• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT2| Stop watching this garbage and get HBO Go

Amory

That post-rumble Reigns and Rocky promo was one of the weirdest things I've seen. Rocky stumbling over words and Reigns just standing there looking stunned/awkward.

Clearly they didn't expect a negative reaction to that degree.

What took you so long, Officerrob? I gave you credit for cancelling long before now.
At least share your image on the #CancelWWENetwork hashtag.

Pure stubbornness. I've thought about cancelling for some time now as I really only use the network a handful of times a month at most. The main WWE product I just can't pay for anymore. I used to take my kids to Raw when they came to town but that stopped in 2012. Last year when Raw was in town I didn't even know until I tuned into Raw that night. I still love wrestling, but have given-up paying for a product that is actively pushing me away.

Sephzilla

Rock was legit shook as fuck last night. I'm curious if he was shook because Roman got booed or shook because Roman got booed so hard that Rocky ended up getting booed.

Patryn

I'd count it since the real show was cancelled and they told their audience to go home. Vince will never cancel a Raw to the point where it doesn't go on TV because LONGEST RUNNING WEEKLY EPISODIC TV SHOW DAMNIT

That's why they need to get a bunch of people into Full Sail, and send the NXT guys out there to do a replacement RAW.

Thorakai

For the record my section was behind THE BIG GUY, not just his catch phrases. If we booed it could have been for any number of shenanigans going on in the match at one time.

Xater

I will probably never understand how a company can hate their own fan base so much.

I already didn't have the Network, but today I also unsubscribed from any wrestling podcast. I don#t even wanna hear about WWE anymore. Fuck them.

I do wonder though if usually Observer subscriptions go up when wrestling sucks and down when it doesn't.

Sephzilla

If WWE actually had some competition they'd probably be riding the Daniel Bryan bandwagon so fucking hard right now.

I have to say though, as a Rock fan, it felt great to see the crowd shit on the clearly obvious "Rock is here to deflect Roman's heat" bit

Bizazedo

For the record my section was behind THE BIG GUY, not just his catch phrases. If we booed it could have been for any number of shenanigans going on in the match at one time.

Felt like most of Wells Fargo was behind Ryback. I still think he can rise again.

Scottify

I almost felt bad for the Rock last night. His total WTF face he had going was priceless. I imagine the last time he was booed was when he was an actual heel in the Nation.

Bowser

de6XB05.jpg

lol fake billboard is real

kiguel182

The WWE would like us to pretend it was cancelled and no longer exists.
I'll never forget that interview Regal cut... dude knew something awful was up.

Is there a link to that interview?

I searched for it but only got other guys talking about it. CM Punk crying saying Benoit was is hero was hard to watch.

StevieWhite

B8QDSBJCEAEHStD-1.jpg

Had an evening to decompress, and here are my thoughts.

FIRST - I had a great time. Anybody who has the opportunity to see a PPV live should do it. I'll never dislike this PPV like everybody else did, apparently - live memories are too good.

I was at both Rumbles live, as is evidenced by the chairs. Both were enjoyable shows for me, but neither one nailed the landing. From a live standpoint, at least, this Rumble Match was worse . After the title match the crowd was overwhelmingly positive until Bryan got eliminated, and they didn't really have anyone else left to save the day. I can deal with Bryan losing, but they kind of paced it poorly. Ostensibly, it should make us hate Wyatt more for kicking him out, but it won't, because people always blame the company when Bryan doesn't win (which is kind of stupid, imo - they want to make money, they aren't "holding him back").

Last year wasn't nearly as hostile, and if you were paying attention, you had no reason to believe Bryan was even going to be in the match. He wasn't advertised for it and all the slots were filled.

I'm not going to stop watching though - I really get sick of wrestling fans threatening to quit. When you've lived through Kwang, Max Moon and Mantaur, it seems really dumb to get angry about this in the era of TEN DOLLAR PAY PER VIEWS.

I felt bad for Reigns getting booed as he was bleeding out of the mouth after what was a decent performance. I just don't understand how people can say in the same breath that they want wrestling to be more like a sport, have more focus on titles, etc... and then they get angry and threaten to quit when the guy they like doesn't win. I'm a Philadelphia Flyers fan. Sometimes the guy you like NEVER wins.

Cancel the WWE Network? That's just ridiculous. Seriously, I had to watch crappy PPVs through a scrambler in 90s because my parents didn't want to pay for PPVs. At this price, I could have afforded them on my middle school allowance without adjusting for inflation. Everything was fun last night except for the end. Lighten up.

Kaladin

Cena for once isn't a problem in the product. He was in the best match of the night and possibly a match of the year candidate last night. He should apologize for nothing.

