• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT2| Stop watching this garbage and get HBO Go

Ithil

"The fans" haven't chosen their top babyface. A segment of fans have chosen Bryan above all others. Another segment has rode with Cena for 32 years now and shows no signs of letting up.

There were more than a half-dozen dudes who were in the Rumble that would have been fun for Wrestlemania if they had won: Bryan, Reigns, Ambrose, Wyatt, Rusev, Ziggler, Big E, Ryback.

The crowd wanted one guy, and would have accepted maybe three others assuming their top choice was already eliminated. It's dumb at this point.

This isn't 2010. Give it up with the "vocal minority" shit.

The fans want Daniel Bryan as the top guy. They've made it clear many times now, and the WWE refuses to listen. All the super manpunches in the world isn't going to change that.
Calling the fans dumb for loving a guy and wanting him as the star is idiotic. This is a business, and Bryan is best for it. You don't go against what your audience wants because "Errrrgh he's not tall enough!" you go with the guy that's most guaranteed to be a star.

ABC News ‏@ABC 37s38 seconds ago
JUST IN: Connecticut Gov. Malloy: Travel ban to be issued for entire state at 9 p.m. ET Monday ahead of snowstorm - @AaronKatersky

So about that Raw........

Hasney

Pathetically stuck his arms out while not even attempting to position himself correctly. Man, fuck the Miz.

He was standing in the right position for how far Usos usually dive. I mean, it is Miz, so he could have then sidstepped and I wouldn't be shocked, but still.

UberTag

Where are my midcard storylines. Why is WWE so bad at their job.
There are no midcard storylines because then midcards will get over. And then Cena will feel his merch sales are threatened. Can't have that.
It's why Zack Ryder was destroyed and the rest of the midcard trades wins back and forth into irrelevancy.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
JUST IN: Connecticut Gov. Malloy: Travel ban to be issued for entire state at 9 p.m. ET Monday ahead of snowstorm - @AaronKatersky

LOL

Halftime Heat, baby! Empty arena style!

I don't think I've ever felt anything, love or hate for Titus before (other than he seems pretty funny from random Total Divas appearances).

But I was really bothered by his Royal Rumble spot, how can you not even let him do his noise thing? Then they botched the elimination and it all just made it seem stupid.

There is jobber and then there is F**K YOU FOR NO REASON YOU JOBBER jobber. Can these guys at least do something. What did he do to deserve that?

I guess when you're making everyone actually popular and loved look like complete shit for some stupid reason, the actual jobbers got no chance.

UberTag

Clearly Mother Nature hated last night's Rumble as well.
This is her way of taking as big a shit as possible on one Vince McMahon.
Shame he never found a way to control the weather.
I bet he's real upset about it too.
Dude has an aneurysm when he gets a bout of hiccups for crying out loud.

Hasney

This is incredible. Like even the weather is working against Reigns big moment.

Bizazedo

He was standing in the right position for how far Usos usually dive. I mean, it is Miz, so he could have then sidstepped and I wouldn't be shocked, but still.

Watching live, it looked like the Uso hit his feet/knees on the ropes and it prevented him from reaching Miz. Crowd even started a You Fucked Up chant.

Raw64life

WWE saving themselves from 3 hours of Daniel Bryan chants. If anything, they caught a break.

Cagey

Banned
This isn't 2010. Give it up with the "vocal minority" shit.

The fans want Daniel Bryan as the top guy. They've made it clear many times now, and the WWE refuses to listen. All the super manpunches in the world isn't going to change that.
Calling the fans dumb for loving a guy and wanting him as the star is idiotic.[ This is a business, and Bryan is best for it.

You think Cena's fans want Bryan on top over Cena, if it came down to such a choice? Lol. Ok.

You aren't "The Fans". Neither am I. Neither are the fans cheering Cena. Neither was the Philly crowd. The fan base is segmented: what's represented at an expensive ticket in a city like Philly isn't what's happening in Oklahoma City, and vice versa, and damned if I know which group is larger or if you can quantify that, but that doesn't matter. There's a multitude of opinions. You overrate your importance.

Besides, yes. It is stupid, at this point. Let's say Bryan gets thrown into the WM main event and wins the belt again. Another WM moment. Let's say Bryan suffers some freak broken arm, out for awhile. Are we going to have the same shit again next year? Bryan or Riot? #HijackRaw.

