• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT2| Big Month Meltz

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
tumblr_ojznnubQkN1vao3k0o1_540.jpg

Rusev is better than 95% of the roster. He deserves way better. Maybe he will be in NJPW one day
What would be the difference between being fed to Roman and being fed to Okada?
He deserves way better. He deserves BJW.

Sephzilla

Ladies and Gentlemen, the GAF WRESTLING FEDERATION is back!

What is the GWF?
WrassleGAF members compete in simulated matches in WWE 2k17. It's a fake wrestling, only faker. It's purely for fun and something we can all laugh about.

How do I enter?
Send me, Sephzilla, a PM with the following information. Then I will create a wrestler NeoGAF Sports Entertainer in game for you. Just be warned that I might take a few creative liberties with your appearance and entrance. Also, I'm going to try to keep movesets mostly simply (aka, mostly movesets of existing wrestlers), because otherwise it will take an eternity to make everyone.
-- Who's your favorite wrestler. This will help me determine what your wrestler's move set will be. I'd probably prefer if you name an active one though. Preferably a WWE one too. Just because it makes assigning moves easier for me. But if you hate making it easy for me, name some obscure guy.​
-- What is your finishing move?​
-- Do you want to be a face (good guy) or heel (bad guy)? Note: This can change over time​
-- What is your GAF avatar? This will help with what your appearance will be​
-- Any other miscellaneous information you want included, like if you want to tag team with someone​

Is anything else involved?
Beyond entering? No. Just show up to watch! Maybe have some fun little smack talk too.

Where will we be able to watch this?
On Twitch : https://www.twitch.tv/sephzilla
There will likely be Youtube archives as well

Can I tune in even if I'm not in it?
Absolutely. We need to see who's actually a draw around here!

When will we be able to watch this?
I'm tentatively planning on this being a once a month event type deal. Doing it weekly might ruin the novelty of it, plus there's already enough weekly wrestling to watch. I'll let you know when the first GWF show will happen and then we'll go from there.

How are matches/booking determined?
Any joking smack talk between GAF members could provoke a match at a GWF Special Event! I don't have influence over how WWE 2k17's shitty AI works, so the winner/losers are random and unpredictable.

Misc. Information
I'm probably going to cap the size of GWF to 20 or so people, at least for now, because if it gets too big it might get hard to manage. I'm going to take overflow entrants though, so fear not. Also, I don't mean to sound exclusive, but I'm probably going to give preference towards WrassleGAF members who post more frequently versus lurkers when it comes to making the roster. Consider that incentive to post more! We're good people!

Should I take this stuff seriously?
No, this is for fun!

Hasney

They actually have one more chance: walking out

One of their top matches at SS/faceoffs last night/matches at Mania was with two guys who left immediately after the first time they fought

There's nothing Vince and HHH love and respect more than people telling them to fuck off and then one day asking to come back, and it's the only hope 96% of that roster has of ever advancing

True, but you do have to keep yourself relevant, or be permanently relevant by being as pushed and over as Goldberg in a previous company that's on WWE's level.

It's no mean feat. Like I can't see Wade coming back and being pushed to the moon, as much as I would love to see that.

They're not the biggest audience though. They're just the loudest.

Ratings are down so low that they likely are the biggest percentage left. At least of the people old enough to actually pay for a Network. It's not our fault the casual adult viewer was driven away.

True, but you do have to keep yourself relevant, or be permanently relevant by being as pushed and over as Goldberg in a previous company that's on WWE's level.

It's no mean feat. Like I can't see Wade coming back and being pushed to the moon, as much as I would love to see that.

They can pull a Cody and do bad matches against stars for a year or two

Heroman

Banned
WWE biggest fans base are dudes in there 30 who been watching for year, they also spend the most money. If you most hardcore and most devoted fans don't like a guy then don't book him.

Zach

They're an appropriate counterpoint to the "US TRUE FANS ARE JUST SO PERSECUTED BY VINCE AND CREATIVE" drivel.

But that's the thing. Your opinions -- or those like yours -- seem to have formed to be a counterweight to other people's opinions. Which is just the lamest thing. It's no better than the hiveminder who hates Roman because his internet friends do and he just wants to fit in.

What I'm saying is we all need to be more like the Z-Man.

Hasney

Speaking of the Z-Man, the only exposure I had to him as a kid was via the WCW board game.

Clearly was the greatest board game of all time.

Didn't Recall just quit and call us inept

Golden rule of the universe is when one leaves, another must replace

I get Recall's sentiment though he reacted too harshly on heightened emotions.

