• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT2| Big Month Meltz

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Meltzer thinks they didn't play up the record stuff because it would be really awkward knowing he's likely losing in 2 weeks.

The AJ/Cena match was an absolute disaster in one sense - there was no reason whatsoever Cena shouldn't have won the Rumble and then they do this match on top of the WM card.

Sephzilla

Ladies and Gentlemen, the GAF WRESTLING FEDERATION is back!

What is the GWF?
WrassleGAF members compete in simulated matches in WWE 2k17. It's a fake wrestling, only faker. It's purely for fun and something we can all laugh about.

How do I enter?
Send me, Sephzilla, a PM with the following information. Then I will create a wrestler NeoGAF Sports Entertainer in game for you. Just be warned that I might take a few creative liberties with your appearance and entrance. Also, I'm going to try to keep movesets mostly simply (aka, mostly movesets of existing wrestlers), because otherwise it will take an eternity to make everyone.
-- Who's your favorite wrestler. This will help me determine what your wrestler's move set will be. I'd probably prefer if you name an active one though. Preferably a WWE one too. Just because it makes assigning moves easier for me. But if you hate making it easy for me, name some obscure guy.​
-- What is your finishing move?​
-- Do you want to be a face (good guy) or heel (bad guy)? Note: This can change over time​
-- What is your GAF avatar? This will help with what your appearance will be​
-- Any other miscellaneous information you want included, like if you want to tag team with someone​

Is anything else involved?
Beyond entering? No. Just show up to watch! Maybe have some fun little smack talk too.

Where will we be able to watch this?
On Twitch : https://www.twitch.tv/sephzilla
There will likely be Youtube archives as well

Can I tune in even if I'm not in it?
Absolutely. We need to see who's actually a draw around here!

When will we be able to watch this?
I'm tentatively planning on this being a once a month event type deal. Doing it weekly might ruin the novelty of it, plus there's already enough weekly wrestling to watch. I'll let you know when the first GWF show will happen and then we'll go from there.

How are matches/booking determined?
Any joking smack talk between GAF members could provoke a match at a GWF Special Event! I don't have influence over how WWE 2k17's shitty AI works, so the winner/losers are random and unpredictable.

Misc. Information
I'm probably going to cap the size of GWF to 20 or so people, at least for now, because if it gets too big it might get hard to manage. I'm going to take overflow entrants though, so fear not. Also, I don't mean to sound exclusive, but I'm probably going to give preference towards WrassleGAF members who post more frequently versus lurkers when it comes to making the roster. Consider that incentive to post more! We're good people!

Should I take this stuff seriously?
No, this is for fun!

quoting for new page

All those that fantasizes about Miz coming out to Bryan's music at 30, the reaction here last night showed that people would not have been able to handle it.

I think most smarks judge their enjoyment of a match/event 90 percent by who goes over, and 10 percent by what actually happens.

If the ppl was the exact same but Wyatt won the Rumble, what would your thoughts on it be?

"Well that was a boring Rumble but at least the stuck the landing"

Meltzer thinks they didn't play up the record stuff because it would be really awkward knowing he's likely losing in 2 weeks.

The AJ/Cena match was an absolute disaster in one sense - there was no reason whatsoever Cena shouldn't have won the Rumble and then they do this match on top of the WM card.

Cena has no business being in the same ring as AJ.

Ithil

Miz coming out to Bryan's music would have been hilarious. Bryan is retired, people are not going to expect him in a Rumble or get mad when he isn't. They'd have booed Miz, not the Rumble itself like in 2014/2015.

Mahonay

Banned

That makes sense.

I do 100 percent agree they should have been building to Cena vs AJ at Mania with the 16th title win. It's the hottest main roster thing they had.

imBask

Banned
no dbry music
#VinceHatesPops

basically no surprise entry
#VinceHatesPops

no Angle
#VinceHatesPops

no Joe
#VinceHatesPops

no Nak
#VinceHatesPops

basically no storytelling
#VinceHatesPops

Orton wins
#VinceHatesPops

creatchee

That makes sense.

I do 100 percent agree they should have been building to Cena vs AJ at Mania with the 16th title win. It's the hottest main roster thing they had.

The real money is breaking a record, not tying it.

Expect a big ballyhoo when Cena gets 17.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

Did you watch the match, because it was the best match in WWE since....the last Cena/AJ match. It takes 2 guys to make a match and its really, really stretching it at this point to argue that Cena can't hang in big matches.

