• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT2| Stop watching this garbage and get HBO Go

Ithil

Well, I just pointed out the similarities between the two tweets and took it from there. Sure, they may have the same external personalities, but a guy can only take so much before he snaps.

That's one of the reasons I've always been a fan of his, since his RoH days. He's always come off as a ridiculously humble guy that just wants to put on a great show, but he's also always come off as a guy that wants to put on the best show he can. He's a guy that loves putting on a good match and entertaining the crowd, and if he makes money off it, bonus.

Ithill, you say they're nothing alike personality-wise, but one thing I can tell is they are both very conservative when it comes to money, especially watching DBry on Total Divas (which yes, is a fake reality show, but it's more real than the actual WWE product). DBry and Brie have probably made enough money to last their entire lives, and he doesn't owe WWE anything. I'm just saying that every man has his breaking point.

Yeah, but Bryan and Punk want different things, they've made it clear themselves. Punk is super ambitious and ego-driven, he wants the top spot at all times. Bryan is totally unambitious and uninterested in politics, he's just a wrestler who wrestles. It's probably hurt him really since he doesn't seem to fight for himself.

The only time we hear of him losing it was him getting furious that time he suffered a stinger in a match against Orton and HHH called the match off. Bryan went off on HHH in a big argument because he'd never had a match stopped before. So Bryan takes his wrestling really seriously but he doesn't seem to sweat the rest.

my friend just sent me this, I don't know if it's fake but it's hilarious anyway:

Barjinder noted that The Usos were very angry and one of them got out of their car and "went off" on a group of fans. The same group chanted "When ya'll say MOVE we say NO."

Haaaaaaaah! I lol:10'd

Toki767

They may as well turn Ambrose heel and give us Ambrose vs Bryan.

Because once Reigns wins the title you know Ambrose is going to turn heel anyway.

Vince's reaction to last night in gif form

anigif_enhanced-buzz-7898-1404376188-21.gif

Yeah, but Bryan and Punk want different things, they've made it clear themselves. Punk is super ambitious and ego-driven, he wants the top spot at all times. Bryan is totally unambitious and uninterested in politics, he's just a wrestler who wrestles. It's probably hurt him really since he doesn't seem to fight for himself.

The only time we hear of him losing it was him getting furious that time he suffered a stinger in a match against Orton and HHH called the match off. Bryan went off on HHH in a big argument because he'd never had a match stopped before. So Bryan takes his wrestling really seriously but he doesn't seem to sweat the rest.

Yeah, like I said, it's more wishful thinking on my part, because God damn do I want him in NJPW.

Fox318

Vince hates anyone who came from ROH or indies. Its why all of the WCW and ECW guys got buried.

Vince needs to show the world that only he can do wrestling.

Its why Bubba and not Bully showed up last night.

Its a 69 year old man trying to tell his father who ran away from him that he can do things and get his approval.

UberTag

I can't believe I'm saying this, but the only thing I am looking forward to at Mania is Triple H vs. Sting.
Are you expecting a great technical match out of the 55-year-old man?
For reference, he's practically twice the age of Cody Rhodes and Cody's been around seemingly forever.

And it will be an awesome wreck.

Pretty much. Nobody should feel sorry for the WWE. They really wanted to have their way and air their original plan as intended without the pesky audience fucking it up, and they'll finally get their wish.

Can't say the new plan was their old plan all along if the new plan never happens. I welcome it and its reaction.

Also I welcome the Philly fans for doing what they did and ensuring that if Philly gets another WWE PPV ever again, it won't be for years. Toronto was feeling lonely in that department.

For whatever it's worth, Meltzer said last night that people who have been around Taker recently are under the impression that he's coming back this year. Basically it's so much money for only one night of work.

somedevil

I am interested in Rollins. I also want to know what Bryan, Ambrose, Cesaro, Dolph are doing.

Well here is the card if Bryan is not in the title match:

* Roman Reigns vs. Brock Lesnar
* Sting vs. Triple H
* John Cena vs. Rusev
* Seth Rollins vs. Randy Orton
* Sheamus vs. Daniel Bryan

Still need matches. Ziggler, Ryback, Ambrose, Luke Harper, BNB, Kane and Big Show

XenoRaven

I'm still disappointed WWE hasn't used my idea of a heel being given an Attitude Adjustment and turning into a face. I think the rumored Rusev match is the perfect time to pull the trigger on that angle. Suddenly Rusev forgets every word of Russian he knows and begins instinctively singing the National Anthem of the good ol' USA.

Heel

Daniel Bryan beats Sheamus with a flying knee in 7 seconds at WrestleMania to save time, appease the #HijackMania terrorists, give his fans enough hope to string them along for another 6 months.

kiguel182

Sheamus vs Bryan 2 out of 3 falls is one of my favourite Bryan matches in the WWE. The way they treat him is shitty but that match will be good, wrestling wise, for sure.

Xater

Vince hates anyone who came from ROH or indies. Its why all of the WCW and ECW guys got buried.

Vince needs to show the world that only he can do sports entertainment .

Its why Bubba and not Bully showed up last night.

Its a 69 year old man trying to tell his father who ran away from him that he can do things and get his approval.

Fixed.

joelseph

I'm still disappointed WWE hasn't used my idea of a heel being given an Attitude Adjustment and turning into a face. I think the rumored Rusev match is the perfect time to pull the trigger on that angle. Suddenly Rusev forgets every word of Russian he knows and begins instinctively singing the National Anthem of the good ol' USA.

w/ Kruger working the puppet strings in the back.

charsace

Well here is the card if Bryan is not in the title match:

Still need matches. Ziggler, Ryback, Ambrose, Luke Harper, BNB, Kane and Big Show

I would shit my draws if they have Sheamus against Bryan. Sheamus doesn't deserve to share the ring with Bryan. The WWE should have job him out to Ambrose, BNB, and Ziggler and then cut his salary in 2014.

Unless he's there to give his retirement speech I don't want Taker back. And I say this as a fan. Actually, I say this BECAUSE I'm a fan. FFS Vince Let the man rest and go to bed every night wondering how the fuck you managed to have a guy with an undead spooky zombie man gimmick for 20+ years become one of the biggest names in the business.

Toki767

Sheamus vs Bryan 2 out of 3 falls is one of my favourite Bryan matches in the WWE. The way they treat him is shitty but that match will be good, wrestling wise, for sure.

Knowing Vince, he wants to set a new Mania record and wants Sheamus to beat Bryan in under 10 seconds this time.

Someone had the idea that as soon as he loses he basically becomes Mr. USA. Visiting landmarks at every city. Acting like a tourist. Vignettes of he and Land learning about the history of the US. It's both the worst and best idea I've ever heard.

Oh dear god how do you guys handle semi-marks. My friend seriously thinks Reigns winning is great and says he was the best choice to go against Lesnar at WM. I can't even-

Verendus

Banned
I think I've given up on Cena vs. Undertaker. This year would've still been a good time to do it since Undertaker is coming off a loss, so you'd expect him to win, but there's still the Cena factor. Next year is probably going to be Sting. It's pretty much never happening from the looks of it.

If they had that match, and Sting vs. Triple H, this year would still be looking pretty good in my eyes. Cena vs. Undertaker is a bigger match than anything else I could see them doing that doesn't involve Rocky in some shape or form.

You guys are fooling yourselves if you think Taker isn't a draw at Mania anymore because he lost the Streak. He's the goddamn Undertaker. He'll be a draw as long as he decides he wants to be.

Top Bottom