• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT2| Stop watching this garbage and get HBO Go

imBask

Banned
You know, I think I kind of understand the Bryan elimination. I think they wanted no part of having Bryan and Reigns in the same ring because they knew the crowd would be way more behind Bryan. In addition, I think they were worried that Bryan's elimination would bring nuclear heat, so they also wanted to shield Reigns from any of that.

However, why they put Bryan in the Rumble in the first place is a goddamn mystery. They had to know it was going to end in boos. The only thing I can think of is that they wanted to avoid a Rey situation where the crowd just shat on whoever was 30 when it became obvious he wasn't in it.

Honestly, what they should have done is just announce before the PPV that Bryan wasn't going to be in the Rumble and take the hit then.

I really hope that the Rumble reaction leads to some major soul-searching. Of course, they're now kind of fucked with this Blizzard, because what are they going to do about Raw and Smackdown? The Smackdown taping isn't going to happen, flat out because I'm fairly certain that the state will likely close down the roads if the blizzard does happen.

And I have no doubt Vince wants none of Philly again, because Reigns only shot is not getting booed out of the building tonight.

They were trying to work AROUND the boos, which makes 0 fucking sense

Thorakai

However, why they put Bryan in the Rumble in the first place is a goddamn mystery. They had to know it was going to end in boos. The only thing I can think of is that they wanted to avoid a Rey situation where the crowd just shat on whoever was 30 when it became obvious he wasn't in it.

Not carny enough. My bet is that they knew fanning false hope of Daniel Bryan winning the Rumble would increase network subs. Cutting Bryan out early was just a move to keep heat off Reigns like you said. They wanted to have their cake and eat it too.

Vince: "Just keep shitting on him, eventually the crowd will lose interest."

*years pass*

Vince: "Any moment now."

When will these idiots learn, its just fueling the fire? Just ask Sheamus, LOL remember him? Nope.

I'm calling it now, D-Bry heel turn just to get him out of the way. They'll send him back to the NO! stuff when they made him hate the fans for no reason and wouldn't let him enjoy the cheers.

"I CAME BACK FOR YOU PEOPLE AND LOOK WHERE IT GOT ME! ELIMINATED FROM THE RUMBLE LIKE I WAS NOTHING! NO! NO! NO!"

Ugh. :(

McNei1y

The Triple Threat was fantastic. Cena's writing is still/will always annoy me but damn they all looked good in that match. Loved the continuity with Brock being a beast. Rollins running away from him was brilliant.

jmdajr

The Triple Threat was fantastic. Cena's writing is still/will always annoy me but damn they all looked good in that match. Loved the continuity with Brock being a beast. Rollins running away from him was brilliant.

That match was pretty awesome.

imBask

Banned
the only thing I didn't like in that title match is when Brock no sold that stretcher, if Cena did the same we'd be all over his ass this morning

other than that, great great match

Hasney

I am surprised any of you thought Dolph Ziggler was going to look like anything in the Rumble. He's not main event talent.

But he's a helluva workhorse and had a pre-made angle for coming out as 1 or 2. Why not have someone in the midcard look strong for once? Maybe have him and BNB survive the longest and eliminate each other to setup for an IC title match at FastLane and then put over Rollins at WM since neither have anything else going for them into WM.

Time for Miz to go back into the doghouse.

He looked like he actually tried the catch for once, but the Uso couldn't beat gravity.

Tim-E

A few months ago, I was complaining about how much this community shits on the WWE product and would defend it at any turn.

I was wrong. I'm sorry.

NXT is on Hulu Plus, and I'm already a subscriber to that, so I won't miss that. Also, I've been watching ROH and NJPW a lot, so I'll just spend my free time watching those instead.

The WWE roster is so immensely talented and is full of guys that the crowd loves, but instead they make them all look like fucking jobbers while they focus on Big Show, Kane, and a guy who has only had one singles PPV match and who did basically nothing in this one.

RP912

Banned
I wish some wrestling fans would realize that it's not even Bryne losing...but the fact the WWE was doing the shit on purpose. It's like the 95 rumble when Lawler himself spoiled the match by saying HBK was going to win. In this occasion it's like fuck you fans ROMAN IS WINNING. Stro was right :(. Instead of the fact that I don't care for HBO other than the documentaries and The Sopranos is boring.

