• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| It's a New Year, Yes It Is!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just announced – Seminar, tryout and meet and greet with Jeff Jarrett in Scranton, PA

Global Force Wrestling co-founder Jeff Jarrett is headed to Scranton, PA on 1/24/16 for a Meet and Greet and a Training Seminar!

uVMLSNZ.jpg

"Can any of you draw?"

I wouldn't pay money to hang out with Jarrett, but Karen on the other hand.

Nekofrog

Banned
my wife and i are running through attitude era RAWs and we're up to March 1999. we finished the episode where Jim Ross returns from a bout with bells palsy after being gone for 3 months and we really don't know what to make of his heel turn. i remember it not lasting very long, but i don't remember it being this difficult to watch. half of his face is literally paralyzed, his annunciation isn't 100%, and seeing JR seething with rage lashing out is just really, really strange.

probably one of the most awkward things i'll see on RAW until we get to Katie Vick.

Alfredo

I'm having some people over to watch the Royal Rumble, and we're playing one of those games where you draw numbers and whoever draws the winning wrestler wins or whatever.

So I made this and I'm giving it away as a prize:

Though I might have to take away the championship from Hello Kitty Roman if he fails to win, lol.

I'm having some people over to watch the Royal Rumble, and we're playing one of those games where you draw numbers and whoever draws the winning wrestler wins or whatever.

Though I might have to take away the championship from Hello Kitty Roman if he fails to win, lol.
That's pretty cool
Watching the 2001 Rumble for the first time.

They had Rikishi eliminate Biker Taker?!
I've never seen taker more humiliated than he was as the biker.

notworksafe

this is really badass

This assault on New Japan's strategic partners and signings is going too far.

HKNJPW01.jpg

Zach

my wife and i are running through attitude era RAWs and we're up to March 1999. we finished the episode where Jim Ross returns from a bout with bells palsy after being gone for 3 months and we really don't know what to make of his heel turn. i remember it not lasting very long, but i don't remember it being this difficult to watch. half of his face is literally paralyzed, his annunciation isn't 100%, and seeing JR seething with rage lashing out is just really, really strange.

probably one of the most awkward things i'll see on RAW until we get to Katie Vick.

Did you see Vince McMahon interview Brian Pillman's widow?

Nekofrog

Banned
Did you see Vince McMahon interview Brian Pillman's widow?

i blocked that from my memory. yeesh.

my main question with the JR thing, is whose idea was it? was it pitched to JR by vince russo or ed ferrera? was it JR's idea to help Dr Death get over?

klonere

Banned
Texano's theme is super catchy and cool while speaking to his character.

Omega's is a fine alternate take of a JRPG final boss theme which is great and also suits his character.

They are both great!

Menome

Friends, it seems like this last year of my life has been one of closure on certain non-romances in my life. The ones that got away. I seem to keep encountering them and finding out what happened afterwards.

-The girl from high school is married with two kids, I keep seeing her as she works at the front desk of the local council building.
-The girl from my community club is married with two kids, I caught up with her after we were tagged in an old, old photo on Facebook.
-The long-distance girl it could never work with got married a couple of months ago. I stumbled across her in a newspaper article and found her married name.
-The woman who was far too besotted with me got herself sorted out and is now married with a kid. She got in contact with me and now we're chatting sporadically.

It's like life is giving me a last glimpse at what could have been and saying now's the time to grab that brass ring and make something of myself. Otherwise I'm going to be jobbing out to shitty low-paid work for the rest of my life thinking "What If?"

Got my first Teacher-Training interview next Thursday. If I get this one, I'll finally be living in the same town as my girlfriend of two years. Another two years of training and paying off debts and I'll be grabbing that golden ring hopefully.

jred2k

Friends, it seems like this last year of my life has been one of closure on certain non-romances in my life. The ones that got away. I seem to keep encountering them and finding out what happened afterwards.

-The girl from high school is married with two kids, I keep seeing her as she works at the front desk of the local council building.
-The girl from my community club is married with two kids, I caught up with her after we were tagged in an old, old photo on Facebook.
-The long-distance girl it could never work with got married a couple of months ago. I stumbled across her in a newspaper article and found her married name.
-The woman who was far too besotted with me got herself sorted out and is now married with a kid. She got in contact with me and now we're chatting sporadically.

It's like life is giving me a last glimpse at what could have been and saying now's the time to grab that brass ring and make something of myself. Otherwise I'm going to be jobbing out to shitty low-paid work for the rest of my life thinking "What If?"

Got my first Teacher-Training interview next Thursday. If I get this one, I'll finally be living in the same town as my girlfriend of two years. Another two years of training and paying off debts and I'll be grabbing that golden ring hopefully.
You've still got Sandow as your avatar. Why saddle yourself with such poor luck voluntarily?

Menome

You've still got Sandow as your avatar. Why saddle yourself with such poor luck voluntarily?

Because there's a guy who despite all the adversity in front of him at the moment, is still in the career he loves with a fanbase that whilst small, remains dedicated. What could be more inspirational than that?

Kaladin

Triple H will probably win the Royal Rumble won't he?

Yes, over the fallen corpses of a debuting AJ Styles, a returning Daniel Bryan, Brock Lesnar and Kevin Owens while Roman Reigns stands tall on the stage staring him down and pointing at the Wrestlemania sign.

jmdajr

I'm happily married. I hope it turns out well for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom