• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT2| Stop watching this garbage and get HBO Go

There are logistics in booking an arena that would make it almost impossible to book a different arena on that short of notice. Either they do an empty arena show in Connecticut or they cancel Raw. The travel ban still applies to the wrestlers though, so I don't think Vince wants to have his employees knowingly break the law, especially if one of them died driving in the snow storm.

According to Alvarez, they had a contingency plan to do the show in Philly if they decided not to do it in Hartford. But maybe they don't want to go back after they've all already left.

vBl1EDJ.jpg

Patryn

There is a travel ban after 9 PM tonight. They may not have a choice. Unless they want to do an empty arena show. FUCK IT. BROADCAST THREE HOURS FROM FULL SAIL.

This is what I've been advocating.

Is it possible? They clearly have the ability to broadcast, and it may work to help sell NXT to the mainstream.

Good morning friends,

has there been any reports of backstage reactions, Vince reaction to last night post show?

They expected the backlash but not to this degree. They are partially blaming the city and crowd and such. Vince doesn't want to do a three-way at Mania because he feels like it'd be a repeat of last year.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Damn some of y'all are too angry. It's entertainment, be entertained or move on. I'm entertained, even if I don't get my way. Who cares? Have fun.

Don't take life so seriously, and things shake out in the end. :)

Xater

This is what I've been advocating.

Is it possible? They clearly have the ability to broadcast, and it may work to help sell NXT to the mainstream.

Making their main product look even worse. I doubt that's a smart idea. :p

Next inductee in the WWE Hall Of Fame:

10952362_10152696698196443_3322954581639718613_n.png

Arnold Schwarzenegger

I honestly have no idea what Arnie has ever done in Wrestling. his seems like just another stunt inductee.

UberTag

They expected the backlash but not to this degree. They are partially blaming the city and crowd and such. Vince doesn't want to do a three-way at Mania because he feels like it'd be a repeat of last year.
A repeat of last year... nobody ever wants to see that at WrestleMania. I agree with Vince.

glcPKyPq0craX97jLUglWyIbuPR.jpg

Damn some of y'all are too angry. It's entertainment, be entertained or move on. I'm entertained, even if I don't get my way. Who cares? Have fun.

Congrats once again on booking the best Rumble of the weekend.

StevieWhite

This is what a true WWE fan sounds like, folks. Would rather suffer through the bad times of Kwang, Max Moon, Mantaur and Roman Reigns than seek out an alternative product that might actually do wrestling better.

Equates the WWE to a sports team that you should support through thick and thin. And believe me, I'm a Buffalo Bills fan. I know what it's like to cheer for the team that NEVER wins.

But you know what... the WWE isn't a sports team. They have all the tools they need to win and choose NOT to because they feel mediocre is "good enough". So feel free to shovel out another grand or more on attending the Rumble in person next year for the next force-fed winner. Vince is lucky to have you. In fact, you're far better than that crazy old bastard deserves.

I've been watching wrestling since the 80s (I'm turning 33 in two weeks, just so everybody knows where I'm coming from). Sometimes it is shit. Sometimes it's amazing. But please don't call me some kind of mindless sheep.

Not seeking out alternative products? Why would you conclude that? I said nothing about any other product.

I'll tell you one thing right now - before the network, aside from last year's Royal Rumble (paid to see it live) I never paid a dime for a PPV. I either couldn't afford it, or didn't have the means to view it. I can now watch all the shitty PPV in the universe, plus the occasional good one, and every single PPV until the network burns out for the LOW LOW PRICE OF 9.99. To quote Louis C.K., EVERYTHING IS AMAZING AND NOBODY IS HAPPY. Last night was worth 9.99 whether or not the ending sucked.

And as for the price of tickets? I don't know why you felt the need to go there, but I worked hard for that money, and I had a great time with my brother at both events. It was worth it. Thanks for taking a personal shot at me. Hope it made you feel better. Enjoy being a Bills fan.

EDIT: Floor seats were worth it just to watch Paige's butt jiggle as she jumped up and down for the tag.

Really, Raw not happening this week might be the best thing for Vince and Co. Give it a week off for the negative feedback to wear off. Maybe when you come back next week it won't be so bad.

Kaladin

Arnold has appeared on Raw and Smackdown each once and has acted in movies with the likes of Jesse "The Body" Ventura.

Yes, I'm reaching here friends.

UberTag

And as for the price of tickets? I don't know why you felt the need to go there, but I worked hard for that money, and I had a great time with my brother at both events. It was worth it. Thanks for taking a personal shot at me. Hope it made you feel better. Enjoy being a Bills fan.
Hey, I called you a better WWE fan than Vince deserves. If that's the worst shot you get thrown at you, I'd feel pretty damn good. Glad you and your bro had a good time. At least that triple threat match delivered and then some.

I'm down with the "Best of Roman Reigns" if it means 3 hours of Shield matches.
We'll also get that 4-star match Randy carried Reigns to at Summerslam. And they might be able to find a decent television match he had although I'd be hard-pressed to think of one.
They can show that one time Reigns beat Punk clean, I suppose.

Scottify

What will happen now with Mizdow? They've been teasing the split so it's gotta happen soon. Maybe they'll have their grudge match at WrestleMania? What then for Sandow after the split? He's over, but is he only over as a stunt double and will the support die once he's on his own?

imBask

Banned
they should just put 2 1/2 hour of commercials and 30min of recaps from last week instead of RAW, it wouldn't be that much of a difference

Hasney

What was to be entertained by that Rumble though, really? I mean even if we got a mor interesting winner, the Rumble is entertaining by teasing some angles for Wrestlemania but it seems like they just forgot this year. Possibly Bray/Bryan, but it would have been better if Bryan eliminated Bray and Bray came back in to eliminate him. Hell, the post show setup more angles.

I mean, it was so bad you can't look away television for anything outside the title match and Billy Gunn since they were so determined not to give the crowd anything they want. Mizdow is popular? No tags and a minute in the Rumble at best. Paige is ever so slightly the most over diva? No tags and win with a forearm. Bryan and Ziggler? LOL.

Looks like I'll be holding off my Raw OT then. Really hoping they make a Roman highlight reel for 3 hours. If it's not a proper show, I won't stay up for that one.

Ithil

Cos it's not like the main event two years in a row was Rock vs Cena or anything.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe we can get an NXT "thing" to happen due to this. Big break for the talent if so, getting put in front of so many people. It can be done.

What was to be entertained by that Rumble though, really? I mean even if we got a mor interesting winner, the Rumble is entertaining by teasing some angles for Wrestlemania but it seems like they just forgot this year. Possibly Bray/Bryan, but it would have been better if Bryan eliminated Bray and Bray came back in to eliminate him. Hell, the post show setup more angles.

I mean, it was so bad you can't look away television for anything outside the title match and Billy Gunn since they were so determined not to give the crowd anything they want. Mizdow is popular? No tags and a minute in the Rumble at best. Paige is ever so slightly the most over diva? No tags and win with a forearm. Bryan and Ziggler? LOL.

It was fun to watch, who cares about the outcome? You can be invested in characters and not get upset when you don't get your way. It's not a big deal. Ric Flair never got his proper payback for getting out of giving the title to Kerry Von Erich. That's ok.

Top Bottom