• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| Big Month John

Sephzilla

Just want to quote this again to make sure it gets exposure for everyone

AVATAR RUMBLE START TIME ANNOUNCEMENT

Due to some real life stuff on my end that must be attended to on Friday, the Avatar Rumble start time has been moved to Saturday, January 28th at 4:00pm Eastern on twitch.tv/sephzilla

Hopefully this new start time is convenient for everyone as well as allowing our UK WrassleGAF friends to view it live. This time should also not conflict with NXT TakeOver later that night. If this time is inconvenient for many I can consider moving it once more. But for now this is going to be the confirmed start time.

Pikma

Banned
Friends, Roman-fans and WrassleGaf-men. We have 28 entrants in the 2017 WrassleGaf Royal Ramble Lethal Lottery!

What is this you ask? Enter and you will receive a number to root for. Whoever comes out, you root for them to win the Rumble.....it's fun rooting for jobbers, eh?

PM me by Friday at 5pm EST to enter. You can only enter once and no lurkers are allowed.

What jobber will you get this year? Enter and find out.

I sent you a pm yesterday...

imBask

Banned
tumblr_nikd6gy2SS1rg89a6o1_500.jpg

Menome

I can also announce that I will be providing a bonafide good prize for the winner of the 2017 WrassleGaf Royal Ramble Lethal Lottery.

If more than one person wins, they'll just have to fight for my affections.

kiguel182

Cena and Styles promo was the same promo everyone has with Cena. What a bore. I'm still into the feud but those promos are so old.

Rumble will be fun (I mean, it's always fun even when it's a disaster) but I'm not invested in anyone on Raws side. Owens vs Reigns is going to be ridiculous thanks to Jericho (and that's a good thing) but the rest is just either part timers or boring stuff.

Smackdown on the other hand as a ton of stuff happening that I'm into and I'm looking forward to see how they develop. Hopefully Styles keeps being in the center of it since he is awesome.

I have a feeling that the rumble will be fun and I have no idea who will take it so that's a nice little thing to have.

Triple H started out as a snobby blueblood.
And that was his best gimmick.

As much as people think Russo is an idiot and he is but there's still lots of things he did better than any other writer. There's no question that he listened to the fans. There's video of him listening in the crowd. http://youtu.be/_Ax-eiYcJ60

I bet he was the one that said the Rock had to turn.
Russo had a lot of stinkers but he had some gems too. I can't ever out right bash him because some of the shit he did it 1000 times better than what we have today. People always want to be politically correct but I bet behind closed doors, those same people lust for the old 90s atmosphere. They're just trying to show out for these strangers on line who don't give a fuck about them. Listen, fuck this new shit, give me the raunchy shit AGAIN!

Speaking of JR, it's sad to see another person I used to respect turn out to be scum:

“I had no issues with [the tribute]. I was glad they recognized it and recognized his passing. For wrestling fans, for many of them, he meant a lot to a generation of fans. I’m glad that they acknowledged it. It’s the wrong form, in my view, to continue to wear out a topic of a trial that never happened and a court case that’s been dismissed. I don’t know what happened and all this other stuff regarding Jimmy and the lady that was murdered. But golly, there’s a time and place to discuss those issues. And one would think that we’d have enough intelligence to let the family – he had a lot of kids, man. They have friends and they have cousins and I think to just let the family grieve before we go back on this Oliver Stone quest of proving Jimmy Snuka posthumously was a murderer. It’s ridiculous. It’s embarrassing.”
I mean yeah, he's right. Just like some people calling out the rock for posting about it, it was his family man.

I only want to add one thing to this conversation:

Ron Simmons started out as a gladiator with Sunny as a manager.
His wife even green lighted it lol.

Kaladin

Cena and Styles promo was the same promo everyone has with Cena. What a bore. I'm still into the feud but those promos are so old.

Rumble will be fun (I mean, it's always fun even when it's a disaster) but I'm not invested in anyone on Raws side. Owens vs Reigns is going to be ridiculous thanks to Jericho (and that's a good thing) but the rest is just either part timers or boring stuff.

Smackdown on the other hand as a ton of stuff happening that I'm into and I'm looking forward to see how they develop. Hopefully Styles keeps being in the center of it since he is awesome.

I have a feeling that the rumble will be fun and I have no idea who will take it so that's a nice little thing to have.

Yeah the whole indie guy vs Cena promo has been played out. Everyone has done it from CM Punk to Daniel Bryan to Kevin Owens and AJ Styles. It's time to come up with new shtick.

Sephzilla

So I played the first hour of Resident Evil 7 last night

When you go back down the steps into the darkness and hear the crazy Mia noises

tumblr_mtz0hhcNia1qclxozo1_400.gif

When Mia grabs that chainsaw....

