• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT2| Big Month Meltz

You know what's really killed matches for me?

The one-two-three punch of over-relying on finishers to end a match, the use of really big moves/spots as transitions, and then devaluing finishers.

Someone in the Rumble thread hit the nail on the head when they said that Cena matches (and for me, most big WWE matches), now have a weird rhythm where instead of building to a climax, they exhaust everything so that by the ending you just go 'oh, that's it?'

Look at the crowd during some of the bigger matches. No one bought for a second that either man was getting pinned after big spots like the table frogsplash.

It's fake.

image.php

Caderfix

Okada is dope, but he's number 4 in my NJPW list:
1 - Matt Jackson
2 - Nick Jackson
3 - Cody Rhodes
4 - Okada

It's actually number 3
1 - Omega
2 - Suzuki
3 - Okada

Entropia

No One Remembers
Royal Rumble Hot Takes:

1. Of any of the final four: Bray or Jericho should've won.

2. Reigns being in the actual rumble match is fucking idiotic. If Reigns had won against Owens, would Owens have been in there?

3. AJ should've won against Cena. Let AJ be the guy that Cena can't beat. Show that AJ is actually a damn wrestling force to be reckoned with. It'd make the Cena victory payoff even better down the line.

4. Having no real surprise entrants in the rumble makes it a fucking snooze fest. The Royal Rumble crowd will lean more towards the older/millenial crowd and we fucking LOVE nostalgia. That or have some random NXT call-ups. Why wasn't there a battle royale or something at NXT Takeover for a spot in the actual rumble?

You have big hands. We get it. Me? I have a small dick so they suit me just fine.

My hands are not that big friend :( Sorry to hear about your dick.

Eh, in the grip, they're fine even with big hands. You'd have to be high to use them on their own unless it's the only way you have to do 2 player MK8.

Well shit, excuse for caring about couch coop and not wanting to pay at least 70 dollars for overpriced pieces of hardware. Also the game I ended up playing was Bomberman so we shared the joycons, the line for Zelda was stupidly long.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I was going to join GWF but it seems like regulars will be given preferential treatment over part timers and I'm fundamentally opposed to this booking.

Penguin

Looking at Wiki for eliminations yesterday, it seems only a handful of people were tossed by non-hoss/big men.

Jericho eliminated Sheamus and Casero
And I guess Orton eliminated Roman (also his only elimination)

Hasney

Well shit, excuse for caring about couch coop and not wanting to pay at least 70 dollars for overpriced pieces of hardware. Also the game I ended up playing was Bomberman so we shared the joycons, the line for Zelda was stupidly long.

Oh yeah, I forget you guys have just come closer to UK prices whereas ours have remained static for accessories. Pro controller here is pretty comparable to other console controllers.

I was going to join GWF but it seems like regulars will be given preferential treatment over part timers and I'm fundamentally opposed to this booking.

Go apply to work for the WWE, kid.

Anth0ny

So they did a cruiserweight tournament

apparently they're doing a womens tournament and a tag tournament

forget all that, I want to see a HOSS TOURNAMENT

how to qualify:

did you need a dude to drive you down the ramp at the rumble because you're a fucking hoss? if yes, YOU QUALIFY

Top Bottom