The disappointment regarding Bryan, after last year's events, is the "Cena didn't show up at the house show I want a refund" tier of reactions.

jmdajr

reigns_zpse90ed7a5.gif

Thorakai

Yea, Titus deserved better than that. A man with that build and his mic skills should have something to do. There is nothing interesting about someone just getting eliminated like that. Every single entrant should have some sort of spotlight on them.

UberTag

Talk about a nightmare scenario: traveling to RAW without knowing you can leave RAW.
And you thought 4 hours of a RAW taping seemed long. Imagine it never ending.

Yea, Titus deserved better than that. A man with that build and his mic skills should have something to do. There is nothing interesting about someone just getting eliminated like that. Every single entrant should have some sort of spotlight on them.
Shame he's the wrong skin color for Vince or he could at least get a Snitsky-level program. They can't even be bothered to try for Titus.

Hasney

Talk about a nightmare scenario: traveling to RAW without knowing you can leave RAW.

"And since you can't leave, you fans can stay here while we show the Royal Rumble for you FOR FREE for you loyal fans that came out. Starting with the kick off show."

Heroman

Banned
The Rumble makes you sad that there is so much talent, and they are not using it .

RP912

Banned

This feels like a Twilight Zone episode. "The Storm of the Smarks".

kiguel182

Titus was so wasted by the WWE. The guy looks great, he is one of the better talkers in the roster and he's a decent wrestler. Yet they do nothing with him. So dumb.

You think Cena's fans want Bryan on top over Cena, if it came down to such a choice? Lol. Ok.

You aren't "The Fans". Neither am I. Neither are the fans cheering Cena. Neither was the Philly crowd. The fan base is segmented: what's represented at an expensive ticket in a city like Philly isn't what's happening in Oklahoma City, and vice versa, and damned if I know which group is larger or if you can quantify that, but that doesn't matter. There's a multitude of opinions. You overrate your importance.

Besides, yes. It is stupid, at this point. Let's say Bryan gets thrown into the WM main event and wins the belt again. Another WM moment. Let's say Bryan suffers some freak broken arm, out for awhile. Are we going to have the same shit again next year? Bryan or Riot? #HijackRaw.

The disappointment regarding Bryan, after last year's events, is the "Cena didn't show up at the house show I want a refund" tier of reactions.

Wanting something is being an idiot? lol

Wanting refunds because you didn't get what you want is legitimate. If you aren't happy with a product or feel you were wronged you can ask for your money back. And that isn't even what's happening here. Right now people are more in a "they ruined something that could be cool, fuck them" mode.

Paracelsus

At least karma reared its head and they botched the new elimination record spot. I bet Vince raged like hell.

imBask

Banned
Living in Montreal, that tweet about banning transport because of snow is pretty darn funny

it's -25c (that would be -13F according to wolframalpha?) this morning in Montréal

Hasney

When will Rollins cash in!? WHEN?

Raw after Mania. Roman wins but sets up a feud.

Living in Montreal, that tweet about banning transport because of snow is pretty darn funny

it's -25c (that would be -13F according to wolframalpha?) this morning in Montréal

Same in England. Snow happens and the world goes bananas and suddenly you can't travel anywhere. When it's only a few days a year, the infrastructure isn't there.

Striker

I don't think I've ever felt anything, love or hate for Titus before (other than he seems pretty funny from random Total Divas appearances).

But I was really bothered by his Royal Rumble spot, how can you not even let him do his noise thing? Then they botched the elimination and it all just made it seem stupid.
You really gotta ask? Titus is a big dude with muscles and has done notable charity programs. You'd figure with that he would be somewhere, but he's lower than Adam Rose.

UberTag

Friends, I just don't see Roman Reigns beating Brock Lesnar......it's not going to happen.
Sure thing, Mr. Sandman. I believe you.

Oh wait a second, didn't you also say this?

Reigns is the red herring guys. They wanted Lesnar vs Bryan to happen before he got injured and they're going to make good on it at Mania.

It's the biggest money match up they have right now.
Well, now I'm confused.

Wade Keller ‏@thewadekeller 14s15 seconds ago
Smackdown taping tomorrow night all but officially cancelled. Word from inside the building is employees aren't being asked to be at arena.

Wade Keller ‏@thewadekeller 37s37 seconds ago
(cont) Due to weather, not fan revolt, by the way! Rescheduled either Wednesday or maybe even live on Thursday.
0 replies 1 retweet 0 favorites
Reply Retweeted1 Favorite
More

Top Bottom