• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT2| Big Month Meltz

Toki767

It still makes me laugh when people argue Roman as a babyface works because "kids like him," as though kids don't cheer for literally anyone who is a babyface. Kids are dumb that way.

This is basically what I keep telling people but they still use it as an excuse.

Kids will cheer whoever you tell them to.

Casual women will cheer anyone they think is good looking.

Some guys will cheer people just because they know it'll get a reaction from the other side.

Pikma

Banned
Apparently TakeOver San Antonio was the most viewed TakeOver ever

The show had the worst card yet for a TO but it overdelivered so I'm ok with that

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'll assume Fast Lane is some combination of

Goldberg v Owens for the title
Reigns vs Stroman - winner gets Undertaker
Rematch for Tag Titles
Jericho vs Rollins for #1 Contender

I doubt it. They have to put Lesnar in a match with Goldberg and Lesnar isn't scheduled to be on the show. The only way this works if if we expect Lesnar to interfere in the main title match to set up the feud at WM and Owens to actually go into WM as champ, which I don't see happening at all.

I'm not really sure how they set Lesnar up for Goldberg anyways given that Lesnar isn't going to apparently be working any matches until WM. Why would he get a shot at Goldberg's title anyways? He got completely owned by Goldberg at every possible previous opportunity.

Mahonay

Banned
This is basically what I keep telling people but they still use it as an excuse.

Some guys will cheer people just because they know it'll get a reaction from the other side.
Guys that think they are alphas love Roman too.

Zach

I woke up and there was puke everywhere. I must have REALLY hated that Rumble.

0E97Jpi.png

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

I mean, kids would cheer Sami Zayn a lot more than they already do if they made him overcome the odds instead of not overcoming the odds.

People keep complaining about Geek Zayn, but Geek Zayn is a better character than underdog-who-never-does-anything-entertaining Zayn.

I woke up and there was puke everywhere. I must have REALLY hated that Rumble.

Sorry, but LOL

Pikma

Banned
I doubt it. They have to put Lesnar in a match with Goldberg and Lesnar isn't scheduled to be on the show. The only way this works if if we expect Lesnar to interfere in the main title match to set up the feud at WM and Owens to actually go into WM as champ, which I don't see happening at all.

I'm not really sure how they set Lesnar up for Goldberg anyways given that Lesnar isn't going to apparently be working any matches until WM. Why would he get a shot at Goldberg's title anyways? He got completely owned by Goldberg at every possible previous opportunity.
No one cares about legitimately earning title shots or writing proper storylines, Heyman will come out talk shit about Oldberg and then chanllenge him, Oldberg will say let's fucking do it!!!! And there you go, WM match

I just wrote a full WWE promo script in 1 minute

He will always be the winner of my heart.
😀

Goldberg will be announced as number one contender for no apparent reason.

I think we'll get Reigns-Strowman progress. Maybe they win matches to determine the top two contenders and then meet at FastLane for the next #1 contender match.

Return match for tag belts.

Bayley gets beat up by Nia, who wants to go at Charlotte.

Seth gets slapped by Stephanie. Trips doesn't show up.

Beyond that, just RAW things.
thanks for leaking the script. Maybe they'll go back and revise it

Mahonay

Banned
I hope Meltzer gets the scoop on the reaction in Gorilla when Roman came out as 30
Vince clearly thinks Roman has Cena appeal, and he thinks Roman's getting the same mixed Cena cheers/boos. He can't see the go-away heat being thrown in his direction.

"This is fine" was probably what was going on in Gorilla.

imBask

Banned
holy shit I should screenshot this page, you're ALL going to hate Tye Dillinger 4 months from now. Let's see how that gimmick will do with Cole shoving it down your throat every. single. week.

Hasney

I miss Carlitos apple, but man, he looks in much better shape these days.

holy shit I should screenshot this page, you're ALL going to hate Tye Dillinger 4 months from now. Let's see how that gimmick will do with Cole shoving it down your throat every. single. week.

Well if he's on Raw I likely won't see him, so I'll just have my
dreamy
memories of him.

He says 10 and the crowd loves it

for maybe a month on the main roster, then people will get bored of it and turn on him

The ten chant with your hands is extremely fun

He's got a gimmick that actually resonates with people. Remember when that was a thing?

As a wrestler he's meh, but he overcompensates.

he's an okay wrestler who has a gimmick/chant that's pretty over

Its called charisma, the likes of which 90% of the roster wishes they had.,

He's a pretty solid worker with a very popular gimmick who deserves a proper chance at making it on the main roster, and no, WWECW was not a proper chance.

Sounds like he'll last a month.

Mahonay

Banned
I am definitely betting that he gets the Fandango treatment.

I enjoy Tye but his gimmick has less main roster potential/longevity than Tyler Breeze. And we all saw how they did Breeze.

I hate to say it, but imbask might be... right

Barrage

The Chant is over, Dillinger is middling.

I am so, so happy the Ten chant didnt ruin the Rumble. That really was an awesome crowd last night (minus the Cruiser match).

Top Bottom