• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| Big Month John

klonere

Banned
I am sad to announce that poor William Ospreay has gotten in well over his head with this match vs Shibata. I foresee near-death for him in the future.

Haven't seen it yet but I saw tweets comparing it to Hollyoaks and Dream Team. Sounds weird.

Jesus, how dreadful! Forgot about Dream Team even being a thing.

I still remember my brother trying to force his way through Dream Team, eventually he had to cave, all I can remember is the focused upon fictional football (or soccer for our friends across the pond) team won a cup, are celebrating with it only for a SNIPER to be lurking, except he botches, shoots the cup and the bullet ricochets killing someone else and that my friends is absolutely bloody hysterical.
HIGH DRAMA

Menome

Jesus, how dreadful! Forgot about Dream Team even being a thing.

I still remember my brother trying to force his way through Dream Team, eventually he had to cave, all I can remember is the focused upon fictional football (or soccer for our friends across the pond) team won a cup, are celebrating with it only for a SNIPER to be lurking, except he botches, shoots the cup and the bullet ricochets killing someone else and that my friends is absolutely bloody hysterical.
HIGH DRAMA

Dream Team is the only show of the past twenty years than can match wrestling for ridiculous storylines.

Definitely a format better suited to exploring character work than the straight laced ENDVR shows. It's an experiment, it does feel like it was once a pilot for one of them yoof shows for C4/ITV/BBC though. Or its angling to be picked up. I think it's a positive with PROGRESS's definite focus on characters when it comes to people coming from the ProJo.
I can see that. I don't think that's a bad thing, what you want out of this is getting these guys over to a new audience, I think the Facebook premiere works quite well for this over a "mainstream" yoof show where the reaction will be a lot more mocking.

Nocturnowl on a scale of 1 to 10 how hyped are you for the almost guaranteed Kane/Undertaker interaction in the Rumble?

Genuinely 9/10 friend.
It's been too long since Kane and Taker threw punches at each other, Taker seems pretty cool with being buried alive back in 2010...again.

It'd be 10/10 if Kane actually had a chance of one upping Taker.

RBH

Dear Mark, that bit of fiction would work if it wasn't for the fact a couple of people had already quoted me on the very same page, maybe you just need to read before posting 😌

pc.gif

Lothar

Banned
Is there anything of note to watch excluding the big 4 in 2008-2014?

I'm watching the Rock Return's now and man, that email thing seems stupid, and heel Michael Cole seems STUPID.

2008 was one of the best years for WWE. Jericho/HBK feud going the entire year, Undertaker/Edge feud going the entire year, Beth Phoenix/Santino, the rise of CM Punk and Jeff Hardy to the main event. Watch every Raw and Smackdown that year.

klonere

Banned
You can't win, you won't win. Give up now. There is only the all consuming monolith, the golden king atop the mount to whom all must pay tribute. His is the only voice that rises above the din of the crowd, the only voice of true reason and power. Bow down, bow down to the king.

All fucking hail.

C3LaS5rWQAE9lem.jpg:large

Zach

Oh, hey. Here are some Mexican guys riding lawnmowers to the ring.

-_-

Oh, it's Psychosis, Super Crazy, and Quasi Juice. Good use of their talent.

-_-

Anth0ny

You can't win, you won't win. Give up now. There is only the all consuming monolith, the golden king atop the mount to whom all must pay tribute. His is the only voice that rises above the din of the crowd, the only voice of true reason and power. Bow down, bow down to the king.

All fucking hail.

C3LaS5rWQAE9lem.jpg:large

"Hey pal. If you drop Evolve and let us put them on the network, we'll be nice to you. I owe you one, pal."

FloSlam without EVOLVE would be utterly, utterly worthless and you can guaran-damn-tee I'd be asking for a refund. I certainly wouldn't be replacing it with a Network sub though, EVOLVE could go and fuck themselves right along with WWE.

FloSlam without EVOLVE would be utterly, utterly worthless and you can guaran-damn-tee I'd be asking for a refund. I certainly wouldn't be replacing it with a Network sub though, EVOLVE could go and fuck themselves right along with WWE.

seems a bit much, if they want the network to be a Fight Pass, why not

EDIT: I agree though, EVOLVE goes and Flo cannot justify $20

Ithil

I'm not sure why Triple H would admit NXT isn't doing so good the day before a PPV.

I mean I agree with him, but it seems odd.

Well the PPVs are always good, it's the TV that's very slow (and not just in a "deliberately developed" way as it was before), with a lot lacking in both roster and angles, which used to be a strength.

klonere

Banned

WWE are blatantly trying to kill Floslam before it really gets going. Competition, even if you can consider Flo that, cannot and will not be tolerated.

How paranoid must they be to go full roughshot on the independent scene? They're never going to be competitive with WWE so what's their fucking problem. It's pathetic.

And irony is not lost on me that one of WWE's executives is now head of the Small Business Administration.

Anth0ny

How paranoid must they be to go full roughshot on the independent scene? They're never going to be competitive with you so what's their fucking problem. It's pathetic.

And irony is not lost on me that one of WWE's executives is now head of the Small Business Administration.

WWE is constantly, for its entire existence, paranoid as FUCK about everything ever. Vince made his living going into other territories, taking all of their talent and putting them out of business. It ain't gonna stop now.

Sick of Triple H trying to put his sticky little fingers into all the pies. Also, I like my alternatives free of the thing they're providing an alternative to - not excited for the co-opted indie wrestling future.

Words was right. We should have listened!

I'm not going to lose my shit until the product starts to change. Losing the UK guys doesn't count.

WWE is constantly, for its entire existence, paranoid as FUCK about everything ever. Vince made his living going into other territories, taking all of their talent and putting them out of business. It ain't gonna stop now.

I know I know :( But even then this isn't really comparable with the territories, at least they were mainly of a similar size.

God this is depressing...

All the eggs in one basket is never a good move. Considering the amount of content WWE owns right now and should something ever happen to them financially there is a huge catalog of content that could go away. Or worse be split up 8 different ways across 10 different subs.

Top Bottom