• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT2| Stop watching this garbage and get HBO Go

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Bryan never lost the title and is the biggest baby face in the company.

If Wrestlemania is about the top babyface vs the top heel (it isn't, but it should be), it should be Bryan vs Rollins. If we hadn't just seen a (fantastic) face vs heel vs beast triple threat, that would make the most sense with Brock holding the title.

The reason is because Reigns sucks right now ("isn't ready" assumes he will someday not suck, which I'm not convinced is the case).

Rollins really is their biggest upcoming guy and he's the actual face of the Authority stable (in terms of actually wrestling people). I find it way more egregious he's not main eventing WM than Bryan, who did it last year but hasn't done anything in months (I'm not saying its Bryan's fault he got hurt, either).

That's not true. Bryan never lost the title, and his big title run was cut short by injury. We also never got the planned Bryan/Lesnar match.

Never mind that this idea of "Well he had his moment so he can't have another" is dumb. Since when do top guys do one thing then just never show up again in the main event?

I don't know why you guys are so stuck on this "well he didn't lose the title!" Guess what? He's gonna win and lose the title about a million more times because its wrestling. He has no immediate need to win the title again, but they need other stars to get over.

Stro coming back on the 1st?

I hope they freshen his gimmick up for the big return, less of the evangelical campaigning against wrestling 'ruining' people's lives and more FnP. He's obviously one of the top draws, but this recent direction has been alienating people and typecasting him as some sort of grouch. Poor writing from creative, as usual.

Ithil

3oUiOyM.gif

#fact

Glad she was able to hold onto Paige's legs as the other two did a spot.

Rollins really is their biggest upcoming guy and he's the actual face of the Authority stable (in terms of actually wrestling people). I find it way more egregious he's not main eventing WM than Bryan, who did it last year but hasn't done anything in months.

Bryan hasn't done anything in months and is still their most over face. Deserve got nothing to do with it.

They should just replay the Rumble with edited crowd noise in place of Raw tonight as an ultimate fuck you

Wreddit ‏@rSquaredCircle 2m2 minutes ago
An inside source claims that #RAW is canceled and apparently they are broadcasting the #RoyalRumble instead. Not a joke.

lol

Toki767

I don't know why you guys are so stuck on this "well he didn't lose the title!" Guess what? He's gonna win and lose the title about a million more times because its wrestling. He has no immediate need to win the title again, but they need other stars to get over.

Bryan's probably never winning the title again if Vince has his way. They gave him that one title reign with the idea that it would shut everyone up.

Verendus

Banned
They should just bury Bryan completely. Batista probably wouldn't do it since he's all about the business or whatever, but he should come back and just squash Bryan in a five minute match at Wrestlemania.

Wrestlemania 30 is where it all went wrong. To fix the future, we have to go back and fix the past.

Wreddit ‏@rSquaredCircle 2m2 minutes ago
An inside source claims that #RAW is canceled and apparently they are broadcasting the #RoyalRumble instead. Not a joke.

lol

Wow so they are editing the crowd as we speak.

Hahahaha you watch, its going to be unreal as they pump in cheers. Oh my. This is going to be gold.

Wait for the backlash.

Ithil

Rollins really is their biggest upcoming guy and he's the actual face of the Authority stable (in terms of actually wrestling people). I find it way more egregious he's not main eventing WM than Bryan, who did it last year but hasn't done anything in months (I'm not saying its Bryan's fault he got hurt, either).

They "need other stars to get over"? They have a star, Daniel Bryan. And in continuously ignoring him, they've killed other potential stars like Sheamus and now Reigns.
Bryan is the right choice for business, and they've just insured that Reigns sure as hell isn't with that Rumble.

Rollins is a heel, with the MITB, he has an in to the title picture, and he's young, he doesn't need to be in the main event. But they had no one other than Bryan ready to face Brock, who was a fresh opponent.

XL CENTER POSTPONES RAW UNTIL THURSDAY

STAMFORD, Conn., January 26, 2015 – Due to the impending blizzard in the Northeast and statewide travel bans, WWE has postponed tonight’s live event in Hartford and cancelled tomorrow night’s live event in Boston; however, WWE will emanate live tonight at 8 p.m. ET from its studios in the Stamford world headquarters.

