• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT2| Stop watching this garbage and get HBO Go

Hasney

I finally watched that Reigns/Rock promo.... Well,that was awful. It was cringe worthy and hard to watch.

You're getting fired tomorrow. Stop laughing, we're live.

New Paige:

MnLdbqh.gif

kiguel182

Does anybody here subscribe to Hulu Plus outside of the US?

I wouldn't mind paying for NXT without having to subscribe to the Network.

Ithil

I feel bad for Reigns on a certain level, as it was meant to be his big night and it was shat on (after was received well last Rumble), but sympathy is limited by that interview he did before the Rumble where was like "No one actually hates me, anyone that criticizes me just hates themselves". That kind of mentality needs a wakeup call early on.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
That triple threat match was so indie-rific with the finisher spam, near-falls and kick outs at one. I mean, I enjoyed it, but I was surprised so many who shit on indie wrestling for the very same things seemed to enjoy it as well. Fell asleep during the Rumble, woke up to see Rock run in. Fell asleep again.

The thread title should be; 'Stop watching this garbage and get NJPW World'

*edit, forgot to mention, Cena busting out some rare shit from his war crate last night was pretty great. Michinoku Driver, sit-out powerbomb and that sweet Curb Stomp counter into an STF. That was so smooth.

I really liked it, and one reason why when it's in the indies it gets tired, when it's on this scale and level it's a whole different beast to me. Watching a 5'6" dude with a low muscle grade (or Elgin) do it makes me roll my eyes - but seeing Brock Lesnar and Cena getting in the middle of it changes it for me and makes it feel especially fresh. I would have said Rollins as well but he's still really indie-rific. Not a knock against him - he went above and beyond last night especially and he was a delight to watch on that stage. Absolutely phenomenal!

Rumble was worth the price of admission for that match, it was such a strong match. Really amazing, considering Rumble title matches are usually just a stopgap and not barn burners.

Aiii

So not worth it
Haven't had a problem yet, though I sub to unblock-us. I hear people using that Hola crap have problems all the time (though, they have problems with everything they stream, not just Hulu).

UberTag

I feel bad for Reigns on a certain level, as it was meant to be his big night and it was shat on (after was received well last Rumble), but sympathy is limited by that interview he did before the Rumble where was like "No one actually hates me, anyone that criticizes me just hates themselves". That kind of mentality needs a wakeup call early on.
Clearly there were a ton of self-hating people who paid $500 for seats to Roman's coronation last night.
Hopefully they won't make that mistake again.

BLACK PERSON! GET THE TABLES!!!!!!!!
I hear Virgil's still looking for work. This sounds like a gig he could get in on.

Ithil

I forgot Cole said "We have seen the advent of Roman Reigns tonight!" while the entire crowd boos.

This must be the most flaccid "rise of the new top guy" they've ever had, surely.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
FYI Virgil's theme was in last year's Avatar Rumble

So Virgil can still get that work.

kiguel182

I forgot Cole said "We have seen the advent of Roman Reigns tonight!" while the entire crowd boos.

This must be the most flaccid "rise of the new top guy" they've ever had, surely.

Or how they were losing that shit at the win while the crowd going from booing to apathy. It made no sense.

StevieWhite

Perspective from the 5th row: great show until halfway through the Rumble. Had a blast there live - can't let a bad rumble taint the whole thing. I'll post pics once I've uploaded them.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I am surprised any of you thought Dolph Ziggler was going to look like anything in the Rumble. He's not main event talent.

Just watched the WWE Backstage Fallout video thing, wow, geez Dwayne relax.

He was legit shook, I honestly thought he was gonna start malfunctioning again like he did when he was cutting a promo against Cena.

Guy was suuuuper upset at the boos I think, and for some reason took it out on the crew doing that thing, like they were the ones out there boo'ing. :|

Maybe if you watched the product you'd understand why the fans were annoyed at the result Dwayne, something tells me he's not use to such a reaction, the ego and family pride musta taken a hit.

Blame Vince and terrible booking, not random backstage people.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
At what point does Bryan not have to win and still have these types of crowds and half of this thread be pleased. Temper tantrum shit at this point.

You get the sense the Super Bryan, friend to Super Cena, would be cheered for a decent while. Which is cute.

Probably when the fans choose their next top babyface after Bryan. Isn't "giving fans what they want" the go-to line whenever Vince or Stephanie have an interview with mainstream press? Pro wrestling isn't complicated, the fans aren't complicated but somehow Vince McMahon is more confused than ever.

For some reason, the Titus O'Neill use / elimination really bugged me as well.

You just realized what it means to be black in the WWE.

Thorakai

Bunch of news sites can just take their articles from last year and just replace Batista with Roman Reigns and get that internet money.

RP912

Banned
So are we going to expect the Walkout of 2015...because after last night, it's time to either go to another promotion or apply to UPS because wtf.

Bizazedo

Was he supposed to break Santino's record but fucked it up and they couldn't do it?
Felt like it. Maybe pride kicked in and he subconsciously saved himself.

He's another guy it feels like they waste.

Perspective from the 5th row: great show until halfway through the Rumble. Had a blast there live - can't let a bad rumble taint the whole thing. I'll post pics once I've uploaded them.

