and Rhyno got pretty over and they didnt want to risk them getting boo'd.

The execution at the end was still pretty bad though.
Absolutely. But they could've worked that to their advantage instead of botching the lot.

So AJ/Cena would need to lose to Wyatt between now and Mania with enough time to make anyone invested in that being a rivalry and still maintaining something between Wyatt and Orton?

I dislike the idea of Wyatt, who should've got a proper push for years, just being thrown the belt into a feud they already have up and going.

Yup. Elimination Chamber. If that has to be the way it goes:
Wyatt eliminated by Orton at Rumble. Or Orton doesn't save him. Wyatt destroyed the family for Orton! He's so angry. So he wins Elimination Chamber in order to get a fight with Randy?

Rimfya

Banned
Yup. Elimination Chamber. If that has to be the way it goes:
Wyatt eliminated by Orton at Rumble. Or Orton doesn't save him. Wyatt destroyed the family for Orton! He's so angry. So he wins Elimination Chamber in order to get a fight with Randy?
Wyatt/Orton is already a good idea for a fued. But if one of them is winning the Rumble the belt has to get involved.

YesManKablaam

Neo Member

It's weird I know.

I remember when the Doctor Who reboot started, they were taking bets on the season finale as to the identity of Bad Wolf.

klonere

Banned
Ringkampf and non-EVOLVE Thatcher is in fact, very good, please understand.

Meanwhile here is Suzuki, drinking raw vodka straight from the bottle during his NJPW interivew.

C3GHAwvUcAA9_mz.jpg

gun_haver

Wyatt/Orton would be a good WWE title match for WM. Orton could use another title feud (it's been a long time, and years since he held the belt, and he's good) and it's time for Wyatt to start moving up into that area.

AJ's had the belt for 4+ months. That's a respectable run, he doesn't need to hold it forever. Yeah I'd probably rather see him defend it at Wrestlemania against somebody - preferrably not Cena though (just because it would be repetitive), but if that's not on the horizon oh well.

The only regrettable thing about AJ's run is that too much of it has been taken up by the Ellsworth stuff. It was fine at the time but in retrospect his only two opponents will have been John Cena and Ambrose. It would be good if he gets a chance to feud with the likes of Orton or Wyatt befo-oh wait, he's supposed to be a heel. I actually forgot that.

Wyatt winning the belt woild be amazing but I don't want Orton winning the rumble.

Also Vince please. Turning Roman heel by having Taker beat him and after it Roman spears Taker when he tries shaking hands is the way to go.

If Roman vs Taker doesn't result in a massive heel turn for Reings then someone need to launch a coup because Vince will have finally 200% lost it.

Wyatt/Orton would be a good WWE title match for WM. Orton could use another title feud (it's been a long time, and years since he held the belt, and he's good) and it's time for Wyatt to start moving up into that area.

AJ's had the belt for 4+ months. That's a respectable run, he doesn't need to hold it forever. Yeah I'd probably rather see him defend it at Wrestlemania against somebody - preferrably not Cena though (just because it would be repetitive), but if that's not on the horizon oh well.

The only regrettable thing about AJ's run is that too much of it has been taken up by the Ellsworth stuff. It was fine at the time but in retrospect his only two opponents will have been John Cena and Ambrose. It would be good if he gets a chance to feud with the likes of Orton or Wyatt befo-oh wait, he's supposed to be a heel. I actually forgot that.
Yes he does, he's the diamond in the rough. I'm fine with a ten year reign.

Zach

Hahaha, Orton being considered to win the Rumble. And that WrestleMania card.

I gotta stop paying attention to this trash.

I think it's my fault

I said repeatedly after and even during last Mania that it'd be hard to do a worse more spiteful Mania

Knowing Vince and HHH, that was obviously a challenge they couldn't easily ignore

Top Bottom