• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT2| Stop watching this garbage and get HBO Go

Guys, we are overlooking the most important thing about today. IT IS OUR QUEEN'S DAY OF BIRTH.

10954742_636411473154832_388824250_a.jpg

Give her the title!

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
So last year was the "inaugural" Andre the Giant Battle Royal...is there going to be one this year or are they just going to forget that that was a thing after spending a ton of money on that huge trophy and it getting destroyed after a week?

They should have Cesaro win it every year just to contrast that with him rotting away for the other 364 days of the year.

it should have been a telltale sign when Bryan's promos didn't make mention of how he was the REAL champion

or maybe not

idk

these reigns gifs are pretty great tho

and Hartford is pretty much going to be shut down after 8 pm

Andrew J.

is there any indication that Bryan is ever upset about his position in the company? I mean I'm sure he'd like to be on top, all of them would, but he seems sorta laid back about it.

Everything I've ever read indicates that Bryan doesn't really worry much about his spot in the company. He might just be bottling things up, but I get the sense he'd be content just with a regular opportunity to perform in the mid- to upper-card.

Ithil

Bryan was talking a big game in his interviews as of late, but his showing in the Rumble pretty much proves it was just that. I can't imagine why he would allow himself to looks so pathetic. At least he doesn't look as pathetic as this though...

rock-roman-reigns-celebration.gif

He lost in 18 seconds at WM and gained several times the overness from it. Meanwhile Sheamus went to nowhere.

Sephzilla

Bryan is a nice guy, a great worker, has no out of the ring issues what so ever, does respectable promos, is already over, and isn't a cancer in the locker room.

How does Vince not push this fucking guy? He's basically everything Vince wanted and didn't get out of HBK

He was great when he was in NJPW, but that was before most people knew him. If he were to go back - and this is all hypothetical jazz, there's no evidence he's going anywhere and given his humble personality he's very Zen about things - he has appeal that puts him above their junior division, which is in the pits right now despite Kenny Omega being a New Japan guy since the end of last year.

As great as New Japan has been, their lightweight singles division has been pretty weak. Someone earlier mentioned how they did next to nothing with Ricochet last year, and that's fucking boggling to realize. From what I've seen of his work, he's right next to Ibushi as the best high flyer kinda guy working today.

Apparently Ricochet was offered a full-time deal but he didn't want to live in Japan full time, Dragon Gate offered him a lighter schedule. That, or Lucha Underground was starting up and he preferred to go there for more money.

Either way, if Bryan does go to NJPW (and this is just armchair speculation, hell, he probably isn't gone from WWE) he definitely wouldn't go into the Jr. division again, he's way too big of a star and would jump right up into the top guys.

Literally all of this would be ok if Roman turned heel by eliminating Bryan after helping him eliminate Kane and Big Show. No, Roman wouldn't get better in the ring or on the mic but it would tell a better story than

LIKETHISGUYLIKETHISGUYPLEASEPLEASEPLEASELIKETHISGUY

Bryan is a nice guy, a great worker, has no out of the ring issues what so ever, does respectable promos, is already over, and isn't a cancer in the locker room.

How does Vince not push this fucking guy? He's basically everything Vince wanted and didn't get out of HBK

Nepotism?

Bryan us a nice guy, a great worker, has no out of the ring issues what so ever, does respectable promos, is already over, and isn't a cancer in the locker room.

The only reason HBK and Bret got pushes was because Vince was feeling pressure from the steroid trial. In an effort to prove that he wasn't pushing steroids on his guys, he pushed smaller guys, and they got over big, so he was forced to continue. And all indications are that Vince and Hunter love Bryan. They don't have any problem with him at all. They just don't see him as a top guy. It isn't personal, they just don't like him as the guy.

Ithil

Not tall enough. He can't be a star, cos he's not tall. Stars are tall.
That's why "Boolive That" Roman Reigns must be a star, right?

Toki767

Bryan is basically Bret and Reigns is basically Luger.

We're going to see what happens had Vince gone with Luger instead of Bret.

If you book Bryan vs Sheamus, wouldn't the crowd at Mania just shit on the entire event like they did last night?

It just seems like a terrible idea to not have Bryan in a big match.

Thorakai

maybe he is still caught up in that not-eating-steak thing

or he suspects him of smoking weed with his hippie lifestyle

iMax

Fan report from WrestlingInc.

Most fans were very excited and happy to catch a glimpse of the talent. Unfortunately, there were a few morons who ruined it, the type who give wrestling fans a bad name.

One such guy was banging on the Usos car with his souvenir metal folding chair from the floor seats. The driver slammed on the brakes and an Uso got out from the passenger side while the heckler TOOK OFF. The Uso yelled, "Come on, man! This ain't no wrestling s--t! Let's go!" People cheered for this and laughed as the idiot with the chair ran away.

There was one doofus in particular who was really making a scene, and the car carrying Fandango caught the worst of it. This "fan" set up his souvenir chair directly in front of Fandango's SUV and wouldn't let him pass. Some other idiot was slamming a Hulk Hogan poster against the passenger side windshield and yelled, "Welcome to Philly! Hulk Hogan rules the universe! This is Philly and you ain't s--t! We don't like WWE's bulls--t!" Fandango, to his credit, stared straight ahead, but he looked really annoyed.