As for other Rumble stuff, I almost feel like I have to watch the match again to try and judge it fairly because the surprise entrants and stuff is what usually makes the match for me, and it was hard at the time to overlook the number of times an entrant would come in and it was just Apollo Crews or something else stupid and feel like it was lame. But maybe the match itself was better than I gave it credit for. Putting Roman in as the 30th entrant when they somewhat telegraphed 30 being someone huge (and nobody else huge was left, so maybe its a surprise guy) only seems like a good idea if the plan is a heel run. I think they could have ameliorated some of the "why aren't there any surprises?" element if they had just kept Undertaker from pre-announcing and had him as a surprise entrant.

Mahonay

Banned
Zi0wcjG.gif

BFIB

Then why have AJ lose at all? Have him lose it at the Chamber then.

Him going 4-0 against Cena wouldnt have hurt Cena one bit.

Hasney

no dbry music
#VinceHatesPops

basically no surprise entry
#VinceHatesPops

no Angle
#VinceHatesPops

no Joe
#VinceHatesPops

no Nak
#VinceHatesPops

basically no storytelling
#VinceHatesPops

Orton wins
#VinceHatesPops

Vince Hates Pops AKA Vince McMahon Senior. Pops.

giphy.gif

Sephzilla

Miz coming out to Daniel Bryan's theme music would have been the most instant heel heat move since The Rock buried the Sacramento Kings

Bronx-Man

Banned
Okada is an overrated jabroni that gets carried by almost every opponent he has. The only reason he's even the 'ace' right now is because Gedo has a WWE kink and desperately wants his own Cena.

And that's a shoot, brother.

Angry Grimace

Then why have AJ lose at all? Have him lose it at the Chamber then.

Him going 4-0 against Cena wouldnt have hurt Cena one bit.

I think the better idea was not giving Cena a free title shot and having him work his way back up to Styles. Given that it was too late to go for that, I'm not sure what else they could have done.

I feel bummed out. Because I love Bray and I want to be fucking ecstatic he's getting a world title reign but then it's only happening so he can job it one month later to Orton.

BFIB

I think the better idea was not giving Cena a free title shot and having him work his way back up to Styles. Given that it was too late to go for that, I'm not sure what else they could have done.

This is why I hate this short term booking crap.

Angry Grimace

I feel bummed out. Because I love Bray and I want to be fucking ecstatic he's getting a world title reign but then it's only happening so he can job it one month later to Orton.

He isn't necessarily losing. That's right, we're contemplating Bray Wyatt going over in the main event of WrestleMania.

Toki767

He isn't necessarily losing. That's right, we're contemplating Bray Wyatt going over in the main event of WrestleMania.

I don't see how he wins.

I think statistically, if Orton loses, then the percentage of people who win the Rumble and then going on to win the title at Mania drops to almost 50%.

The Rumble match means practically nothing already, but I don't see them making it mean even less.

Caderfix

Maybe not. Maybe Bray will win the feud at Mania. He should've been world champ a long time ago already, hopefully they'll pull the trigger this time around.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Rusev is only 31, so I hope they give him a chance sooner rather than later. Wyatt is still younger than 30 and has many years ahead of him, so I hope he can continue to stay relevant at the upper mid-card:

Here's an age check of the WWE male roster as of right now:

Talent younger than 30:
Noam Dar (23), Rich Swann (25), Bo Dallas (26), Cedric Alexander (27), Daivari (27), Gallagher (27), Jason Jordan (28), Metalik (28), Apollo Crews (29), Wyatt (29), Breeze (29), English (29), Gulak (29), Dorado (29), Ho Ho Lun (29)

Talent 30-34:
Rollins (30), Neville (30), Kalisto (30), Enzo (30), Big Cass (30), Big E (30), Mojo (30), Chad Gable (30), Woods (30), Mustafa Ali (30), Rusev (31), Tozawa (31), Reigns (31), Usos (31), Nese (31), Ambrose (31), Ryder (31), Hawkins (31), Zayn (32), Ellsworth (32), Corbin (32), Owens (32), TJP (32), Slater (33), Luke Gallows (33), Darren Young (33), Strowman (33), Gotch (34), Epico (34), Primo (34), Swagger (34)

Talent 35-39:
Tye Dillinger (35), Fandango (35), Rowan (35), Kofi Kingston (35), Finn Balor (35), Cesaro (36), The Miz (36), Orton (36), Ziggler (36), Konnor (36), Viktor (36), Harper (37), Axel (37), Kendrick (37), Anderson (37), Styles (39), Sheamus (39), Cena (39), Titus (39), Brock Lesnar (39)

