• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT2| Big Month Meltz

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The CW division has been pretty bad, but its largely a function of not having any of the guys people will get behind on the show and not letting them do CWC-style matches. It doesn't even follow. The entire point of the CW division is to be indie-flippy-smark bait.

lmao

Trashman ‏@Redbyrd2 1h1 hour ago

@MegaTJP Completely shocked you couldn't get over as a face.
TJ Perkins🇵🇭 ‏@MegaTJP 1h1 hour ago

@Redbyrd2 ...perhaps if you keep lying more ppl might believe you. Your tears are delicious tho..

*video of fans cheering in parking lot*
Trashman
‏@Redbyrd2

@MegaTJP You're the king o the parking lot. Hope you translate that to an arena one day.

https://twitter.com/Redbyrd2/status/826168678781562880

The announcement at the end suggested Spike are indeed televising the tournament. I mean, at a push I could think of 64 guys at least, but it's gonna be an absolute bastard to sort out.

There's going to be a whole bunch of no-names, even among people who regularly follow all the indies

People off the streets maybe even

There's going to be a whole bunch of no-names, even among people who regularly follow all the indies

People off the streets maybe even

Probably aye, I'd also expect them to get people like the Rock 'n' Roll Express and shit like that. Hell, I might give them a call and they'll put me on, and I make Grado look like Rick Rude!

Also, they're absolute morons for thinking they can do the Manchester Arena.

Hasney

You know what I found somewhat distracting and mildly annoying? That WARRIORS BLEW A 3-1 LEAD sign. Like, huh-HA! It's fun for a match. But then you need to put it away.

Yeah, it distracted from the important things of the night
like the Curt Hawkins sign behind it

The announcement at the end suggested Spike are indeed televising the tournament. I mean, at a push I could think of 64 guys at least, but it's gonna be an absolute bastard to sort out.

Yeah, if they pull it off, mad credit to them. But hey, there's always enhancement talent for the opening rounds I guess.

Probably aye, I'd also expect them to get people like the Rock 'n' Roll Express and shit like that. Hell, I might give them a call and they'll put me on, and I make Grado look like Rick Rude!

Also, they're absolute morons for thinking they can do the Manchester Arena.

My hope is they use the extra capacity for A SECOND RING

Two matches at once! Double the no-names, double the excitement!

Sephzilla

@MegaTJP
There's soooooo much fanfic and pic edits of me with women superstars....and I read/enjoy/save ALL OF IT.

Yall just keep stanning for TJP despite all the evidence though, it's fine, not like it's piling up or anything

VO3HjlL.gif

Pretty much all of the CW division seems like a failure

Yep. Outside of Gallagher and Neville the CW division has been a bust

Pikma

Banned
The CW division has been pretty bad, but its largely a function of not having any of the guys people will get behind on the show and not letting them do CWC-style matches. It doesn't even follow. The entire point of the CW division is to be indie-flippy-smark bait.
They need to get rid of the rest holds yeah but that last 205 main event was FULL of great quality flippy shit yet the crowd was BOOING them, so that tells me it's not a function of match quality anymore, it's a function of the product being directed towards the wrong audience.

If people who pay for a ticket to go watch Smackdown can't tell who Mickie James is how the fuck do you expect them to care about/ get behind the cruiserweights

Menome

I thought TJ Perkins was bland as hell after the Cruiserweight Tournament and lost any interest quite quickly. The MRA bullshit was the cherry on top.

Hasney

I thought TJ Perkins was bland as hell after the Cruiserweight Tournament and lost any interest quite quickly. The MRA bullshit was the cherry on top.

It was quite funny having him be the 4th choice champion after ZSJ and Ibushi didn't sign deals and Metallik had too many dates left.

If people who pay for a ticket to go watch Smackdown can't tell who Mickie James is

This is still one of the most amazing things to happen in WWE recently for me. Like, for all the talk about Vince and HHH seeing their fans as idiots, that's one of those things that makes you think "maybe they're right"

ReiGun

TJP has a gimmick that you need an incredible amount of charisma and swagger to pull off, and he might be the most swagger-less individual in the entire CW division.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Anyone have a gif of when Elsworth got killed?

To me, that was the biggest Jesus Christ moment.

Even Meltzer thought it was a horrible idea, but it feels like Ellsworth just takes ridiculous bumps just to get himself in with the show as the "guy that takes horrible bumps" to put over other people.

FWIW, I think the Carmella-Ellsworth thing is funny, though. He's basically just Santino Marella II.

This is still one of the most amazing things to happen in WWE recently for me. Like, for all the talk about Vince and HHH seeing their fans as idiots, that's one of those things that makes you think "maybe they're right"
Again though...

When I went to Raw and Smackdown in Chicago they didn't show the live feed on the titantron, instead they just have the show logo up there the entire time, besides backstage bits and commercials. The live feed was played on the arena's jumbotron which you can barely see from lower seats with all of their set rigs in the way

If the crowd had that shit and also had the big reveal partially obscured by a cage, the big reveal was a brown haired woman

If they haven't paid attention to NXT and expected Mickie there's no reason for anyone to know who that is without a clear shot of her

Oh shit Shiavonne said Goldberg would try to challenge guys in the locker rooms when he was at uga. Goldberg was shooting in college. Until he started getting around real shooters.

Angry Grimace

It makes me laugh that the only promo for Raw they showed at Royal Rumble was a picture of Steph.

Hasney

Corey during the final 3 of the Rumble: "It's not often you see The Big Dog outnumbered and hunted"

Even he doesn't watch Raw!

Angry Grimace

I mean, the Raw after the Rumble will draw comparatively big ratings anyways, but it was kind of funny.

Hasney

Was Corbin taken out of the rumble before Roman came in because The Lone Wolf sounds better than The Big Dog?

"Ow, my piles" sounds better than the big dog.

I'm sure Raw Verbiage writers have come up with better for the rest of the guys in the ring.

Was Corbin taken out of the rumble before Roman came in because The Lone Wolf sounds better than The Big Dog?

Is most of your love of Corbin from watching Talking Smack? Cause I'm a fan as well, but I cannot possibly imagine being one if I only watch Smackdown. Which is lightweight kind've a problem.

Top Bottom