• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT2| Stop watching this garbage and get HBO Go

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Not sure if posted but here is the top matches for Wrestlemania if Vince holds on to his stance of no Bryan in the title match:

That is a DREADFUL card. Awful.

Also, Vince is apparently "deadset" on continuing with Reigns. His comment about adding Bryan to the main event would be "going to the well too many times" is absolutely classic irony.

Yeah, Big Show and Kane? What about that well? How about an authority angle?

Bryan shouldn't be in the title match. There's no reason for him to be there. He doesn't have a lingering story about being denied the championship because he won the main event of Wrestlemania last year.

Rollins, on the other hand, absolutely should be there.

Bryan never lost the title and is the biggest baby face in the company.

If Wrestlemania is about the top babyface vs the top heel (it isn't, but it should be), it should be Bryan vs Rollins. If we hadn't just seen a (fantastic) face vs heel vs beast triple threat, that would make the most sense with Brock holding the title.

Again, if it were up to me, I would have had Bryan win (and Rollins win to set up that match), but there's no real reason to insert Bryan after-the-fact of Reigns winning.

The reason is because Reigns sucks right now ("isn't ready" assumes he will someday not suck, which I'm not convinced is the case).

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Also, Vince is apparently "deadset" on continuing with Reigns. His comment about adding Bryan to the main event would be "going to the well too many times" is absolutely classic irony.

I really do think it would be going to the well too many times for that. I don't think they should repeat that. They shouldn't even be in this situation in the first place, but they definitely shouldn't do what they did last year.

Ramen puts up a fight all night. Brock is hampered by his ribs. Able to F5 Ramen tho. Ramen kicks out. Superman punches Brock. Spears him. Still kicks out. Spears him again. Still kicks out. Spears him one last time into steel steps getting some collateral damage. Finally gets the 3.

Cue Seth Rollins music. Reigns still on the mat after being exhausted and hurting himself on the steel steps spear. Crowd is looking around for Seth. All of a sudden the money in the bank briefcase falls from the sky onto the ring. Crowd looks up. Rollins on the rafter. Parachutes down until about 20 feet above the ring. Detaches parachute and super curb stomps Reigns, causing the ring to collapse. Crowd goes wild. PS4 looks great. Rollins on top for the pin and he gets it. Crowd goes crazy.

Saw this on another forum lmao.

Bryan shouldn't be in the title match. There's no reason for him to be there. He doesn't have a lingering story about being denied the championship because he won the main event of Wrestlemania last year.

Yeah the guy that was world champion before his injury that caused him to be stripped of the title, has no reason to be in a title match when he comes back? Lol

How many winks to the camera will it take to correct this?
Roman%20Wink.gif

Roman%20Wink.gif

Roman%20Wink.gif

How's that?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I really do think it would be going to the well too many times for that. I don't think they should repeat that. They shouldn't even be in this situation in the first place, but they definitely shouldn't do what they did last year.

I agree in that respect, I just thought the comment was hilariously ironic. Ridiculous, even.

Had they booked them correctly, Bryan would be in the main event anyway.

Toki767

I think at this point, the best possible thing for Roman's career is if he got injured for 3 months or so and missed Mania this year.

Other than turning heel, which WWE won't do.

Verendus

Banned
I hope they do Reigns vs. Bryan and Roman crushes him in five minutes on his way to Brock Lesnar. Added points if it's just done on Raw without any fanfare.

DMczaf

Guys, I heard Daniel Bryan looked legit pissed when he went to the back after he was eliminated.

I think it was a work.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I think at this point, the best possible thing for Roman's career is if he got injured for 3 months or so and missed Mania this year.

Other than turning heel, which WWE won't do.

He already got injured for three months and nothing happened when he came back.

Yeah the guy that was world champion before his injury that caused him to be stripped of the title, has no reason to be in a title match when he comes back? Lol

That was literally the exact same story from last year - Triple H was mean and stripped me of the title so I'm gonna work my way back to the title event at Wrestlemania! The fact you could justify it based on events that haven't been referenced on TV in 8 months doesn't make it a great idea.

Can't you Bryan marks just admit you want Bryan in the title match because you're Bryan marks?

Ithil

That's not true. Bryan never lost the title, and his big title run was cut short by injury. We also never got the planned Bryan/Lesnar match.

Never mind that this idea of "Well he had his moment so he can't have another" is dumb. Since when do top guys do one thing then just never show up again in the main event?

I wouldn't be surprised if we see Bryan/Rollins at Mania this year tbh. And then Wyatt/Orton. Ambrose in Battle Royal duty

I actually agree, but yeah they shouldn't be here to begin with

Due to the impending blizzard in the Northeast and statewide travel bans, WWE has postponed tonight's live event in Hartford and cancelled tomorrow night's live event in Boston; however, WWE will emanate live tonight at 8 p.m. ET from its studios in the Stamford world headquarters.

Ticket Information

Hartford, Conn., XL Center: Tickets for tonight's show in Hartford will be honored for a SmackDown event this Thursday, January 29 that will air live on Syfy.

Boston, MA, TD Garden: Fans with tickets to tomorrow's event in Boston will have the option of either exchanging tickets for an upcoming WWE event on Saturday, June 27 or obtaining a refund at point of purchase.

There you go.

I love the speculation in the sheets about the rock possibly being upset. He isn't some fucking newjack lol. Of course he was upset. They threw him out there after terrible booking and he and his cousin looked foolish.

I want to know what Vince thought after the show last night.

Was Roman emotional after the Rumble? I feel so bad for him.

I hope this doesn't lead to John Cener getting the title back. god please no.

v0yce

Except for that minor not losing the title but having to give it up due to injury thing.

Hartford event pushed to Thursday live on Syfy..Smack down is completely cancelled from Boston

Wwe will air something from the home office tonight for sure though

Mike McMahon ‏@MikeMcMahonDOG 2m2 minutes ago
Again: Hartford Raw postponed. Hartford will get a live Smackdown on Thurs. night on SyFy.

Boston is canceled. Refunds or exchange for6/27

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Saw this on another forum lmao.

Ramen puts up a fight all night. Brock is hampered by his ribs. Able to F5 Ramen tho. Ramen kicks out. Superman punches Brock. Spears him. Still kicks out. Spears him again. Still kicks out. Spears him one last time into steel steps getting some collateral damage. Finally gets the 3.

Cue Seth Rollins music. Reigns still on the mat after being exhausted and hurting himself on the steel steps spear. Crowd is looking around for Seth. All of a sudden the money in the bank briefcase falls from the sky onto the ring. Crowd looks up. Rollins on the rafter. Parachutes down until about 20 feet above the ring. Detaches parachute and super curb stomps Reigns, causing the ring to collapse. Crowd goes wild. PS4 looks great. Rollins on top for the pin and he gets it. Crowd goes crazy.

ibr9YRjcdttlBI.gif

Bizazedo

Good link. The link from that to the Heyman interview pre-Rumble is pretty good, too.

http://www.rollingstone.com/culture...ic-run-and-wrestlings-next-evolution-20150122
Rolling Stone Interview with Paul Heyman said:
"I don't think the fanbase should ever compromise. They should demand the best product they can get for their money and for their attention," he says. "I'm not one of those people that sits there and says, 'My God, what does the audience really want?' The audience wants something that entertains them, and whether that entertainment is in the form of a physical match or in the form of a skit or video or promo, it's our job to deliver it to them, to the point where the audience becomes the biggest champion of our brand. And if we can't match that, then we're falling short."

Top Bottom