• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT2| Stop watching this garbage and get HBO Go

Kacho

Gold Member
So did Booker T get legit mad a Renee Young during the preshow when she asked if Booker T was upset because "his people" lost the match referring to New Day? I was cooking dinner at the time so I could only hear but he sounded pissed.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
"Hey guys who should we have eliminated in 1 second in the RR for no reason whatsoever?"

"I know! How about that guy that looks like like a super-man, is a good talker and can get over if given a chance?"

"Brilliant!"

Also, I don't know if we are just projecting on Reigns with all of these "poor Reigns". He probably just thinks we are all just pathetic smarks and had a pretty good day yesterday and today.
0OsIhDc.gif

WWE has decided to air the Raw broadcast on Thursday, Jan. 29, while also airing a live special in Raw's Monday timeslot tonight.

SmackDown will not be taped from Boston, MA on Tuesday and will not air this week.

Hahahhahahah Vince gets saved from crowd reactions for a full week, which is enough for him to stick with Reigns.

Friends, we've been saved from revolt and dumb revolution again. Thanks Mother Nature!

WM should be SHIELD v Brock Lesnar, but they already blew the easy way to get Dean in there.

I don't think Bryan v Lesnar would be a good idea. The size gap is actually an issue.

I don't know why people keep saying this shit, it's classic, textbook, old school, 100% to the letter, david vs goliath booking. It's so fucking easy to imagine Bryan as the underdog that gets destroyed but doesn't give up and manages to finally fell the beast.

like I really can't fathom how people don't get how easy it is to put together a Brock vs Bryan match

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So did Booker T get legit mad a Renee Young during the preshow when she asked if Booker T was upset because "his people" lost the match referring to New Day? I was cooking dinner at the time so I could only hear but he sounded pissed.

I missed that - but I noticed he was upset. Renee you fucking racist

charsace

HHH wanted reigns in the shield.

He has a great look and pedigree so it isn't hard to see why they put him in a group where he was well protected. The problem is that the dude didn't improve with all the time Rollins and Ambrose gave him while building him up.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

Wrestling is scripted.

Chamber

love on your sleeve

Wait, what? She really asked him that?

Did she really say this?? I would have been pissed!

kirblar

[/B]
I don't know why people keep saying this shit, it's classic, textbook, old school, 100% to the letter, david vs goliath booking. It's so fucking easy to imagine Bryan as the underdog that gets destroyed but doesn't give up and manages to finally fell the beast.

like I really can't fathom how people don't get how easy it is to put together a Brock vs Bryan match
Because they've established Brock as a murderous monster that two men + J/J couldn't take down. I like Bryan, I just don't think that would be a good match for either guy, especially if they want to keep Brock protected.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Seriously though, that Championship Triple Threat is a HUGE contender for MOTY. It was nearly perfect. Loved it.

Not sure of the payoff but the snow is clearly a work. Roman to clear that shit so children can go to school? Bryan to get buried underneath? Who knows with this evil genius Vince.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Bryan, as a top guy holding the title, has so far feuded with...Kane. He has basically the entire roster as potential opponents.

I think they are pretty hesitant to push Bryan due to the injury. Up until November, basically every doctor on the planet was saying he wouldn't be able to make a recovery, and now all of a sudden he finds a doctor that manages to fix it more or less magically.

I do think they should have pulled the trigger on Bryan / Lesnar this year, and had Lesnar either go over and resign, or Bryan win, get cashed in on by Rollins, and have Bryan chase Rollins through the summer.

Bryan has feuded with Wyatt, Cena, and Kane. I think he could be a good babyface champ - but man, the heel depth in the roster is terrible. I still think they knew that Reigns might get backlash, so they started turning Lesnar babyface in preparation for a Reigns heel turn either at Fast Lane or WM. (better yet, have Heyman turn on Lesnar and join Reigns - making sure Reigns doesn't have to cut long promos)

charsace

Because they've established Brock as a murderous monster that two men + J/J couldn't take down. I like Bryan, I just don't think that would be a good match for either guy, especially if they want to keep Brock protected.

Superman Punch and Spear are gonna steal his soul.

Hahahhahahah Vince gets saved from crowd reactions for a full week, which is enough for him to stick with Reigns.

Friends, we've been saved from revolt and dumb revolution again. Thanks Mother Nature!

Don't get too excited. It's not even a full week. They'll be live on Thursday. They'll just be back in the same position.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
He has a great look and pedigree so it isn't hard to see why they put him in a group where he was well protected. The problem is that the dude didn't improve with all the time Rollins and Ambrose gave him while building him up.

Nah, he's improved a fair bit. You think he's awkward now, go back and watch some footage from the Leakee days.

Kaladin

Seriously though, that Championship Triple Threat is a HUGE contender for MOTY. It was nearly perfect. Loved it.

What was wrong with it? Even Cena was spot on last night. I legit had no complaints with that match. Those two gave all they had to Lesnar and he shrugged it off like the beast he is.

Verendus

Banned
One thing that is funny about this though. And let's be honest here, most have been pretty sure Reigns was winning this Royal Rumble ever since Lesnar kept that title beyond Night of Champions, so I would've thought people should have been prepared to accept that outcome.

It's not like last year where you didn't know until Batista came back the week before, and pretty much said he's going to main event Wrestlemania, which meant he's going to win since he's Batista.

This time, you had a good four months to prepare yourselves emotionally.

Get ready for Roman Reigns to hold that title for over a year.

Ithil

WM should be SHIELD v Brock Lesnar, but they already blew the easy way to get Dean in there.

I don't think Bryan v Lesnar would be a good idea. The size gap is actually an issue.

So the "size gap" matters when it's Bryan, but apparently the "fighting ability gap" doesn't matter when it's Reigns?

No one in WWE is believeable in a real fight against Brock, not one. But it's not a real fight, it's fake, so you can make whatever story you want.

Is NJPW world like the Network wherein they release stuff over a period of time? I'm trying to watch the G1 Tag League from this year but I can't find it, or maybe it was like a cross promotion thing?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What was wrong with it? Even Cena was spot on last night. I legit had no complaints with that match. Those two gave all they had to Lesnar and he shrugged it off like the beast he is.

Nothing was wrong with it. It was just nearly perfect. Any complaint is nitpicky. Pacing was on point. Three huge stars. Great storytelling. Boots will rub his paws together and say "OHOOOOO BUT YOU HATE INDIE FINISHERS" but in this context, it made sense - since Bork is a finisher killer. And Cena is too, unfortunately. It was just about perfect. I loved it. Everyone that was over at my place loved it too. Seth made a believer out of many people.

Thorakai

That's what makes it such a good David vs Goliath story...because its ACTUALLY a David vs Goliath story. None of that Big Show vs ReyRey stuff where the story isn't really all that interesting. Plus with Brock walking there is no need to keep him protected. All his matches have been building to him doing the job.

charsace

Nah, he's improved a fair bit. You think he's awkward now, go back and watch some footage from the Leakee days.

I will have to watch some of his NXT work again. Most of his matches were squashes and he worked them more in the Rock style. The only match I liked was when he was in the triple threat with Rollins and Ambrose. Roman's best promo work is still the stuff he did in NXT as a cocky jock heel aka The Rock. That is when I thought he had potential.

I forget the exact words she used but she said something to the effect that New Day were Booker T's guys or picks. Booker did look annoyed although he was most likely playing around.

One thing that is funny about this though. And let's be honest here, most have been pretty sure Reigns was winning this Royal Rumble ever since Lesnar kept that title beyond Night of Champions, so I would've thought people should have been prepared to accept that outcome.

It's not like last year where you didn't know until Batista came back the week before, and pretty much said he's going to main event Wrestlemania, which meant he's going to win since he's Batista.

This time, you had a good four months to prepare yourselves emotionally.

Get ready for Roman Reigns to hold that title for over a year.

This is an extreme comparison, but it's more about the point than the literal comparison. If you knew for months that someone was going to come into your house and shoot you in the kneecaps on a specific day, that doesn't make it any less shitty when it happens.

Yes, it's not a literal comparison. But the point remains the same.

Verendus

Banned
Nothing was wrong with it. It was just nearly perfect. Any complaint is nitpicky. Pacing was on point. Three huge stars. Great storytelling. Boots will rub his paws together and say "OHOOOOO BUT YOU HATE INDIE FINISHERS" but in this context, it made sense - since Bork is a finisher killer. And Cena is too, unfortunately. It was just about perfect. I loved it. Everyone that was over at my place loved it too. Seth made a believer out of many people.
It really was a great match. Rollins was very impressive, and Lesnar still looks like a monster.

The way they worked the Lesnar thing was pretty magnificent too. For a moment, I thought he was actually injured and they're confused about what to do next. Then he just comes in and steamrolls them.

This is an extreme comparison, but it's more about the point than the literal comparison. If you knew for months that someone was going to come into your house and shoot you in the kneecaps on a specific day, that doesn't make it any less shitty when it happens.

Yes, it's not a literal comparison. But the point remains the same.
It's just wrestling though.

charsace

Bryan has more feats of strength than the power house Roman Reigns. If Bryan germaned Lesnar I would believe it more than anything Roman will do to Lesnar.

Top Bottom