• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT2| Stop watching this garbage and get HBO Go

Xater

Damn some of y'all are too angry. It's entertainment, be entertained or move on. I'm entertained, even if I don't get my way. Who cares? Have fun.

Don't take life so seriously, and things shake out in the end. :)

Life must be amazing when you have such low standards in your entertainment.

UberTag

Yeah, there's no chance NXT is getting exposure tonight.
We'll get Royal Rumble highlights from past years. Or a Roman Reigns retrospective.

It could always be worse. They could air the Big Show movie, Knucklehead.

jmdajr

That's why the only WrestlingGAFfers I respect are Ithil, UberTag, Bobo, Plywood, and Professor Beef. This shit will never change, and rather than cry and whine, they just choose to not watch WWE anymore. That's what grown men do. They make the hard decisions and move on.

lol.

What men!

StevieWhite

On a less serious note: If you have an aversion to standing, or are perhaps the parent of a small child, DO NOT GET FLOOR SEATS, and do not get angry when the people in front of you did no sit down when they are excited. You think this would go without saying.

Also went to J.R.'s show in Philly in the afternoon. J.J. DILLON was a surprise guest, and they actually fielded my question: What's the most scared you were during a wrestling riot?

J.J. gave us two: While managing Brute Bernard in Australia, he hit Andre the Giant in the head with a loaded boot after a match to set up an angle for a return match two weeks down the line. He said the fans freaked out and wouldn't let them leave, and they more or less had to flee for their lives.

The other story he told involved Angelo Savoldi getting hacked up with a box cutter. Scary stuff.

J.R. told a story about Danny Hodge getting blinded in a match with someone (Killer Karl Kox, I think - can't remember). Crowd stormed the ring, and he said that Danny Hodge stumbled around swinging his fists "blindly" to protect the heels. Good stuff.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
If you're still mad about the Rumble, watch the alternatives and you'll find a lot to enjoy if you don't mind losing out on the production values of WWE. NJPW comes closest with their money and setup, but good wrestling and good stories don't matter what venue and how many cameras. Except for CZW.

On a less serious note: If you have an aversion to standing, or are perhaps the parent of a small child, DO NOT GET FLOOR SEATS, and do not get angry when the people in front of you did no sit down when they are excited. You think this would go without saying.

Also went to J.R.'s show in Philly in the afternoon. J.J. DILLON was a surprise guest, and they actually fielded my question: What's the most scared you were during a wrestling riot?

J.J. gave us two: While managing Brute Bernard in Australia, he hit Andre the Giant in the head with a loaded boot after a match to set up an angle for a return match two weeks down the line. He said the fans freaked out and wouldn't let them leave, and they more or less had to flea for their lives.

The other story he told involved Angelo Savoldi getting hacked up with a box cutter. Scary stuff.

J.R. told a story about Danny Hodge getting blinded in a match with someone (Killer Karl Kox, I think - can't remember). Crowd stormed the ring, and he said that Danny Hodge stumbled around swinging his fists "blindly" to protect the heels. Good stuff.

That's a dope story, both of them. Good question too.

Damn some of y'all are too angry. It's entertainment, be entertained or move on. I'm entertained, even if I don't get my way. Who cares? Have fun.

Don't take life so seriously, and things shake out in the end. :)

I agree! The product sucks and I refuse to watch it anymore. The only thing I enjoy about WWE is this community shitting on it, I haven't watched more than 15 minutes of RAW in months. It's pointless to get angry about a product that doesn't give a shit what you think of it. That goes for everything basically. Why waste energy on something so trivial. Find other hobbies or outlets.

Until things change I will continue to avoid WWE programming.

I will still keep supporting pro wrestling by going to my local indy shows and by watching and listening to stuff that entertains me.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hell no, I wanna see what kinky dominatrix shit steph and hhh get into. She probably plows into him with a strap on while wearing Ultimate Warrior face paint

You should watch the Howard Stern interview with Steph then. Lots of sex questions. And answers.

XenoRaven

The Rock was just the tip of the iceberg. Vince scheduled the RAW after the Rumble in a location where he knew there would be a massive snow storm. By next week, everyone will have cooled down and it will be business as usual.

People still doubt this man.

Showaddy

Funnily enough they have just taped the final 3 NXT shows before Takeover. I would laugh so hard if they just said screw the Network and aired all 3.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Funnily enough they have just taped the final 3 NXT shows before Takeover. I would laugh so hard if they just said screw the Network and aired all 3.

I'd watch the fuck out of that. Especially considering some of the spoilers! Holy fuck that'd be great <3

Kacho

Gold Member
It's got to be tough being Roman Reigns right about now. Imagine how awkward it is for him backstage. You can't sugar coat a single thing about what happened last night. His self confidence must be shattered.

I wonder if the WWE and The Rock are going to ink out some additional appearances in an effort to get him over. His promos will almost no doubt suffer even more after what happened last night, especially if future crowds give him a similar response, which is the biggest question mark right now.

Cagey

Banned
Raw is cancelled. Several different reputable places reporting it now. Talent told to stay in their hotels.

How amazing would the stories that come out from tonight be if it were the 1980s still.

Today's millenials are too interested in Facebook and video games to have wild coke-and-vodka fueled orgy brawls.

Fox318

It's got to be tough being Roman Reigns right about now. Imagine how awkward it is for him backstage. You can't sugar coat a single thing about what happened last night. His self confidence must be shattered.

I wonder if the WWE and The Rock are going to ink out some additional appearances in an effort to get him over. His promos will almost no doubt suffer even more after what happened last night, especially if future crowds give him a similar response, which is the biggest question mark right now.
That got David Flair over

kirblar

The worst part is that he was booked to be a guy in need of rescuing at the Rumble. They couldn't even get that right.

dream

I would hope that Roman would remind himself that this is all fake, and the fans are inbred idiots. But i suspect he's enough of a mark for "the business" to be gutted by all this.

The wrestling fans were fucking terrible people for bullying Dave Bautista, but he always knew that he was better than the company, and better than pro wrestling. I get the sense that this is all Roman Reigns has.

Positive for them is that they have a week to get their shit straight and hope and pray that the majority of the audience forgets about last night.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Bottom line is with social media and people thinking they're a part of the show, they're going to try to change it instead of listen to the narrative. Hell, believe me, I'd love if the Rumble went off according to how I wanted to, but it doesn't make the show worse if my favorite doesn't win. If I actively HATE others (and I see very little reason to hate Roman Reigns, he was put in a bad spot, that's all) then why would I tune out? I still enjoy what I watch, booking decisions be damned.

Now I know why Vince holds the fans in such contempt nowadays, though - they always come back. Keep drumming up that discussion, keep beating that dead horse. You'll be back. Even if you're canceling your subscription, you're still talking about it and reaching others. Keep on doing it.

1422284894002.jpg

Top Bottom