Z69BbUu.gif

RE7 is amazing

I think the fear of what's coming is a lot worse than what's actually coming. Game is hilarious along the lines of Evil Dead (directly evoking it at times). The atmosphere is just off the charts, and there's a whole lot of spooky darkness.

Best way to describe it (outside of "Resident Evil") is Don't Breathe x Evil Dead x TTCM

Sephzilla

I know I'm only an hour in but I was shocked (in a good way) about how un-Resident Evil like RE7 feels. It really feels like they looked at Amnesia, PT, and the early Silent Hill games and took inspiration from those because RE7 feels incredibly atmospheric.

RE7 is amazing

I think the fear of what's coming is a lot worse than what's actually coming. Game is hilarious along the lines of Evil Dead (directly evoking it at times). The atmosphere is just off the charts, and there's a whole lot of spooky darkness.

Best way to describe it (outside of "Resident Evil") is Don't Breathe x Evil Dead x TTCM

This is partially why I feel a Silent Hill vibe in this game. One of Silent Hill's strengths was making you afraid that something might happen instead of making you afraid when it happens.

Let me ask this,

How do you all playing re7 feel about
none of the originals being in the game? Do you think it was the way to go so they could start over without connecting so many pieces?

klonere

Banned
Let me ask this,

How do you all playing re7 feel about
none of the originals being in the game? Do you think it was the way to go so they could start over without connecting so many pieces?

No RE7 spoilers herein but

The RE canon is such an unbelievable mess it was definitely better to start all over again

This is partially why I feel a Silent Hill vibe in this game. One of Silent Hill's strengths was making you afraid that something might happen instead of making you afraid when it happens.
It's funny because nothing I've seen has actually been scary, it's all the kind of horror I dig and it's hilarious seeing the shit that happens to Ethan

But man.....just so much anxiety and dread. Doesn't help that despite having over 40 handgun bullets you can easily burn that on a few enemies or a Baker. I tried walking to the old house last night and noped out hard at the atmosphere. Lol

So what was the plan Vince didn't want getting out and that if it was leaked he would end up changing it?

Taker vs Roman seems a given and it's the perfect opportunity for a heel turn with Undertaker winning and Roman attacking after or Roman cheats to win.

Like everyone was saying a few days ago, I can see Joe coming down to attack Cena on Sunday.

But I'm waiting until Orton is the last one in the ring during the rumble to properly buy that he's winning the rumble..

Sephzilla

So what was the plan Vince didn't want getting out and that if it was leaked he would end up changing it?

Taker vs Roman seems a given and it's the perfect opportunity for a heel turn with Undertaker winning and Roman attacking after or Roman cheats to win.

Like everyone was saying a few days ago, I can see Joe coming down to attack Cena on Sunday.

But I'm waiting until Orton is the last one in the ring during the rumble to properly buy that he's winning the rumble..

I don't know but I'd imagine it involves Roman in some capacity. He doesn't want people knowing it because he doesn't want the crowd hijacking more shows before Mania

I don't know but I'd imagine it involves Roman in some capacity. He doesn't want people knowing it because he doesn't want the crowd hijacking more shows before Mania
Imagine if it was a heel turn.

Just imagine.

Seriously Vince, you have a chance to strike gold. Turn him, wait until crowds inevitably cheer him because they love heels, and you're set.

Got an email...

O7rpsGm.png

Is the "Winner Main Events Wrestlemania" new info? They never usually single out they are getting the main event slot, just a title shot.

Raw64life

Rumored WrestleMania card looks meh. It's not WM29 terrible, but nothing particularly exciting either. Disappointing, if not unsurprising that Owens/AJ will be headed straight for the midcard after Vince's boys dispose of them.

Re7 is my most disappointing game, it not what I want form a re game

I just watched videos/people playing it on Twitch. Seems like in the second half of the game it actually becomes fun but the first half is a glorified game of hide and seek, and games where you're defenseless and running from things is just about my least favorite form of "gameplay" in a game.

Got an email...

O7rpsGm.png

Is the "Winner Main Events Wrestlemania" new info? They never usually single out they are getting the main event slot, just a title shot.
I'm glad to see that and I hope it's true (so long as the winner is good at least). I always hated when rumble winners never main evented Wrestlemania.

That Taker mania match rumour...
4HH7r1k.gif

I can't.

Well it looks like I'm joining the unemployment faction, friends.
Welcome to the family friend, actually I'm due paid work in like a week after paying my dues volunteering so...
*chair to the back*

Hypnotic percussion right here.

CM Punk return confirmed.

kanepunk.gif

Remember when Sheamus won the Royal Rumble?

The guy who is tag champ five years later.

Hey, how could you forget his legendary title win over Roman Reigns in 2015?!

Top Bottom