40+:
Benjamin (41), Rhyno (41), Big Show (44), Mark Henry (45), R-Truth (45), Chris Jericho (46), Tajiri (46), Goldust (47), Triple H (47), Kane (49), The Undertaker (51)

On NXT:
Patrick Clark (21), Tian Bing (22), Rezar (22), Akam (23), Fulton (26), Andrande Almas (27), Murphy (28), No Way Jose (28), Blake (29), Harv Sihra (29), Gargano (29), Wilder (29), Elias Samson (29), Killian Dane (31), Ciampa (31), Shane Thorne (31), Nick Miller (31), Oney Lorcan (31), Tommy End (31), Dawson (32), Strong (33), Gurv Sihra (32), Itami (35), Wolfe (35), Nakamura (36), Eric Young (37), Chris Hero (37), Samoa Joe (37), Aries (38), Roode (39)

Maybe not. Maybe Bray will win the feud at Mania. He should've been world champ a long time ago already, hopefully they'll pull the trigger this time around.
If Bray is going over, then they should have just had him win the rumble. A rumble win followed by a title win at Wrestlemania would be much better for him.

Angry Grimace

I don't see how he wins.

I think statistically, if Orton loses, then the percentage of people who win the Rumble and then going on to win the title at Mania drops to almost 50%.

The Rumble match means practically nothing already, but I don't see them making it mean even less.

Orton winning is fine to me because I'd like to see AJ Styles v. Randy Orton.

I know Finn doesn't look 35 and the average viewer probably thinks he's around the early thirties but it's funny they treated him like some rookie kid when he was going up against the likes of Rusev, Reigns and Rollins, all who are at least four years younger then him.

And didn't they try the same thing with AJ?

Caderfix

If Bray is going over, then they should have just had him win the rumble. A rumble win followed by a title win at Wrestlemania would be much better for him.

They need to play the feud. Defending the belt at Mania against a legend who is over with even the casuals is damn good too.

It's the most Bray thing to finally go over just to immediately drop it to some guy who's only been out of the spotlight a few years

Seriously go back to like 2013 or 2014 and we were still having Orton and Cena at the top. What's changed?

Mahonay

Banned
I know Finn doesn't look 35 and the average viewer probably thinks he's around the early thirties but it's funny they treated him like some rookie kid when he was going up against the likes of Rusev, Reigns and Rollins, all who are at least four years younger then him.

And didn't they try the same thing with AJ?
Yep. When he first started as a face it was a lot of "WELCOME TO THE BIG LEAGUES KID" sort of stuff.

Raw64life

Going all the way back to Bo Dallas, every proceeding NXT champion has been older than the person they defeated to get the belt (except when Nak/Joe traded).

Maybe Angle will go to NXT and become champ there.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Okada is an overrated jabroni that gets carried by almost every opponent he has. The only reason he's even the 'ace' right now is because Gedo has a WWE kink and desperately wants his own Cena.

And that's a shoot, brother.

Why are you bad? What caused this?

Pikma

Banned
Sorry if already posted but

Per the latest Wrestling Observer Radio, the plan for the next Raw pay-per-view (PPV), March 5’s Fastlane, calls for Goldberg to get a Universal title shot against Kevin Owens. And win the belt, so his long-planned match with Brock Lesnar in Orlando will be for the championship. This fits with earlier reports that neither of the men who took the WWE titles into Royal Rumble would carry them to WrestleMania. Meltzer also points out that this would mean the Universal title will not be on the road with Raw live events heading into the Show of Shows, something which is becoming standard operating procedure. In three of the past four years, the top prize from Raw (or all of WWE, pre-brand split) has been brought to Mania on the shoulder of a part-timer: Rock in 2013, Brock in 2015 and Triple H last year. With Goldberg not working house shows leading up to Fastlane, either, WWE will reportedly fill the time on live events with Sami Zayn vs. Kevin Owens for the Universal title. And that will be a beneath the main event of Roman Reigns vs. Braun Strowman, itself a filler feud since, Roman’s alleged Mania opponent, Undertaker, only works television, too.

What the fuck is wrong with Vince

creatchee

What? No.

Ballyhoo. OK Russo.

Um, yes. Tying a competitive record is great and all, but the big celebration comes when you set the new record. Have you ever watched sports before?

Ballyhoo is a great word, but if you wish, I'll go with fanfare instead.

Top Bottom