• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT2| Big Month Meltz

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
So why wasn't Seth in the Rumble?

I know he's dismantling the machine or whatever but it was never explained on anything I've seen

The preshow explained he was banned from the building after the NXT thing.

As for Noelle, I doubt there ever was a real option for her to succeed, I assume it was all a stunt to push her "brand."

Hasney

Man, she must have been bad if she couldn't make it into NXT. I figured being hot and the daughter of Mick Foley would have given her a free ticket.

Yeah, I was just thinking that. Like Foley's post-career knees must have been somehow genetic or something.

So head out to the indies and make a name for herself in Japanese death matches. It's the only way.
Meet your new trailer, Mr. Zandig.

*zoom in on Noelle's reaction as she gulps*

Cut to talking head of Mick: "Deathmatches are bad enough for the participants, but imagine how I feel!"

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I assume failing an NXT tryout is legitimately a thing they baked into their show, because I highly doubt they ever planned to actually admit her as a wrestler.

I had heard they wanted her to be a backstage interviewer, but she's like Tom Phillips height, so that's not so good.

Hasney

Meet your new trailer, Mr. Zandig.

*zoom in on Noelle's reaction as she gulps*

Cut to talking head of Mick: "Deathmatches are bad enough for the participants, but imagine how I feel!"

JEEZUS

Also, to put into context how unathletic Noelle must be, Paige passed that test with scoliosis

somedevil

Man, she must have been bad if she couldn't make it into NXT. I figured being hot and the daughter of Mick Foley would have given her a free ticket.

Yeah, I was just thinking that. Like Foley's post-career knees must have been somehow genetic or something.

They invited her to another tryout if she improves it and becomes more technically sound.

Mick Foley was never a natural athlete even with good knees and women they are hiring now either have Indie experience or gifted with natural athleticism.

Hasney

They invited her to another tryout if she improves it and becomes more technically sound.

Mick Foley was never a natural athlete even with good knees and women they are hiring now either have Indie experience or gifted with natural athleticism.

Oh, ak that's the season 2 hook then.

Damn booking. We've been worked!

It probably looked something like this.

em1EH7P.gif

Hasney

Ron_Killings_%26_Vince_McMahon_laughing.jpg

"And then I said to Paul, if they want a Samoan at #30, I'll give them what they want"

"Hey Truth, do that dance for me again. You know, the one I love"

19163%20-%20Dancing%20WWE_Network%20animated_macro%20autoplay_gif%20gif%20logo%20r-truth%20smiling%20wwe.gif

Its just so silly to have 10 guys laying on the floor for 10 minutes, not moving, This rumble was horrible. No Surprises. And a winner that would make you think its 2006.

Tall4Life

Excuse you, Total Divas is real and that's why half the people on the show go around being called their stage names when around close friends and personal family members.
I can legitimately see the older guys calling each other by their kayfabe names outside of the show. No way does someone call HBKBMichael Hickenbottom.

Rumble thoughts so far (bear in mind, from someone who is cold turkey on main roster WWE bar a PPV every couple months)

V. Good stuff from Charlotte and Bayley, as expected.
Owens vs Roman very fun brawl.
Neville vs Swann was a damn shame. The crowd were popping loud for the 45 seconds or so of CWC style highspots and action. Just let them do that and you unfuck the division.
Great AJ/Cena match.

All that said, and knowing who wins the Rumble, and that expected card, Mania is entirely skippable. Even as someone who like most, has totally come round on Big Match John the last couple years, to the point where any other time of year, I wouldn't begrudge him the title, a SD title picture of Orton vs Cena is a bottom of the barrel negative interest level match, and Orton vs Wyatt is only a notch above that.

Going to watch the Rumble tomorrow

somedevil

this page:

people getting worked by wwe reality shows

True but it fits with the idea of what they are looking for in women now.

The ones they pick up from scratch are natural athletes like Naomi, Carmella, Alexa Bliss, Liv Morgan and Daria.

Eva Marie is last remnant of the old days.

They really do that? That would honestly be enough for me to drop the show.
It's not with everyone but it feels kind of off when everyone is calling Paige, Eva and Alicia by their stage names all the time. But maybe the same happens behind the scenes.

Nikki and Brie go by their real names but their real names are basically the long version of their ring names. Naomi goes by her real name, and Natalya tends to go by Nattie which works for both her real and ring name. All their boyfriends/husbands go by their real names though (with the exception of Rusev and Ambrose).

I know too much about this show.

I can legitimately see the older guys calling each other by their kayfabe names outside of the show. No way does someone call HBKBMichael Hickenbottom.
It's just kind of weird. I'm not sure if it's something the women actually do or if they only do it because there are cameras all over the place.

Tall4Life

Very few spots seemed to, outside of some eliminations. Goldberg spear and Loo Parper setting up Sister Abigail were only a couple that I remember.
Lol wtf? There was a pop for Henry/Strowman, Strowman/Show, Tye, Corbin eliminating Braun, New Day getting eliminated together and then Sheamus trying to throw out Cesaro, and others I'm forgetting. The crowd was very hot for the Rumble.

Angry Grimace

You bet your sweet ass everyone calls Hunter Haitch.

Alvarez asked HHH this question a week ago.

His co-workers generally called him "Hunter" but people around the office call him "Paul," and he professionally goes by Paul these days, but a lot of people who weren't around for his transition to front-office work were confused about who "Paul" actually is (a lot of the old timers get work as road agents and such).

ReiGun

They really do that? That would honestly be enough for me to drop the show.

Yup. Naomi and Cameron when she was on are the only ones who use their actual names. Besides the men, who use their real names for some reason (Miz is Mike, Jimmy Uso is John, etc).

It's funny cause Naomi's actual name, Trinity, would be a better stage name than her actual stage name.

Hasney

Lol wtf? There was a pop for Henry/Strowman, Strowman/Show, Tye, Corbin eliminating Braun, New Day getting eliminated together and then Sheamus trying to throw out Cesaro, and others I'm forgetting. The crowd was very hot for the Rumble.

Outside of eliminations and entrances I mean. Yeah, the Braun/Henry state down got one, which was weird to me until I remembered Mark Henry's from Texas. But most of the spots that didn't end up chucking someone over that didn't involve the part timers didn't really land.

I loved Xavier saving Kofi and then the double kick from the apron and it got nothing.

Top Bottom