Ticket Information

• Hartford, Conn., XL Center: Tickets for tonight’s show in Hartford will be honored for a SmackDown event this Thursday, January 29 that will air live on Syfy.
• Boston, MA, TD Garden: Fans with tickets to tomorrow’s event in Boston will have the option of either exchanging tickets for an upcoming WWE event on Saturday, June 27 or obtaining a refund at point of purchase.

http://rajah.com/node/45460

The facebook page is gone though.

Hmm.

So Raw cancelled and Smackdown live on Thursday from Hartford? Smackdown taping in Boston cancelled?

Toki767

They "need other stars to get over"? They have a star, Daniel Bryan. And in continuously ignoring him, they've killed other potential stars like Sheamus and now Reigns.
Bryan is the right choice for business, and they've just insured that Reigns sure as hell isn't with that Rumble.

Rollins is a heel, with the MITB, he has an in to the title picture, and he's young, he doesn't need to be in the main event. But they had no one other than Bryan ready to face Brock, who was a fresh opponent.

I'm almost convinced that Reigns' push to the moon means Rollins will not succeed in his MITB cash-in.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I really did enjoy Bray Wyatt cleaning house for a while. It was nice for him to get on the mic and not have to cut his usual promo stuff. Him eliminating Bryan would have worked out great if it wasn't before even the halfway point of the rumble.

Sephzilla

Honestly if they air the Rumble and it's clearly edited crowd noise the mainstream press that covered the Roman backlash from yesterday are probably going to jump all over them for it.

So instead of a bad reaction live on Monday, we'll get a bad reaction live on Thursday. Also, I don't know that they'll edit the crowd if they show the Rumble tonight. With Smackdown, they can edit because there is no alternative. There is no way to see Smackdown unedited, so they can still claim the reactions are real. With this, not only has everyone already seen it, but it's on the Network unedited, so they can't claim otherwise. To me it would make for more of a disaster than they already face.

Toki767

So instead of a bad reaction live on Monday, we'll get a bad reaction live on Thursday. Also, I don't know that they'll edit the crowd if they show the Rumble tonight. With Smackdown, they can edit because there is no alternative. There is no way to see Smackdown unedited, so they can still claim the reactions are real. With this, not only has everyone already seen it, but it's on the Network unedited, so they can't claim otherwise. To me it would make for more of a disaster than they already face.

They can't even get 1/5 of their viewing audience to subscribe to the Network. The majority have not seen it, only heard about it.

That would be some shit if they edit it tonight and then replaced the one on the network with the new version. Lol

imBask

Banned
so instead of Raw, people who didn't pay for the PPV or couldn't watch it will have a free opportunity to catch up on how terrible that ending was?

this is madness I don't I can't I don't even what why?

there's a limitation to their fake cheers, it won't work

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

They do need other stars. Bryan being over doesn't change the fact that his choices in feuds are a retired guy and his wife, a dude who appears on like 10 events (PPV and Raw) a year, Kane, Big Show or Rollins. The only one of those that people wouldn't complain about is Rollins.

Fox318

Vince really should just sell his stock and make reality shows about white trash living in nowhere to avoid taxes and strippers trying to become Sunday school teachers.

Let's take a look back on the good parts of last night

tumblr_nisqrvtrPK1sbzhteo1_400.gif
The #RyderRevolution will RISE https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aSCw4OkI4M
I really did enjoy Bray Wyatt cleaning house for a while. It was nice for him to get on the mic and not have to cut his usual promo stuff. Him eliminating Bryan would have worked out great if it wasn't before even the halfway point of the rumble.

Bray was the shit last night. Closest thing there was to an MVP of the Rumble

I'm almost convinced that Reigns' push to the moon means Rollins will not succeed in his MITB cash-in.

Somebody not named Cena has to lose the cash-in eventually

Fuck it, go all out. Sheamus beating Bryan in 14 seconds to open Mania, Ryder winning the very next match, Taker beating Bray, Reigns beating Brock and Rollins, Cena beating Rusev, and end the show broadcasting a replay of Punk signing with UFC

They can't even get 1/5 of their viewing audience to subscribe to the Network. The majority have not seen it, only heard about it.

And the backlash from the media would just be worse. The media would jump all over them if they edited the reactions. And the fan backlash would get even worse. Not only are they trying to force a guy the fans don't want, now they would be editing everything to make it seem like they want him.

If they get the talent back to Stamford tonight they could do some weird shit in the studio for three hours.

Like a live episode of 30 Rock or something.

Three hours at WWE headquarters.

I would watch that over the Rumble again.

Top Bottom