Royal Rumble was a blast to be there, live. Singing along with thousands of people to Cena's song and adding in John Cena Sucks..John Cena suuuuuuuuuuucks..to the theme was amazing.

The hostility from the crowd at the final four, especially at the final three, was off the charts, though. And it had nothing to do with Daniel Bryan. Reigns was getting a mountain of boos before the show even started, every time he showed up in a video promo.

GhaleonQ

The biggest problem with WWE is the whole "Top Guy" mentality. It's been that way for decades. One Top Guy and a rogues gallery of heels for that guy to defeat. I don't think it works anymore. You need multiple top guys both as faces and heels.

The WWE is doing a shit job of using the rostrr they have to work with. They have plenty of guys and girls with talent but they waste them. "Oh shit Cesaro is over with the crowd!" "Let's turn him heel and cool him off"

"Ambrose is selling merch and getting pops, gotta cool him off"

"Reigns sucks on the mic and in singles matches, give him more mic time and a mania main event"

How many times has Ziggler been hot? How many times have they cooled him off?

Basically the TL;DR is fuck this company. The product could be miles better if they weren't micromanged by an old man who lost his midas touch 15 years ago.

That's the easiest thing to emulate from New Japan right now. Instead of having 1 top guy, they had 2 top guys. And then they purposely, perhaps prematurely, created a 3rd top guy who rose to the challenge. And then they tried to create a 4th top guy who hasn't worked out yet, but they possibly just created a new 4th top guy this past Wrestle Kingdom.

Matches are inherently exciting without depending on outside storylines because any of those 4 could hypothetically win their big matches.

jmdajr

sooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Wtf. Is Bryan just going to show up and apologize to the fans for sucking ass and then demand his rematch clause?

If Bryan wasn't going to win he should have least gotten to the point where he looked like he was gonna win and then got screwed over the authority somehow. Instead it's just an after thought. You know..I don't think he even eliminated anyone.

Just fucking baffling. Ok, maybe they think Brock is not a good opponent because of his neck, but still....... not bueno man. Not bueno. Pinfall on Trips wasted.

Aiii

So not worth it
That's the easiest thing to emulate from New Japan right now. Instead of having 1 top guy, they had 2 top guys. And then they purposely, perhaps prematurely, created a 3rd top guy who rose to the challenge. And then they tried to create a 4th top guy who hasn't worked out yet, but they possibly just created a new 4th top guy this past Wrestle Kingdom.

Matches are inherently exciting without depending on outside storylines because any of those 4 could hypothetically win their big matches.

New Japan has this policy where all the titles mean something. NXT does the same thing, as do most other promotions.

It's not like there's one top title and then a bunch of idiot jobbers that aren't worth a damn. Nope, the New Japan IC title is important, their tag titles are important. The Never title means something. Holding any belt in New Japan makes you a big fucking deal, not just the IWGP Heavyweight Title.

UberTag

sooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Wtf. Is Bryan just going to show up and apologize to the fans for sucking ass and then demand his rematch clause?
Why would he waste his rematch clause now when he's looked like a complete loser since coming back? I mean, he may just to kickstart a pointless feud with Sheamus but what would the point of it all be?

If Bryan wasn't going to win he should have least gotten to the point where he looked like he was gonna win and then got screwed over the authority somehow. Instead it's just an after thought. You know..I don't think he even eliminated anyone.
I can verify that D.Brine did eliminate that guy in the cat pajamas who can't satisfy his wife.

joelseph

Just watched the WWE Backstage Fallout video thing, wow, geez Dwayne relax.

He was legit shook, I honestly thought he was gonna start malfunctioning again like he did when he was cutting a promo against Cena.

Guy was suuuuper upset at the boos I think, and for some reason took it out on the crew doing that thing, like they were the ones out there boo'ing. :|

Maybe if you watched the product you'd understand why the fans were annoyed at the result Dwayne, something tells me he's not use to such a reaction, the ego and family pride musta taken a hit.

Blame Vince and terrible booking, not random backstage people.

I was so embarrassed for them both I had to turn it off.

Patryn

You know, I think I kind of understand the Bryan elimination. I think they wanted no part of having Bryan and Reigns in the same ring because they knew the crowd would be way more behind Bryan. In addition, I think they were worried that Bryan's elimination would bring nuclear heat, so they also wanted to shield Reigns from any of that.

However, why they put Bryan in the Rumble in the first place is a goddamn mystery. They had to know it was going to end in boos. The only thing I can think of is that they wanted to avoid a Rey situation where the crowd just shat on whoever was 30 when it became obvious he wasn't in it.

Honestly, what they should have done is just announce before the PPV that Bryan wasn't going to be in the Rumble and take the hit then.

I really hope that the Rumble reaction leads to some major soul-searching. Of course, they're now kind of fucked with this Blizzard, because what are they going to do about Raw and Smackdown? At the least, the Smackdown taping in Boston isn't going to happen, flat out because I'm fairly certain that the state will likely close down the roads if the blizzard does happen.

And I have no doubt Vince wants none of Philly again, because Reigns only shot is not getting booed out of the building tonight.

Top Bottom