Hell....I'd rather have Cena over Reigns. That's how much Reigns isn't the guy.

There is no way the Reigns/ Lesnar match ends up being a one on one contest. It would be the worst main event ever for a wrestlemania. People can hate on the Miz all they want.. but he could talk on the mic.

Reigns would not be so bad if he didnt try to push this glare/ look out all the time.

Not sure where they go, but they shit on a ton of fans last night and blew a good chance to have an historic pay per view. Seth Rollins needs the strap around his waist... unless Brock plans on staying in WWE for a while.

Fucking Cena. WWE could have avoided this because everyone except them did see this coming.

The thing with Cena... he has mic skills.. and regardless of what people say he can cut a promo and back it up. Reigns just lacks mic skills and the fact that he was probably the least talented in the shield speaks volumes.

Cagey

Banned
I was at both Rumbles live, as is evidenced by the chairs. Both were enjoyable shows for me, but neither one nailed the landing. From a live standpoint, at least, this Rumble Match was worse . After the title match the crowd was overwhelmingly positive until Bryan got eliminated, and they didn't really have anyone else left to save the day. I can deal with Bryan losing, but they kind of paced it poorly. Ostensibly, it should make us hate Wyatt more for kicking him out, but it won't, because people always blame the company when Bryan doesn't win (which is kind of stupid, imo - they want to make money, they aren't "holding him back").

I'm not going to stop watching though - I really get sick of wrestling fans threatening to quit. When you've lived through Kwang, Max Moon and Mantaur, it seems really dumb to get angry about this in the era of TEN DOLLAR PAY PER VIEWS.

I felt bad for Reigns getting booed as he was bleeding out of the mouth after what was a decent performance. I just don't understand how people can say in the same breath that they want wrestling to be more like a sport, have more focus on titles, etc... and then they get angry and threaten to quit when the guy they like doesn't win. I'm a Philadelphia Flyers fan. Sometimes the guy you like NEVER wins.

Cancel the WWE Network? That's just ridiculous. Seriously, I had to watch crappy PPVs through a scrambler in 90s because my parents didn't want to pay for PPVs. At this price, I could have afforded them on my middle school allowance without adjusting for inflation. Everything was fun last night except for the end. Lighten up.

Even though you're a Flyers fan (and you do never win, Scott Stevens sends his regards), you're my new favorite WrassleGAF poster.

I remember that 90s black box scrambler struggle. Throw a blanket on the box whenever the cable guy would come over so they didn't see them.

Alucard

Banned
So, will the WWE try to do what they did with Batista if Roman continues getting negative reactions? Or will they give him the Cena schtick of "some people like me, and some people don't. All you need to know is I've worked my ass off to get here and these fists are ready to do some damage. Believe. That."

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
There is no way the Reigns/ Lesnar match ends up being a one on one contest. It would be the worst main event ever for a wrestlemania. People can hate on the Miz all they want.. but he could talk on the mic.

Reigns would not be so bad if he didnt try to push this glare/ look out all the time.

Not sure where they go, but they shit on a ton of fans last night and blew a good chance to have an historic pay per view. Seth Rollins needs the strap around his waist... unless Brock plans on staying in WWE for a while.

Seriously doubt they go the triple threat route again 2 years in a row. Reigns / Lesnar is going to be the main event.

Not even sure how they'd go about adding a 3rd person this year. I guess Rollins cashing in the week before WM in some kind of screwjob scenario to take the belt.

kiguel182

So, will the WWE try to do what they did with Batista if Roman continues getting negative reactions? Or will they give him the Cena schtick of "some people like me, and some people don't. All you need to know is I've worked my ass off to get here and these fists are ready to do some damage. Believe. That."

What do you think? He will do the Cena thing because he, at least, has some people behind him. The same people that like Cena.

imBask

Banned

FIRST - I had a great time. Anybody who has the opportunity to see a PPV live should do it. I'll never dislike this PPV like everybody else did, apparently - live memories are too good.

Last year wasn't nearly as hostile, and if you were paying attention, you had no reason to believe Bryan was even going to be in the match. He wasn't advertised for it and all the slots were filled.

The problem is not about us, people ITT will keep watching no matter what

The real problem here is that the product WE like is slowly getting destroyed in an attempt to keep the "casual" crowd interested and it's not working... normal people won't come here to complain about the product, they're just gonna stop watching and drop the network for something more interesting like Netflix or HBO Go

Xater

Yes, how dare people cancel a product they are unhappy with? That seems so unreasonable...

I just ordered tickets for the final day of 16 Carat Gold in March. I bet that is a better investment of my money than anything WWE. They were 27€ each.

B8QDSBJCEAEHStD-1.jpg

iCdGIve9Do0jb.gif

Top Bottom