• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| Big Month John

Sephzilla

YOU CAN PARTICIPATE IN THE DISCUSSION WITH THE HASHTAG #AvatarRumble

Here's some #AvatarRumble facts, including some teases for tomorrow's event!

-- Only one world champion has ever won the Avatar Rumble [The Big Show]
-- Two of the previous four winners of the Avatar Rumble have never wrestled for WWE.
-- The 2017 Avatar Rumble has 13 wrestlers who are credited as World/Heavyweight Champions
-- Only two entries in this years Avatar Rumble are in the WWE Hall of Fame
-- WWE, WCW, ECW, and TNA are all represented in the Avatar Rumble (plus more!)
-- Zero active World Champions have ever won the Avatar Rumble

Recall

-- Two of the previous four winners of the Avatar Rumble have never wrestled for WWE.
-- The 2017 Avatar Rumble has 13 wrestlers who are credited as World/Heavyweight Champions

Which CAW will Zach be given? Jerry Flynn or Glacier?

Glacier odds on favourite for the winner of the #AvatarRumble

Zach

Not enough #PeeWeeFacts so let's check out some highlights!:

Fox318

One cool thing about wrestling is how many fucking weird people have done it.

I mean imagine a final 8 of :

Greg Gagne
Erik Watts
Brain Damage
George Hackenschmidt
Big Vito
The Yeti
Nakamura
Drew Carey

Anything could happen

UohEerrl.jpg

🤔🤔🤔

that's a lot of people for that tiny ring

Recall

One cool thing about wrestling is how many fucking weird people have done it.

I mean imagine a final 8 of :

Greg Gagne
Erik Watts
Brain Damage
George Hackenschmidt
Big Vito
The Yeti
Nakamura
Drew Carey

Anything could happen

Pete Rose would win.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
i'm hyped for this weekend

The Rumble is by far my favorite PPV, so its hard for me to not be hyped. I'm probably gonna just watch TakeOver on delay though, I'm not that interested in it.

Recall

The Rumble is by far my favorite PPV, so its hard for me to not be hyped. I'm probably gonna just watch TakeOver on delay though, I'm not that interested in it.

I'm still afraid after those really dire and dull 2014 and 2015 Rumble matches.

Genuine question what was the last Rumble match where everyone seemed to enjoy the match itself? 2010 has high praise I think.

ElRenoRaven

OH dear god. Just saw that Roman Reigns vs. The Undertaker is on the books as one of the headline matches for Mania right now. Dear god no. Even Taker could not carry Reigns to a good match and that's one sure fire way to make sure Reigns will never ever be seen as a babyface for life.

Hasney

OH dear god. Just saw that Roman Reigns vs. The Undertaker is on the books as one of the headline matches for Mania right now. Dear god no. Even Taker could not carry Reigns to a good match and that's one sure fire way to make sure Reigns will never ever be seen as a babyface for life.

And based on the last few years, Taker can't carry anyone anyone.

Hasney

2016 was good. The one vs all gimmick worked and our Lord God King H saved the day.

mXyupD1.gif

We knew Roman or HHH would win in advance, so it was all just a waste of an hour to get to that point because as with most Rumbles, the journey there isn't worth it.

MEMORABLE MOMENTS FROM 2016:

Uh, Brock fucked up BRAUN

Busy weekend coming up for me, going to the Dominant Wrestling show in Dundee tomorrow with my brother and some of his mates, one of whom is bringing their son who's ecstatic to see Rey, makes me miss being a wrestling fan as a kid...

Will probably stay up to watch Takeover when I'm back home as well. Then on Sunday I will be going to the ICW awards show, not sure of my plans afterwards though, dunno if I'll be staying out to watch the Rumble or not, but I doubt I will.

I just realized the most consistently kayfabe thing in 2017 are tables. To this day they're still treated like they'll ruin a career and the wrestler has died when they go through one.

Here's my take on Roman.

I give up.

And that's ok because his in ring work is not bad and the reactions he gets are hilarious.

Him vs Taker might rival Lesnar vs Goldberg at XX for best worst crowd reaction ever especially if Reigns wins.

I'm all in for the absurdity of it all.

Browny

Banned
I'm disappointed that the Wrasslegaf Avatar Rumble doesn't have any mystery entrants.

Just imagine the pop if Bean Breath or Bionic Arm had put forward their selection of John Cena and... John Cena.

imBask

Banned
here's why Roman is great :

If you don't watch RAW and only read the recaps, you only have to watch him get booe'd out of the building once a month, while the commentators are struggling to make him look popular

it's like watching Curb Your Enthusiasm, but in wrestling

Hasney

If you don't watch RAW and only read the recaps, you only have to watch him get booe'd out of the building once a month, while the commentators are struggling to make him look popular

giphy.gif

Zach

I like Curb Your Enthusiasm and I like you!

jmdajr

thanks for the cool facts

Nekofrog

Banned
I don't know how you don't just crumble to the mat in a heap of tears after taking even a couple chops from [NAME REDACTED], Bob holly, and Eddie Guerrero. I checked and its still a solid 6 minutes of a "fuck you, kid" beat down, even though Eddie does relent on a chop or two. What a nice guy.

Channel4 in England did a profile of the Women leading up to the hell in the cell match:

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/smashing-glass-ceilings-the-women-of-wwe/on-demand/65540-001

Interesting to note they talk to finn balor who revealed that shoulder injury was a lot worse. He dislocated his shoulder, tore his bicep, pectoral, labium and a broken socket.

Seth probably felt horrible after this :(

gun_haver

You know, about 75% of the enjoyment I get out of wrestling now is just the surrounding jokes that come up on here and through things like the Lapsed Fan.

Posting the same pics of wrestlers who definitely won't be in the rumble carrying luggage in public transport areas is good stuff.

I'm excited for the Royal Rumble.

It's kind of amazing how Cena and Batista hit the floor at the same time together. It would have been awkward if Cena had blatantly landed first but they gave the win to Batista then.

It's kind of amazing how Cena and Batista hit the floor at the same time together. It would have been awkward if Cena had blatantly landed first but they gave the win to Batista then.

Yeah that worked out incredibly well for them

If Vince didn't blow out his knees it would've been one of the greats

Adree

Yeah that worked out incredibly well for them

If Vince didn't blow out his knees it would've been one of the greats

Him blowing out his quads is what makes it. Like he's so committed to the angle that he's sitting up with his hands on his hips. I love it maggle

Top Bottom