Thorakai

Something I forgot about the event last night, there was some ad for WWE and Hulu being played. At some point the guy goes "I'm not a wrestling fan, I'm a WWE fan." Embarrassing.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
But he's a helluva workhorse and had a pre-made angle for coming out as 1 or 2. Why not have someone in the midcard look strong for once? Maybe have him and BNB survive the longest and eliminate each other to setup for an IC title match at FastLane and then put over Rollins at WM since neither have anything else going for them into WM.

Yeah, I wondered the same thing. They didn't make any of the other babyfaces look any good at all. Bryan, Ziggler, Ambrose, they were all thrown out like nothing.

Really, nobody looked good in the Rumble. Wyatt, I guess, but his night came to an early end, too, so what's the booking there?

The match didn't do anything to create or advance any stories, either, except I guess Miz and Sandow. It was a real disaster.

Fox318

ECIzcrp.jpg

Fucking smarks

I really enjoyed the title match, even though I was convinced Rollins was (one way or another) walking out champ. :(

Bork vs Bleedat just doesn't interest me.

If you're gonna force Reigns on us should at least make it a Shield battle or something.

Hoping for a cash in tomorrow. He's really not gonna have much other chances.

Pretty stupid how they say "ONLY 60 WHATEVER DAYS LEFT UNTIL WM!" then proceed to tell us its gonna be Bork vs Reigns so don't bother watching before then cause nothin gonna happen and Bork wont be back until then soo lolol.

And they have the nerve to advertise the in-between PPV just after saying it too haha.

Aiii

So not worth it
I wish some wrestling fans would realize that it's not even Bryne losing...but the fact the WWE was doing the shit on purpose. It's like the 95 rumble when Lawler himself spoiled the match by saying HBK was going to win. In this occasion it's like fuck you fans ROMAN IS WINNING. Stro was right :(. Instead of the fact that I don't care for HBO other than the documentaries and The Sopranos is boring.

Stro wasn't right. Well, he's right that the Soprano's and other HBO shows are great, he's wrong that you shouldn't watch wrestling.

There is more than enough great wrestling right now: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=979568

RP912

Banned
Stro wasn't right. Well, he's right that the Soprano's and other HBO shows are great, he's wrong that you shouldn't watch wrestling.

There is more than enough great wrestling right now: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=979568

Well not to those extremes but atleast change your diet. You have so many angry wrestling fans in here that's about to tune in tonight instead of watching Rawternative, NJPW, and other promotions. Last night proved why I gave up on this WWE shit in the beginning of this year. It's frustrating and it's not worth the aggravation. It's one thing of working the crowd with a storyline like the good old days and another where you downright messing with the fans.

Xater

ECIzcrp.jpg

Fucking smarks

More like everyone except WWE knows how to book this shit better and actually give fans what they want. Well I'm done. I'll enjoy the occasional New Japan show but otherwise I am finally at the point where Stro is, fuck wrestling.

Cagey

Banned
Probably when the fans choose their next top babyface after Bryan. Isn't "giving fans what they want" the go-to line whenever Vince or Stephanie have an interview with mainstream press? Pro wrestling isn't complicated, the fans aren't complicated but somehow Vince McMahon is more confused than ever.

"The fans" haven't chosen their top babyface. A segment of fans have chosen Bryan above all others. Another segment has rode with Cena for 32 years now and shows no signs of letting up.

There were more than a half-dozen dudes who were in the Rumble that would have been fun for Wrestlemania if they had won: Bryan, Reigns, Ambrose, Wyatt, Rusev, Ziggler, Big E, Ryback.

The crowd wanted one guy, and would have accepted maybe three others assuming their top choice was already eliminated. It's dumb at this point.

RP912

Banned
I have a feeling Titus is going to leave and it'll upset me because he has talent in the ring.

Dude was legit piss and I don't blame him. He's good on the mic, entertaining as hell, and can put on a good match. He would have been an exceptional midcarder but WWE constantly putting roadblocks in his direction. So screw a brass ring.

McNei1y

Where are my midcard storylines? Why is WWE so bad at their job?

What? Titus sucks. He couldn't even get this one dumb spot right.

I didn't even realize he had a spot. I blinked and I missed him.

Dude was legit piss and I don't blame him. He's good on the mic, entertaining as hell, and can put on a good match. He would have been an exceptional midcarder but WWE constantly putting roadblocks in his direction. So screw a brass ring.

Dude should definitely get work elsewhere. It just sucks because I thought he'd look good in the WWE against some of the bigger names.

Top Bottom