• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT2| Stop watching this garbage and get HBO Go

Kaladin

Let's say that the weather does indeed impact attendance. Will they actually postpone the show or would they go ahead and televise it with maybe 2,000 people or so?

Will they actually listen to the crowd from last night, RE: Reigns, or will they just write it off as an anomaly using the excuse that it was a 'smark crowd'. It'll be interesting how it plays out.

Weather is going to do more than impact attendance, practically no one will be there. There is a statewide travel ban as of 9pm. So no cars on the road.

Cagey

Banned
About the women's tag, I think the crowd and most people don't care because we know is just advertising for Total Divas.

WWE gives women 53 seconds to have a match on a 3 hour TV show. WWE gets criticized for the way they treat women's wrestling on TV. Deservedly so. A good tag match happens. Crowd DGAF, starts irrelevant chants. "Most people don't care because it's just advertising for Total Divas" as a justification.

Do the "smart" fans watching WWE really want more women's wrestling?

just cancelled my sub

Don't really care about Bryan losing but not happy with the current product enough to pay for it. I'll watch the first hour of Raw, fall asleep and FFWD through the next 2 hours in 4 minutes.

Philly crowd wasn't miserable, they were red hot all night. That smark ass crowd didn't want Reigns and that was all. They were chanting Feed Me More for friggin Ryback of all people. There were probably 5 baby faces other than Reigns that could have won that match and the crowd would have exploded.

They booed Ryback, and then chanted along to his chant-catchphrase, and then booed him right after the chanting spot was done.

TraBuch

Banned
So was Bubba Ray's return just a Royal Rumble one-off? Or is he back?

Still disappointed Devon wasn't the next one out for some table action.

Scottify

I think we'll get a repeat of Batista from last year. The first week or so they're going to pretend that the booing during the Rumble didn't happen and hope people forget. I just really hope the booing continues tonight.

I get that feeling too, the way the announcers really said nothing at all. They tried to play it off but the silence and the booing were deafening when he was celebrating and pointing.

Weather is going to do more than impact attendance, practically no one will be there. There is a statewide travel ban as of 9pm. So no cars on the road.
Shoot, yes, I missed the travel ban news. This will make for some compelling TV, if they handle it right.

Hasney

Z1aYQSB.png

Patryn

Yeah, forget attendees, the employees of the arena will likely not be there.

I literally do not see how they put on a show tonight in Connecticut.

I get that feeling too, the way the announcers really said nothing at all. They tried to play it off but the silence and the booing were deafening when he was celebrating and pointing.

They did acknowledge the Daniel Bryan chants twice after he got eliminated which I thought was a little weird.

Patryn

Would they consider possibly putting on an impromptu NXT Raw tonight? It's gotta either be that or a "Best Of", right?

Tell some of those guys to just work long matches, and I can see it happening.

rock-roman-reigns-celebration.gif

I enjoy how you can see it in his eyes how scared Roman is that no one is cheering his big Rumble win, even with beloved former Intercontinental Champion Rocky Maivia holding up his hand.

jmdajr

I really think the Internet is destroying how the WWE can book things. Yes, I know, the Internet isn't exactly new...but more people know more, now.....

Hard to really say what I'm getting at, but I guess the point is, this carny shit won't work with how tied to each other we all are, communication wise. They need to become professional in how they map out their shows / stories.

Well back then you took what they gave you because you took it as real.

Now. Nope. Demands are higher.

Fans paid to see D. Bry have some sort of HBK moment at the Rumble and didn't get it. It's like they paid to see their favorite band and half way through the set they packed and went home.

I know part of storyline is to screw over faces but that's not what even happened.

So now we are gonna get apologetic Bryan saying he let the fans down. Sure, I guess that's a storyline but fans still feel way ripped off.

Sephzilla

But really though, if the Roman booing doesn't carry over into tonight I'm probably going to skip this road to WrestleMania or at least severely cut down how much WWE I watch leading up to Mania. Because if tonight's small crowd doesn't lay it on Roman then we're going to have to suffer Roman being shoved down our throats further because Vince will read that as "everything's fine"

Browny

Banned
rock-roman-reigns-celebration.gif

I enjoy how you can see it in his eyes how scared Roman is that no one is cheering his big Rumble win, even with beloved former Intercontinental Champion Rocky Maivia holding up his hand.

Better than that - if you look in between them, there's two people almost perfectly framed; one with thumbs down, one booing.

dream

They booed Ryback, and then chanted along to his chant-catchphrase, and then booed him right after the chanting spot was done.