The same guy with the chair set up in front of the car JBL was driving, but JBL swerved and went around him, blaring his horn. Byron Saxton was in the passenger seat laughing.

Paige was super cool. Her driver beeped the horn as Paige rolled down the window and slapped hands with fans.

Ryback was also awesome. He rolled down the window of his truck and pumped his fist as the crowd chanted "Feed me more!" He was laughing and smiling.

Cameron was driving a red Camaro. She rolled down the window while stopped in traffic to talk to fans. Very cool gesture.

Other superstars and divas waived politely and smiled as they drove by, including Cody Rhodes and Eden, Lilian Garcia and Tyson Kidd and Nattie.

Some were just stone faced and stared straight ahead, including Luke Harper (who was traveling alone), Erick Rowan (Mizdow was in the passenger seat using his phone), Ziggler (ignoring the chants of "You got screwed!), Kane (who looked hilarious in a tiny Mazda) and J&J Security.

For the most part, everyone (fans and talent) were pretty cool, but there were some bad apples in the bunch causing a scene and annoying the superstars and divas.

I love that The Demon Kane™ drives a citycar.

Aiii

So not worth it
If you book Bryan vs Sheamus, wouldn't the crowd at Mania just shit on the entire event like they did last night?

Vince will run this entire company into the ground before he gives in to one more damn millennial, dammit!

jmdajr

They fucked up the booking for that match already. A bro kick to eliminate Bryan from the Rumble would have been great. Sheamus becomes heel again, tie up to 13 second loss etc.

Someone earlier mentioned how they did next to nothing with Ricochet last year, and that's fucking boggling to realize. From what I've seen of his work, he's right next to Ibushi as the best high flyer kinda guy working today.

They gave Ricochet the Best of the Super Jr's tournament and tried to sign him to a year-long contract, but he declined and instead decided to sign with Lucha Underground. Also, Dragon Gate (the reason Ricochet's at all known in Japan) gave him a run with the Dream Gate title, but he gave it up to enter New Japan's Super Jr's tournament and it's not clear if he's going to be brought back, as his Lucha Underground contract may prevent that.

Because if Vince doesn't push him, then what the fuck is Bryan going to do about it?

imBask

Banned
my friend just sent me this, I don't know if it's fake but it's hilarious anyway

Barjinder noted that The Usos were very angry and one of them got out of their car and "went off" on a group of fans. The same group chanted "When ya'll say MOVE we say NO."

Ozone

Nice

I saw you the entire time on the hard cam.

Great seats.
Thanks! It was a lot of fun, and Lesnar is as scary as you'd think. Main Event really tore down the house. But it got REALLY hostile after Bryan got eliminated in the Rumble, after the initial shock of what we just saw.

Our crowds here always deliver.

somedevil

They won't shit on the whole event but just the Reigns vs Lesnar match. Basically they cheer him and when Reigns wins the last shot will be a crowd booing him out of the building.

This community is really bad. There are so many wrestling threads on GAF that I figured it must be a pretty strong and cool community, but I was wrong. You guys are miserable. The past like 10 pages are complaining about made up rumors, arguing over your fantasy booking not working out for you, wishing Vince McMahon dead because you didn't like a show, just flat out working yourselves up over nothing. This is as bad as any wrestling message board on the web that I've been to. You guys need to get a grip.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy

Prior to his injury; I have no idea.

Post injury I can see being a little hesitant because no one's exactly sure how he healed up; and whether the treatment that he went and got will last at all. (I think they should have gone with Lesnar & Bryan, regardless).

He doesn't have the look, worked elsewhere for a decade before coming to WWE, and he doesn't stand up for himself and say "this is where i deserve to be in the card, give it to me"

By all backstage and previous worker accounts, those are the 3 killers in Vince's eyes

Fox318

Vince has fired Bryan, Ziggler, Rollins, Brock, and Cesaro to make Reigns look stronger.

It won't be long until Vince signs Ray Rice.

They gave Ricochet the Best of the Super Jr's tournament and tried to sign him to a year-long contract, but he declined and instead decided to sign with Lucha Underground. Also, Dragon Gate (the reason Ricochet's at all known in Japan) gave him a run with the Dream Gate title, but he gave it up to enter New Japan's Super Jr's tournament and it's not clear if he's going to be brought back, as his Lucha Underground contract may prevent that.

LU has some of the stupidest, most restricting contracts out there. That's why a lot of guys, including the Young Bucks, were balking at their offers. I believe they were trying to sign guys to 7-year deals that didn't allow them to compete anywhere else. That may have changed considering next to no one was signing those stupid deals, but those were the initial offers. Like, come on, you aren't WWE. You can't sign indie guys exclusively to work five dates a year.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
This community is really bad. There are so many wrestling threads on GAF that I figured it must be a pretty strong and cool community, but I was wrong. You guys are miserable. The past like 10 pages are complaining about made up rumors, arguing over your fantasy booking not working out for you, wishing Vince McMahon dead because you didn't like a show, just flat out working yourselves up over nothing. This is as bad as any wrestling message board on the web that I've been to. You guys need to get a grip.

Maybe the show just sucked that bad?

There are usually apologists. There is no defending the rumble this year. It was garbage even irrespective of the guy who actually won it.

Rapstah

No one in this thread is ever actually a tenth as mad as it looks.

We make the best gifs on this website.

Gorillaz

I see right through your charade pal

Top Bottom