To his point, I've been lurking since the election but not enough to participate or follow any discussions between that time and now around any of the PPVs. It's a mindfuck to unplug from the internet, watch a show, go "not bad" only to come here and then find a fucking building lit on fire on a forum about what garbage said show was. Mob mentality is a thing and the biggest problem, from a bird's eye view, is that bad habits are hard to break. The pessimism that fills the lines here tend to be just that: bad habits.

With that said, I don't mind criticism at all, as long as it furthers a discussion.

Lastly, I will say I have not been perfect in this endeavor.

Mahonay

Banned
Exactly. Last night had a mix of casual and lapsed fans as well as hardcore ones, and it's why that crowd was hyped about the Orton RKO and Final Elimination.
Can't argue that Orton definitely got a decent reaction after winning.

But the issue is, what realistic program can you think of will be exciting as the main event of WrestleMania that has Randy Orton, "in 2017"? With great booking, yeah, it can certainly be done. But it's WWE. They are going to go with the worst booking option available to them.

creatchee

But that's the thing. Your opinions -- or those like yours -- seem to have formed to be a counterweight to other people's opinions. Which is just the lamest thing. It's no better than the hiveminder who hates Roman because his internet friends do and he just wants to fit in.

What I'm saying is we all need to be more like the Z-Man.

I form my opinions based on how I feel and I call out other opinions that I think are based in bullshit. I like a lot of the same things that smarks do. I'm specifically calling out the irrational hate for Roman and the persecution complex that certain fans have - not as a counterweight but as my genuine reaction to their behavior.

Hasney

you're the first official talent acquisition!

He's like Jeff Jarret in TNA then. Just without the power!

I form my opinions based on how I feel and I call out other opinions that I think are based in bullshit. I like a lot of the same things that smarks do. I'm specifically calling out the irrational hate for Roman and the persecution complex that certain fans have - not as a counterweight but as my genuine reaction to their behavior.

He shouldn't be forced down everyones throat for every single week for 4 years and maybe people won't gag. It's that simple.

Toki767

What's really nonsense is that people act like kids wouldn't get behind someone adults like.

The only reason kids get behind Reigns and Cena are because they're pushed to look great.

But kids are dumb and will like anything you tell them to.

That's why they're Vince's target audience.

klonere

Banned

My man, they are packing the PC with indie darlings, launched a division full of small flippy dudes, had AJ fucking Styles, the god of the indies anchor one of their TV shows for half a year, had Kevin Owens and Finn Balor win the Raw title, turned their developmental into ROH 2.0, Cena works like a PWG main eventer, ran a tournament solely for the smarky as fuck UK market and on and on

The smark audience keeps the whole ship running during non-Mania season when botox nightmare Taker or yer dad Goldberg or whoever isn't around and in Mania season they pay thousands of dollars to sit in expensive ass seats, while subbing to the Network all the while.

They are a large, lucrative and very important audience for the WWE and WWE's hiring and match style policies reflect this.

The final two of the Rumble in 2017 were Orton and Reigns
Reigns has been in the final three for the last 4 Rumbles
Reigns has only been in 4 Rumbles
Both won the Rumble, have main evented Mania, and have won or defended championships at Mania, before
And after even pushing all that aside, you're left with "people wouldn't have been happy Orton won the Rumble in 2017 on its own, hmm let's have him eliminate Reigns last because then it won't be the worst option", which is not a decision you should ever find yourself having to make if you're doing a good job running things

There's a lot to be deservedly pessimistic about [if you're a WWE fan (in a post-Trump world I can't imagine why one would publicly admit to being that but okay)]

Barrage

Also the idea of smarks doesn't make any sense in 2017.

Of course it does. Last night in particular had a completely different feel if you follow Meltzer and the dirt sheets or not.

The Rumble winner was a true and absolute surprise, storyline wise. Yet our expectations and responses were tampered because we read Meltzer and the booking odds.

there are still lines in the sand, even if you know wrestling is fake.

Toki767

In 4 Rumbles,

Reigns is already over halfway to beating Kane's most total Rumble eliminations.

Cena's been in 7 Rumbles and he's only at 22.

Mahonay

Banned
Of course it does. Last night in particular had a completely different feel if you follow Meltzer and the dirt sheets or not.

The Rumble winner was a true and absolute surprise, storyline wise. Yet our expectations and responses were tampered because we read Meltzer and the booking odds.

there are still lines in the sand, even if you know wrestling is fake.
Funny thing is, I bet there was a legitimate sense of surprise for casual fans when Orton won also because they have no idea what he's up to on TV currently. The average person can't be fucked to watch more than one WWE program.

Top Bottom