As you know, Cagey, that's because wrestling fans are stupid and easily distracted. That was very apparent when those angry, angry fans stopped booing for a second just to let out a "we the people" when Jack Swagger walked out.

Kaladin

I think Big Show and Kane were the biggest mistakes of the final four. Everyone knows those two are enhancement talent, and everyone knows neither would win.

It should have been Bray lasting to the end with Rusev, Ambrose and Reigns. Could have still had Reigns win and it would have felt like a more deserved win.

Sephzilla

Damnit how are the fans supposed to revolt tonight if they cancel Raw?

Like I said, the only people who will show up are super hardcore fans. So it's entirely possible the booing might be worse. That or Vince will just mute the crowd entirely.

Whoa wait a minute that RAW wasn't really canceled. We even got a tribute show which was way awkward ones the details came out.

They cancelled the real show and just made it a "best of" special.

UberTag

Whoa wait a minute that RAW wasn't really canceled. We even got a tribute show which was way awkward ones the details came out.
The WWE would like us to pretend it was cancelled and no longer exists.
I'll never forget that interview Regal cut... dude knew something awful was up.

Patryn

Like I said, the only people who will show up are super hardcore fans. So it's entirely possible the booing might be worse. That or Vince will just mute the crowd entirely.

I honestly suspect that the police and the state would stop them from putting on a show, given the travel ban. I don't think they'd like WWE possibly putting all those motorists in danger.

Heroman

Banned
I think Big Show and Kane were the biggest mistakes of the final four. Everyone knows those two are enhancement talent, and everyone knows neither would win.

It should have been Bray lasting to the end with Rusev, Ambrose and Reigns. Could have still had Reigns win and it would have felt like a more deserved win.

The problem with was that the crowd would have cheered everyone while still booing the fuck out of Reigns.

UberTag

Hopefully we'll get a 3-hour career retrospective showing Roman Reigns' career highlights tonight in light of his monumental Rumble win.

Scottify

They did acknowledge the Daniel Bryan chants twice after he got eliminated which I thought was a little weird.

I did notice that as well, which makes me thing that it's the start of a 'combeback' story line for him.

"Against all odds, he made it back for the Rumble, only to be unceremoniously eliminated."

We need a mass NXT call up, the lack of talent on our main roster is hilariously bad as highlighted once again during the rumble match.

And what good would that do? Look at the Ascension. Fucking monsters in NXT, treated like absolute jokes after they get called up. Adam Rose. Emma, both wasted. About the only two big stars in NXT to not be treated like shit in WWE are Seth Rollins and Paige, and I'm stretching with Paige.

You want to know how much Vince cares about NXT? The biggest star in WWE that came out of NXT (good ol' Roman) WASN'T EVEN A BIG STAR IN NXT. Maybe he was in FCW, but I never watched it (I know Ambrose was big in FCW)

Sephzilla

But I wouldn't count it as canceled because it still was a kinda new show on TV that night.

I'd count it since the real show was cancelled and they told their audience to go home. Vince will never cancel a Raw to the point where it doesn't go on TV because LONGEST RUNNING WEEKLY EPISODIC TV SHOW DAMNIT

Marvel

could never
It's not what I meant, but I can't write for shit today.

What I mean is that it's easier for us all to communicate / read / learn more. I'm not saying "Oh, Marvel doesn't like Roman, he's big on neogaf, I AGREE".

I mean it's easier than ever to get the spoilers, the backstage bs, true or not, and see every little botch and every little quirk. Added to that and you now even have it so that more normal people aware of NJPW. Watched it with a group of buds last week, in fact.

I'm just saying how fast and easily info moves makes it so that the carny shit is less and less effective. Like that end interview with Rock and Reigns? Horrendous, but it's going to spread like wildfire.

Ah that's ok, friend I get you.

And what good would that do? Look at the Ascension. Fucking monsters in NXT, treated like absolute jokes after they get called up. Adam Rose. Emma, both wasted. About the only two big stars in NXT to not be treated like shit in WWE are Seth Rollins and Paige, and I'm stretching with Paige.

You want to know how much Vince cares about NXT? The biggest star in WWE that came out of NXT (good ol' Roman) WASN'T EVEN A BIG STAR IN NXT. Maybe he was in FCW, but I never watched it (I know Ambrose was big in FCW)

Yup I immediately regretted typing that as I forgot about how cunty creative is lol. It wouldn't help a damn unless these writers are replaced. Along with Vince too.

So was Bubba Ray's return just a Royal Rumble one-off? Or is he back?

I hope he's back personally, he can still go and is a great talker. Haven't seen Bubba for a few months in TNA shocked at the weight he put back on, looked great last time I saw him there.

Top Bottom