• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT2| Stop watching this garbage and get HBO Go

It should just be three hours of Vince explaining to everyone that this is in fact the best thing for us fans and how those who don't like it are millennial fucks.

jmdajr

This was a good opportunity to have the Authority screw D. Bry again. But they didn't even do that. Not even worth their time.

My guess is Bray Wyatt promos telling D. Bray how he's weak and I don't know what after Goat man comes out and says sorry to the fans for letting them down.

I mean they didn't even focus on D. Bry like when Shawn lost.
'D. BRY'S DREAMS OF WRESTLEMANIA ARE OVER. BAWH GOD CAN YOU BELIEVE IT.!"
Can't even sell that right.

So many better options even with D. Bry losing. Just baffling.

Moa

3laZipk.png

And don't get me wrong - there's PLENTY of room and time to talk about things that don't make sense. But when it's just smark butthurt and being upset their guy didn't win? Not a big deal.

I really want to hop back to some message boards from the Rumble McMahon won. I bet people were upset as fuck despite Vince being an incredible performer willing to do anything.

When McMahon won people were suposed to be pissed and upset. He was the villian.

When Batista and Reigns won they were baby faces and suposed to be cheered. They should have been the biggest name at the moment, but we all know that is not the case.

Even, at least Vince won beign the evil character. This whole rumble was an ilogical mess.

Vince finally getting bailed out. Good. We finally get to see a situation they don't squirm out of at the last minute with a new plan and then try to act like the new plan was the plan all along.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Man he has gone from Dumb as Fuck to dude is alright in my book.

Guy has worked hard to get where he is.

He was never dumb as fuck! That's the answer you're looking for! Ryback RULES!

It's irrelevant what any one person does. It's what the majority of the fans do. That's great that you like Dolph. I do, too. He's not a super big star anymore, though....and Reigns doesn't look like he has been accepted.

It's WWE's fault for that.

I said it before, but I actually do feel really bad for Roman right now. I've never felt this sympathetic for a wrestler.

For sure, I understand. Reigns is not accepted and people don't want it - but there's a huge amount of people who aren't on internet message board and WWE is privy to a lot of the information we aren't - and unfortunately a lot of that goes to merchandising. How marketable is this person? How do we get people to continue to pay money? Are the voiceless people (children) spending enough? Who can we market to them?

It was refreshing to watch the Rumble for me. I had some pals over and they brought over one of their kids, a 13 year old girl who never watched wrestling. She loved it and SERIOUSLY loved Stardust and Paige like you wouldn't believe. I don't see him as much of a merch seller, but who knows? I don't know. I don't know what profit REALLY entails and how well it works, because I don't work for WWE.

Well according to him, they heard the reaction Reigns got on the tron and changed some things around to help it further.

INSTEAD OF CHANGING THE CORE ISSUE

Kacho

Gold Member
Do you think that Jack and the Bean stock promo was Romans idea?

Vince buried him, poor Roman is only being told what to do. Vince has no clue what hes doing anymore, and no one stands up to him.

No the crappy material he's been handed aside, the dudes delivery is hardly even mid card level stuff. Now that the fans have showed him they aren't buying him as a top guy he'll suffer even more IMO.

XenoRaven

I just wanna see my dudes, however it plays out. I was happy last night to see the Ascension, because I'm one of the few fans of theirs. I was happy to see Seth Rollins doing some of the best work of his life with Brock and Cena. I was just happy to see them in the mix. I really don't think it's that weird, but I guess maybe I am different from most?
I understand. I don't want to generalize too much, but I think I'm generally more positive about WWE than most people around here. There have been times where I've watched a show and come away really happy and then come into the wrestling thread and seen nothing but complaining. I try to get what enjoyment I can out of every show. Even last night, I enjoyed watching that train wreck live. But the fact is that RAW hasn't been good enough for me to bother watching, so I quit watching. And generally, their PPV shows haven't been good enough for me to keep subbing to the Network. At what point do I finally say enough is enough, and quit spending money on their product? Last night was as good a decision point as any. Despite all the signs telling them not to, they still went ahead with Roman. I don't want to see him in the main event of Wrestlemania. I don't want to see him in the main event of anything at the moment. So that's it. I'm done for the foreseeable future. I have NJPW World and I really don't need more than one wrestling subscription service. I don't begrudge anyone for keeping their Network sub. I don't begrudge anyone for sticking with WWE. But the product isn't for me.

