• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT2| Big Month Meltz

Mahonay

Banned
I forgot everyone cheering Roman in 2014 just because they wanted him to beat Batista. That would be the last Rumble he'd be cheered at.
Yup. And it's the moment Vince thought Roman was going to be a huge fan favorite ass kicking baby face. He didn't get the part where it was tied to Batista's go-away heat during that Rumble

Hasney

Yup. And it's the moment Vince thought Roman was going to be a huge fan favorite ass kicking baby face. He didn't get the part where it was tied to Batista's go-away heat during that Rumble

Yeah, in hindsight, it's also kind of weird that the replay they show straight after Batista winning is all of Romans eliminations. I don't even think they showed the final elimination.

3+ years of keeping Roman strong.

There isn't even a way to book that. They set up Strowman vs Owens and Sami Zayn vs Jericho at Fastlane last night. Goldberg was challenged by Lesnar for Mania already.....no title involved, just Lesnar wanting to end Goldberg once and for all.

If they suddenly switch gears and give Goldberg a title shot at Fastlane it would be out of left field.

Oh really? I hadn't watched Raw yet outside of the Joe debut, so I wasn't aware of the Fastlane stuff. That sounds a lot better then, Goldberg will probably just be there for one of those talk show segments or something. So is Strowman a face now or what?

Hasney

He's a 50 year old pro wrestler. He's going to look like shit regardless.

wwe-royal-rumble-2014-kevin-nash-diesel.jpg

Oh really? I hadn't watched Raw yet outside of the Joe debut, so I wasn't aware of the Fastlane stuff. That sounds a lot better then, Goldberg will probably just be there for one of those talk show segments or something. So is Strowman a face now or what?

Strowman just does not give a shit about alignment, which is actually good booking. He just wants to kick some ass.

Mahonay

Banned
Stroman is just a chaotic beast that tries to kill every one and everything. Not a baby face, but also gladly fucks up heels. I like it a lot. One of the better characters they've put together in a while.

Kaladin

Stroman is just a chaotic beast that tries to kill every one and everything. Not a baby face, but also gladly fucks up heels. I like it a lot. One of the better characters they've put together in a while.

They're making Strowman into what they wanted from Brock Lesnar, I think.

Strowman just does not give a shit about alignment, which is actually good booking. He just wants to kick some ass.
Fucking sweet. Strowman's grown a lot on me since his debut, so that's a push I'm perfectly fine with.

Sephzilla

Taker should really be told to hang it up. Dude is 51 but he looks like he's about the same age as Hogan and Flair. His body is falling apart. He looks like shit. Comparatively, Goldberg and Nash are around the same age range and look way better.

Mahonay

Banned
Fucking sweet. Strowman's grown a lot on me since his debut, so that's a push I'm perfectly fine with.
The turn around they've made with him is pretty insane. This time last year we were all laughing at the idea of WWE wanting Stroman vs Lesnar, because Braun just looked so goofy and bad in the ring. The guy was called up way too early but he's made the improvements that were needed to be a legitimate monster.

I would be curious to know who is building the booking around Braun. It's just so drastically better than before. Vince does land a slam dunk every now and then though, even when he's shitting everything else up.

kiguel182

The 2014 Rumble was the stuff of legends. People weren't having it. They wanted Bryan and that was it.

The moment Mysterio comes out was just something else. Poor guy but man Vince fucked up real bad.

Batista was in the wrong place at the wrong time too.

The fact that they didn't have Bryan win the Rumble and wanted Batista v Orton is still mind-blowing to me.

That whole build was something else.

Sephzilla

The 2014 Rumble was the stuff of legends. People weren't having it. They wanted Bryan and that was it.

The moment Mysterio comes out was just something else. Poor guy but man Vince fucked up real bad.

Batista was in the wrong place at the wrong time too.

The fact that they didn't have Bryan win the Rumble and wanted Batista v Orton is still mind-blowing to me.

That whole build was something else.

If Vince wasn't such an incredibly stubborn human being, that should have been the moment he realized that maybe he should have stepped down from creative.

It's probably not a coincidence that Goldberg has been in action a total of like 2 minutes since he returned. Dude probably can't go anymore.

Well, Goldberg's entire career was based around working no longer than 2 minutes at a time. His Mania rematch against Lesnar should be 3 spears and a Jackhammer.

Hasney

Hey, just spitballing here, but what if the Shaw deal fell through and it was BRAUN Vs Big Show for the title?

Guys?

...Guys?

It's probably not a coincidence that Goldberg has been in action a total of like 2 minutes since he returned. Dude probably can't go anymore.

Yeah, no idea what they're going to do at Mania. Another squash or just put on a terrible match?

cordy

Banned
We're not getting Cena/Orton guys, Meltzer probably woulda mentioned that.

We're getting Cena/Ziggler or Cena/Corbin or Cena and Nikki/Miz and Maryse.

Cena's about to go over someone else and you're gonna like it!

Brock must be laughing all the way to the bank, I bet he loves the Goldberg squashes. Dude has to wrestle for two minutes and then gets paid more than most on the roster.
We're not getting Cena/Orton guys, Meltzer didn't deny that.

Oh god, now I'm seeing Cena/Corbin as a real possibility.

Hasney

It should simply be another squash match. I want the entire story-line to be "fuck you Brock. Goldberg was better"

And at the end of the feud, it turns out it was all an elaborate anti-drugs advert with Brock turning to hard cam straight after being beaten with a mic and says "Winners don't sue drugs. I wouldn't have won if it was for those pesky PEDs!"

Buys through the roof.

Kaladin

Come on guys, can't you see it?

Cena isn't going to be around long, but he wants Flair's record and to get that he has to get to 17 world title runs.....not 16. So it stands to reason that his sixteenth title run will be quick. He'll get a rematch at the next Smackdown PPV which he'll win.

I was actually thinking the other day, Atlanta is getting a big fancy new stadium that can probably host a Wrestlemania in the next few years, are there any WCW standouts aside from Steiner and Buff that still need to be inducted into the Hall? Same with Minnesota and the AWA.

cordy

Banned
Oh god, now I'm seeing Cena/Corbin as a real possibility.

Yeah it's said that Cena's WM opponent is someone that "nobody will be celebrating" so take it for what you will. It's not Orton as he's still stated for Wyatt.

It'll be Corbin, Miz in an mixed tag or Ziggler. Who else is someone people won't be celebrating? They're the only ones that match up.

We're not getting Cena/Orton guys, Meltzer probably woulda mentioned that.

LMAO
Imagine them crowning Corbin this year

Hasney

Come on guys, can't you see it?

Cena isn't going to be around long, but he wants Flair's record and to get that he has to get to 17 world title runs.....not 16. So it stands to reason that his sixteenth title run will be quick. He'll get a rematch at the next Smackdown PPV which he'll win.

I joke about Cena V Orton this year, but I've convinced myself that in the next 14 months, Orton will get another 4 reigns and equal it too. Vacate the belt for some reason and your main event next year is Cena V Orton, winner breaks the record.

Mahonay

Banned
I was actually thinking the other day, Atlanta is getting a big fancy new stadium that can probably host a Wrestlemania in the next few years, are there any WCW standouts aside from Steiner and Buff that still need to be inducted into the Hall? Same with Minnesota and the AWA.
Bagwell? Lol. I guess since they do just induct whoever the fuck regardless of actual impact.

Hasney

Hugh Morris?
lol

Regal and Jericho are the only two names that come to mind and they did better things in WWE anyway.

EDIT: Actually, just induct Evolution and get Flair in again.

Top Bottom