• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| Big Month John

sora87

M4mIyEN.gif

Mania line up currently

"The Mania lineup at this point is looking like Goldberg vs. Lesnar, Undertaker vs. Roman Reigns, HHH vs. Seth Rollins, Jericho vs. Owens, Wyatt vs. Orton, Show vs. Shaquille O’Neal and Charlotte vs. Bayley vs. Sasha Banks vs. Nia Jax as the Raw women’s title match. The key is the Rumble winner is likely, although they could swerve, to be the person who will challenge for either the Universal title or WWE title.

The only Smackdown match on that list is Orton vs. Wyatt, and it’s not a secret that Wyatt was scheduled for a title run in 2017. That immediately puts both of them in contention, and if one wins, the other would be favored to win the Chamber match. There’s a story that just started going around about Orton winning the Rumble and Wyatt winning the Chamber match. If that doesn’t happen, it would be because plans changed. Even though historically the booking before Mania always gets out and it almost never changed (it changes for other reasons, such as injuries or guys quitting, but that’s usually known as well), with the increase in social media, my feeling is nothing is a lock until it happens. I doubt we’ll see major destination changes, in the sense the top of the card will probably be pretty close to as is slated now, but how to get there could change."

Anth0ny

Mania line up currently

"The Mania lineup at this point is looking like Goldberg vs. Lesnar, Undertaker vs. Roman Reigns, HHH vs. Seth Rollins, Jericho vs. Owens, Wyatt vs. Orton, Show vs. Shaquille O’Neal and Charlotte vs. Bayley vs. Sasha Banks vs. Nia Jax as the Raw women’s title match. The key is the Rumble winner is likely, although they could swerve, to be the person who will challenge for either the Universal title or WWE title.

The only Smackdown match on that list is Orton vs. Wyatt, and it’s not a secret that Wyatt was scheduled for a title run in 2017. That immediately puts both of them in contention, and if one wins, the other would be favored to win the Chamber match. There’s a story that just started going around about Orton winning the Rumble and Wyatt winning the Chamber match. If that doesn’t happen, it would be because plans changed. Even though historically the booking before Mania always gets out and it almost never changed (it changes for other reasons, such as injuries or guys quitting, but that’s usually known as well), with the increase in social media, my feeling is nothing is a lock until it happens. I doubt we’ll see major destination changes, in the sense the top of the card will probably be pretty close to as is slated now, but how to get there could change."

Undertaker vs. Roman Reigns,

Orton winning the Rumble

giphy.gif

Mania line up currently

Fuck Vincent Kennedy McMahon

Pikma

Banned
Mania line up currently

Orton winning the rumble. In 2017... yeah I guess it's something Vince would do

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Mania line up currently

where are
Cena and AJ tho
. And to a lesser extent,
Ambrose, Miz or any tag team.

Mania line up currently

Is that supposed to be the entire card?
Because I really doubt Ambrose, Cena, Miz and AJ Styles aren't going to be at Mania.

Syder

Mania line up currently

What's the source on this?

For those wondering why Meltzer didn't mention AJ or Cena

Among the key guys, the obvious guys not on the list of matches are Cena, Styles, Balor, Dean Ambrose and Strowman of guys that will likely be in key matches. Cena vs. Samoa Joe was definitely an idea that was pitched, and made sense based on a few things we’ve heard, but we’ve never heard a confirmation on that. There are rumors of Styles vs. Shane McMahon, and Styles did complain about the idea of the Elimination Chamber match to Shane and neither have anything going. As noted before, Goldberg agreeing to stay past one match may have saved Lesnar from this year’s Shane program and Shane pitched for that idea and they had started in that direction before it was dropped cold.

Anth0ny

big show and shaq should go for about 1 minute before stroman comes out and fucks both of them up

i don't think anyone would complain about that 5 star classic being cut short

RBH

AJ vs. Shane at WrestleMania would be fucking infuriating considering how AJ has damn near carried the company over the past 6+ months.

Tall4Life

I can't see that guy winning the Rumble and then main eventing against the other dude at all.

EDIT: Unless the winner of the Rumble and their match isn't main eventing, but still that feels lackluster like ADR and Sheamus winning and then what they eventually did in Mania

AJ vs Shane would be a travesty, but Orton winning the Rumble + Bray winning Elimination Chamber would do so much for Bray that I almost want it to happen. They're actually doing a decent job of getting me to care about Bray for the first time in years.

lmao

But ut would likely end with Orton as champ at Mania.

Striker

AJ vs. Shane at WrestleMania would be fucking infuriating considering how AJ has damn near carried the company over the past 6+ months.
Shane + Lesnar was an even worse idea esp since Shane is pitching these ideas.

McMahons are the worst.

Bronx-Man

Banned
I desperately want Bray to be champion, but it should not come at AJ's expense. AJ vs Cena is the only match that should main event Orlando.

Mahonay

Banned
I desperately want Bray to be champion, but it should not come at AJ's expense. AJ vs Cena is the only match that should main event Orlando.
It feels like a no brainer, but WWE cares more about SWERVES and OMG moments at WrestleMania these days than actual well booked matches.

Top Bottom