PW Insider is saying that the production trucks are packing up and leaving the arena. What the hell is going on. Just make an announcement that you are replacing a shitty live show with a shitty "Best of" show already.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I understand. I don't want to generalize too much, but I think I'm generally more positive about WWE than most people around here. There have been times where I've watched a show and come away really happy and then come into the wrestling thread and seen nothing but complaining. I try to get what enjoyment I can out of every show. Even last night, I enjoyed watching that train wreck live. But the fact is that RAW hasn't been good enough for me to bother watching, so I quit watching. And generally, their PPV shows haven't been good enough for me to keep subbing to the Network. At what point do I finally say enough is enough, and quit spending money on their product? Last night was as good a decision point as any. Despite all the signs telling them not to, they still went ahead with Roman. I don't want to see him in the main event of Wrestlemania. I don't want to see him in the main event of anything at the moment. So that's it. I'm done for the foreseeable future. I have NJPW World and I really don't need more than one wrestling subscription service. I don't begrudge anyone for keeping their Network sub. I don't begrudge anyone for sticking with WWE. But the product isn't for me.

Totally. And Seth Rollins right now is captivating enough for me just on his own that he's worth the $10 a month to watch him go. He's maybe my favorite dude out there right now besides Rusev, who was interestingly protected from Kane and Show - I found the fact that they made sure not to have Rusev KO punched fascinating. People may be upset about it but I rather enjoyed Show and Kane working together, it's kind of a shame it was at the end. It was convincing and great seeing Dolph get killed and spilled out like a bucket of water, same with Ambrose. Even though I didn't want Show and Kane in there, they made the most of it.

what is vince's obsession with shaemus

i swear he must want to marry the guy

there is a rumor going around that shaemus is returning a heel and facing bryan

man who the hell would ever want to work wrestlemania with shaemus

if i was bryan i would star getting political and refuse to work with the guy

Bizazedo

For sure, I understand. Reigns is not accepted and people don't want it - but there's a huge amount of people who aren't on internet message board and WWE is privy to a lot of the information we aren't - and unfortunately a lot of that goes to merchandising. How marketable is this person? How do we get people to continue to pay money? Are the voiceless people (children) spending enough? Who can we market to them?

It was refreshing to watch the Rumble for me. I had some pals over and they brought over one of their kids, a 13 year old girl who never watched wrestling. She loved it and SERIOUSLY loved Stardust and Paige like you wouldn't believe. I don't see him as much of a merch seller, but who knows? I don't know. I don't know what profit REALLY entails and how well it works, because I don't work for WWE.

Yeah, somewhat agree. I ignore a lot of what some on the 'Net say simply because of how over Cena still is with kids, etc. People don't see the whole picture a lot of the times. Hell, I'll defend Cena if prompted, even though I went along with the Cena Sucks sing-along last night.

..............buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut, the WWE Network changes things. Now people have an active way to hurt WWE if they piss people off by trolling whereas before we just kind of dealt with it. I'm unsure if they realized that when they launched it.

Wesker said:
Well according to him, they heard the reaction Reigns got on the tron and changed some things around to help it further.

INSTEAD OF CHANGING THE CORE ISSUE

I think you were there, too, but man...that BOOOOOO was deafening when the promo started for Royal Rumble.

And to those reading, I mean before the show started, Philly was shredding Roman.

PW Insider is saying that the production trucks are packing up and leaving the arena. What the hell is going on. Just make an announcement that you are replacing a shitty live show with a shitty "Best of" show already.

Carnies to the end. Gotta get some ratings for at least that first hour.

what is vince's obsession with shaemus

i swear he must want to marry the guy

there is a rumor going around that shaemus is returning a heel and facing bryan

man who the hell would ever want to work wrestlemania with shaemus

if i was bryan i would star getting political and refuse to work with the guy

The only reason Bryan has gotten as far as he has is because he is easy to work with. If he stops being easy to work with, then you'll really see "burying".

Well, Vince doesn't want the RAW streak to end. Granted, they could put anything out there for it to count as a raw tho.

But, if they are so confident as to still have the show, then maybe they a follow throw?

Takes balls to go into a CT where you know its smark territory. Especially after last night.

https://twitter.com/iamjohnpollock/status/559770693760724993

"@iamjohnpollock: Raw taping is cancelled tonight, expect a three-hour studio show from Stamford"

I think everyone needs to step back, so this is really mother nature intervening in this madness.

I hope everyone stays safe.

The only downside, this gives fans one week to keep pounding the WWE. they could have fixed a few things tonight, but they probably would not have. too stubborn.

raw will have a real negative crowd. it will be mostly older fans. families and casuals may opt for a refund if the storm is real bad. the its still real to me dammits will be there, snow or shine

Can someone tell me what the hell they were doing with the Wyatts?

The Rumble spot started off really fun with the teasing of Harper and Rowan turning on Bray together. Then it just stopped lol. Even the commentators seemed to think so.

I am so down for a face Wyatt reunion if they can Take Down the Machine.

I wonder if there is anything contractually stopping them from airing the NXT special from last month. Really seems like it'd probably play better than listening to Michael Cole and his goof friends for THREE HOURS.

Top Bottom